Region 4A, opinions?

kaeXo

Well looks like another year that district 7A has dominated District 8A.

(BOYS)

Pickett County vs. Clarkrange

Clay County vs. Jackson County

(GIRLS)

Jackson County vs. Clarkrange

Red Boiling Springs vs. Clay County

My opinion I think we will see for the boys side Clay County vs. Pickett County. With Clay County winning it all and finally getting to host a sub-state vs. prolly Grace or Temple. Which with either one would be a very tough game, but I think Clay finally gets their sub-state victory against one of the Chattanooga teams.

As for the girls I think RBS will make it to the regional championship game pretty easily unless Clay comes out like they did vs. Pickett,if thats the case then it could be a very good game aswell. As for Jackson County vs. Clarkrange being a coin toss with Jackson prolly winning a close game. But who knows Lamar always seems to have some magic up his sleeve when his season is on the line.

Edited by kaeXo

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(BOYS)

(GIRLS)

My opinion I think we will see for the boys side Clay County vs. Pickett County. With Clay County winning it all and finally getting to host a sub-state vs. prolly Grace or Temple. Which with either one would be a very tough game, but I think Clay finally gets their sub-state victory against one of the Chattanooga teams.

As for the girls I think RBS will make it to the regional championship game pretty easily unless Clay comes out like they did vs. Pickett,if thats the case then it could be a very good game aswell. As for Jackson County vs. Clarkrange being a coin toss with Jackson prolly winning a close game. But who knows Lamar always seems to have some magic up his sleeve when his season is on the line.

Ha..good ole Pickett County ...of whom I have no more respect for after the Trousdale game tonight...or there fans anyways.... that is the most disrespectful bunch of fans ive ever heard,and I know because I was sitting right in the middle of all of them...younger kids shouting racial slurs, constantly taunting the refs..and I was gonna leave it alone because they were just kids and then I heard some of the adults jump in on it..now thats sad..because I thought even though a little heckling is okay,adults would be mature enough to not shout things like that and act like that..btw way to go on the huge upset jackson co..you deserved it.

I wouldn't say District 7-A dominated 8-A this year. Honestly.... have you seen the competition level this year? I'm not sayin this just because I graduated last year either. It bothers me to watch the teams in both districts play. The talent level and the experience level have both taken a dramatic decrease. Compare the teams last year, for instance us with 2 players with over 90 threes for the season and a guy (Parker) who averaged 3 dunks a game; also teams like pickett with players like Bailey. I haven't been to a single ball game that has featured at least one dunk or produced exciting players to watch. The statement is true, District 8 has been swept by District 7, but is that really saying much???

Ha..good ole Pickett County ...of whom I have no more respect for after the Trousdale game tonight...or there fans anyways.... that is the most disrespectful bunch of fans ive ever heard,and I know because I was sitting right in the middle of all of them...younger kids shouting racial slurs, constantly taunting the refs..and I was gonna leave it alone because they were just kids and then I heard some of the adults jump in on it..now thats sad..because I thought even though a little heckling is okay,adults would be mature enough to not shout things like that and act like that..btw way to go on the huge upset jackson co..you deserved it.

I totally understand were you are coming from on that. Most of the high schoolers at pickett co. don't know were to draw the line. No player should be heckled because of the color of there skin. Now as far as the refs getting yelled at, well that just comes with there job. I'm from pickett co. and I think that alot of our highschool fans should be pumped up for the games but they should know were to draw the line. With that said, congrats to Pickett Co. for the win and hopefully we'll get by Clarkrange tomorrow night like we should. Hopefully it'll be another Clay vs. Pickett region final, and hopefully with the same outcome as last years final.

Edited by catchpc10

I wouldn't say District 7-A dominated 8-A this year. Honestly.... have you seen the competition level this year? I'm not sayin this just because I graduated last year either. It bothers me to watch the teams in both districts play. The talent level and the experience level have both taken a dramatic decrease. Compare the teams last year, for instance us with 2 players with over 90 threes for the season and a guy (Parker) who averaged 3 dunks a game; also teams like pickett with players like Bailey. I haven't been to a single ball game that has featured at least one dunk or produced exciting players to watch. The statement is true, District 8 has been swept by District 7, but is that really saying much???

T.C. Capps dunked one in the Pickett Co., Jackson Co. game. He's been dunking all year long. But it isn't about dunking its about winning ball games and advancing to the state. Sounds like District 7 did dominate. My personal opinion I hope they leave the games in watertown, I enjoy making the trip down there every other year. Just a nice change of scenery.

I totally understand were you are coming from on that. Most of the high schoolers at pickett co. don't know were to draw the line. No player should be heckled because of the color of there skin. Now as far as the refs getting yelled at, well that just comes with there job. I'm from pickett co. and I think that alot of our highschool fans should be pumped up for the games but they should know were to draw the line. With that said, congrats to Pickett Co. for the win and hopefully we'll get by Clarkrange tomorrow night like we should. Hopefully it'll be another Clay vs. Pickett region final, and hopefully with the same outcome as last years final.

Your right about the refs and heckling..but one was a woman,and kind of mixed as well...so not only was it going towards the two trousdale players but it was also directed at her as well...sad stuff.

It is easy to spot faults in others. I think the same can be said of just about every school's fans. You just got to let it go. Most the time, it is the heat of the moment.

(BOYS)

(GIRLS)

What times are the games tonight?

Thanks.