DB Indians

ArtVandalay

The Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians are on the scene. Junior Loaded and ready to take on everyone, including Farragut this season, not waiting till there Seniors.

The Tribe has what may be the strongest DB Team in History on the field right now led by a group of 10 or mor Juniors that have been together since they were 8 yrs old. Led by Derick Trent, Rated as a Top 10 Jr Nationally @ Catcher and he is a Powere Hitter.

Let's all get behing this exceptional group of Baseball Players and whatch what Coach Ritz has up his sleeve for his final encore.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did lose a couple of players from last year but from the top to the bottom of the order they are definitely a better hitting team this year. If a couple of pitchers step up and they have been showing great potential in the scrimmages there is no question DB will be stronger this year.

stripper dude why cant this team be better then the one last year? Brantley didnt have a good year last year. Duran had a great year and it will be hard to replace but that was the only one. And now that we are rewarding scrimmages with state championships shouldnt the majors start doin the same and reward the team with the best record after spring training the world series.

The Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians are on the scene. Junior Loaded and ready to take on everyone, including Farragut this season, not waiting till there Seniors.

The Tribe has what may be the strongest DB Team in History on the field right now led by a group of 10 or mor Juniors that have been together since they were 8 yrs old. Led by Derick Trent, Rated as a Top 10 Jr Nationally @ Catcher and he is a Powere Hitter.

Let's all get behing this exceptional group of Baseball Players and whatch what Coach Ritz has up his sleeve for his final encore.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I have seen these guys play and they are capable of winning the state two years in a row, especially with the juniors. South Doyle may be the only team that can stop them.

Im pretty sure he said "capable". I don't see where he's bragging. But I guess DB fans should know in advance not to talk positive about your team. Some "hater" will jump all over it.

Well the best advice I can offer is to shut it down and let the games begin. All this hype means nada. DB was supposed to be great last year and lost their first game to North! The fact is DB has been very good for the last couple years-they have had an outstanding record--just simply got beat by a better team (Halls). And, yes, when you start replacing kids like Brantley Kilgore, Ben Allen, Cory Wright, Duran Ferguson (all of whom signed D-I scholarships)who have been a key part of that team for the past three years then you do have some big shoes to fill. I wouldn't expect kids to have the kind of year Kilgore had his junior year or Trent had last year. Those kind of years just don't happen that often----it's a lot harder than you think. This bunch has been gone on and on about----I have an idea-----just let em play---heck, they may not even get out of the district----who knows????

After having watched Eliz scrimmage DB & SH, I think that DB & SH will be a classic battle. Both teams have pitching and both swing the bats. Can't say that one is better than the other, but I can say that both are excellant ball clubs for this area. SH, though, seemed more disciplined in their execution. DB's pitching doesn't seem as deep as SHs, but DB appears to have more 'bats' throughout the line-up than SH. And that is only thru my eyes. Everyone sees different things, but I was taking a hard look at both teams main players, not thier subs. Good luck......

Edited by GLee

Two Points:

1.) Kilgore, Wright, Duran, Larkin, Allen, and Nottinham all had outstanding junior years against competition that this years team could only dream of. Last year some of those guys didn't perform as well because of all the pressure and hype people put on them....a lot like people are doing to this years juniors.

2.) This team is not comparable to that '04 team. The '04 boys had the best chemistry of any D-B team ever. They were a bunch of kids who knew what their roles were and filled them perfectly. The bench supported the guys on the field and when they got their chance to come in the starters played the role of cheerleader. After the games they would all go and hang out. They were a TEAM. So saying this years group could be the best D-B team in year is crazy. Half the team might quit if they aren't starting by the fith game.