You gotta love softball parent.......

kidnplay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is the inside scoop on this? Was there more than one girl that got cut?

Don't know the whole story. The article just states that "dozens" were at the meeting. The one board member said that he had received over a half dozen calls from parents. I'd like to know if the one Senior was the only returning player that did not make the team. If anyone from Rhea Co. has information, please share.

Big shock, a parent mad after tryouts! If the player were good enough to play in college (as the mother stated in the paper) then she would have made the team. I am glad the school board backed there coach.

Sorry Sortsgal.......making a statement of that sort

"(If the player were good enough to play in college (as the mother stated in the paper) then she would have made the team)"

is not always true......

I know of 2 girls with scholarships that didn't make the team and will be playing

college ball come fall......One for a DI and the other not sure what Div

Also just for the record Not playing Highschool ball will not keep a child from playing

College Ball......I know 3 girls that play college ball without the help of their Highschool...

By the way I love Highschool ball just wish there wasn't so much politics.....and that

starts with the Coaches and Parents and the key to communication.

Remember its about the KIDS! and who usually gets hurt the most THE KIDS

Sorry Sortsgal.......making a statement of that sort

"(If the player were good enough to play in college (as the mother stated in the paper) then she would have made the team)"

is not always true......

I know of 2 girls with scholarships that didn't make the team and will be playing

college ball come fall......One for a DI and the other not sure what Div

Also just for the record Not playing Highschool ball will not keep a child from playing

College Ball......I know 3 girls that play college ball without the help of their Highschool...

By the way I love Highschool ball just wish there wasn't so much politics.....and that

starts with the Coaches and Parents and the key to communication.

Remember its about the KIDS! and who usually gets hurt the most THE KIDS

not in high school is it about the kids. its about the best players u can put on the field and then the politics come in to play.

not in high school is it about the kids. its about the best players u can put on the field and then the politics come in to play.

So let me get this straight you say the best 9 maybe 10 girls should play..so your talking about playing time..hmmm..

I agree with that the best 9 to 11 girls should play....so that leaves about 7 girls left, depending on the roster....they

could have more but lets just say 7......If the coach is playing the best 10 or 11 girls

how does these situations come up.....2 parents usually can't make that much commotion.....and usually the other 7 girls left well maybe 2 are Varsity material.....

not sure what your trying to say......highschool sports is NOT ABOUT THE KIDS?

NO KIDS, NO SPORT, NO SPORT NO reason for Vendictive COACHES AND CRAZY

PARENTS....Last time I checked there were kids playing the game not ADULTS PLEASE EXPLAIN?

I think we Need a Union to Represent the KIDS.......They could all go on strike and then all of us adults would have to talk about something else....

So let me get this straight you say the best 9 maybe 10 girls should play..so your talking about playing time..hmmm..

I agree with that the best 9 to 11 girls should play....so that leaves about 7 girls left, depending on the roster....they

could have more but lets just say 7......If the coach is playing the best 10 or 11 girls

how does these situations come up.....2 parents usually can't make that much commotion.....and usually the other 7 girls left well maybe 2 are Varsity material.....

PARENTS....Last time I checked there were kids playing the game not ADULTS PLEASE EXPLAIN?

I think we Need a Union to Represent the KIDS.......They could all go on strike and then all of us adults would have to talk about something else....

this should be a school matter, none of us know what the reasons for not making the team were. maybe they did not attend all required practice or may have broken team rules.

zuzu, I agree that it should be a school matter.....and maybe she, or the others did something wrong.....if so then the matter should be closed but why is it that we assume that it was the KID.....maybe it was the Coach....maybe it was just that the

Coach and the Parent couldn't get along....maybe the kid had nothing to do with it....

Why do we always assume that its the kids fault ....I will agree I have seen wrong from parents jumping the gun about their child but I have also seen Coaches jump the gun also about kids parents.....why do the kids have to pay for this.....Isn't that why we have Principals and Athletic Directors.......

ok here it is spelled out.9 times out of 10 its the jrs and seniors that get to play on game day and they usually are the best players or almost the best players.(not about the kids)then the coach will play the kid or kids she likes the most or parents kid he or she likes the most.(politics). then u have the 9th and 10th grade parents who thinks his or her kid is better then the other players on the field and he or she starts talking to the other players parents which carries over in the car on the way home and there u have it. mushrooms from there.if u want your kid to get the playing time he or she deserves unless they are studs in there sport school ball unless its football or basketball that brings in the money in for the school then play on a summer team u might get a better shot there because no principle or board is going to give u the time of day for girls softball. its to much a pain for them and does not make money.