Sullivan Central Cougars Season Comes To An End

brock20

First of all, you have no idea what all went on when Central beat DB in the districts. All we heard about were the rednecks who beat the city school team and "If you cant beat us, annex us" blah blah blah

Me wanting to talk trash now is not being arrogant...

We do not need to annex Central to beat you guys. And, if you want to, come on down to Greeneville and cheer on whoever you would like. Win or lose, the Indians will be playing either in Kingsport or in Knoxville on Monday in the Substate... Something you guys can't say.

TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, no wonder why Central fans and students would cheer for G'ville over DB. You would be hard pressed to find more arrogant fans.

OPEN INVITE TO SULLIVAN CENTRAL STUDENTS AND FANS. Greeneville would love to have you in town again tomorrow night. Who says you have to cheer for your own district - especially where they constantly berate you.

Right on TennTarpon! Some DB fans are the most arrogant people I have ever seen. We dont need DB's acceptance - its not their league only!

Gosh, no wonder why Central fans and students would cheer for G'ville over DB. You would be hard pressed to find more arrogant fans.

OPEN INVITE TO SULLIVAN CENTRAL STUDENTS AND FANS. Greeneville would love to have you in town again tomorrow night. Who says you have to cheer for your own district - especially where they constantly berate you.

Thanks Tarpon for realizing what we have had to put up with for years. They feel they are on another level than all of the teams they play. I love when parents act as if they are still 16, I don't see too many Central parents that act the way they did tonight.

Hate to see the season end like that,but we fought till the end,which was the story of our season.

The seniors will be missed,hopefully we'll get to see some of these guys keep on playing,they're all good guys so they will all have successful futures.As annoying as those comexxoriginal posts are,I'm now on the Greeneville bandwagon for the next 4 days or so.Wear the Indians out,Congrats tho Indians you guys played well on the big stage.

Congrats to the Seniors and the Whole 2006 cougar basketball family :thumb:

you guys would jump on the al-qaeda band wagon if they were playing DB...wow what a surprise! :o

Greeneville fans owe a debt of gratitude to the Central students. They were as enthused as the Greeneville students during the game with SH and added a lot to the atmosphere. It was neat to see students from 2 schools mingling and cheering for the same team (G'ville).

Im a fan in the Greeneville student section and I want to give a big thank you to the Sullivan Central fans. Your our image of what a student section should be like. We really appreciate you staying and helping us knock off the toppers. We also know what it means for us to give DB a good butt kicking and that is exactly what they will get. We would be more than welcome to have you all come down and help us cheer. I mean i really like that cheer....something like "Put em in a Tee-Pee burn em, burn em....lol...Congrats on a great season and team.

Edited by h0oP$-fAn

First of all, I do not think I or my school is on another level than anyone. I believe God creates everyone equal and I do not believe I am above any other person.

But when Central fans win a game and are on here screamin county pride and separating themselves from the city of Kingsport that is when I get on here talking about, not that school, but the fans on here representing that school. I know many people that graduated from there and they are great friends of mine. But, when Central wins games and runs their mouth and then cheers for another team instead of one from their own district upsets me. Like I said, if Central would have won against us tonight, we would have said congratulations and rooted for you guys to go all the way to state and win it all because you are from our district and us, along with the HILL fans, would love to see a team from our district make it all the way. If anything it would make you guys look better by being able to say you lost to a team that made state instead of one that lost every game after that...

TribeAllDaWay is exactly right. Its pathetic that Central fans would cheer against their on district. Its an custom in every district to cheer for your own teams. But hey, what should we expect right. Why don't you Central and South fan's join together again like you did in the district's and cheer against DB.

It was no big deal for DB to beat Central tonight. It was expected. Same goes for South.

I kind of see where you DB fans are coming from, about cheering for our own conference and stuff, but the way some of you all act (cocky) makes it so hard to sometimes. But in all honesty, the Tribe ain't gonna go "all DA way", and Central really had an off night tonight with one of our starters with a pulled muscle in his neck.I think both teams had kinda an off night. Look how low the final score was! Sensabaugh was on fire tonight as usual, and Will Henry made a few key shots. I'm sure you all wouldn't have been all about cheering the Cougars on if we were in your shoes playing Greeneville tomorrow night though. Congrats though on the win. Enjoy it while you can because Greeneville is gonna be tough. That Wiggins kid really is all of what they say he is... good lord!

Great season Cougars!! I am really really gonna miss it.

Thanks Tarpon for realizing what we have had to put up with for years. They feel they are on another level than all of the teams they play. I love when parents act as if they are still 16, I don't see too many Central parents that act the way they did tonight.

Man you are crazy, any time there was a questionable call, the whole front section of your section was full of crazy parents pointing at the refs and screaming their lungs out with death threats. I mean how could you miss it. And all the big boys in the student section flexing their muscles and pointing to meet them in the parking lot???? really tough. The Hess Express has been derailed

I kind of see where you DB fans are coming from, about cheering for our own conference and stuff, but the way some of you all act (cocky) makes it so hard to sometimes. But in all honesty, the Tribe ain't gonna go "all DA way", and Central really had an off night tonight with one of our starters with a pulled muscle in his neck.I think both teams had kinda an off night. Look how low the final score was! Sensabaugh was on fire tonight as usual, and Will Henry made a few key shots. I'm sure you all wouldn't have been all about cheering the Cougars on if we were in your shoes playing Greeneville tomorrow night though. Congrats though on the win. Enjoy it while you can because Greeneville is gonna be tough. That Wiggins kid really is all of what they say he is... good lord!

Great season Cougars!! I am really really gonna miss it.

Nobody said they were going all DA way, but we can sure pull for them to. Frankly, nobody, including myself, expected them to make it this far. Forgive me if I have came across as cocky but that is not me. I am however upset at the Central fans in attendence that stayed and cheered for Greeneville. And also, I have no respect for the few Central fans on here that ran off all that lip when Central beat DB and now that we won all you guys can do is talk about us being cocky. Makes no sense to me. You can talk and talk when you win, but we say 1 word and we are being cocky.

And yes, I can honestly tell you that if Central would have won, the MAJORITY of indian fans in attendence would have certainly pulled for a Central/SH rematch in the finals! Take that to the bank!!

Edited by TribeAllDaWay

First of all, I do not think I or my school is on another level than anyone. I believe God creates everyone equal and I do not believe I am above any other person.

But when Central fans win a game and are on here screamin county pride and separating themselves from the city of Kingsport that is when I get on here talking about, not that school, but the fans on here representing that school. I know many people that graduated from there and they are great friends of mine. But, when Central wins games and runs their mouth and then cheers for another team instead of one from their own district upsets me. Like I said, if Central would have won against us tonight, we would have said congratulations and rooted for you guys to go all the way to state and win it all because you are from our district and us, along with the HILL fans, would love to see a team from our district make it all the way. If anything it would make you guys look better by being able to say you lost to a team that made state instead of one that lost every game after that...

If you didn't go to Central then you don't know what it is like. DB fans believe that DB and its athletics are just a little better than every other school. And they may have a point...DB has great facilities, great scholastics and an athletic program that has always been good. Remember that Central didn't start the whole "Redneck" cheers, DB did and Central just used it againist them.

I will not be pulling againist DB, but neither will I be rooting for them. Its like when the Cowboys get knocked out of the playoffs, I am not rooting for another team but I sure as heck don't wanna see the Redskins win. (This is not a chance for you to bring up the Steelers, bballfan99!)

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Georgia commit DL Stephon Shivers announces he will leave Humboldt High School in Memphis to attend Brentwood Academy High School in Nashville for his senior year. Good move for the kid. Himboldt was awful, and somehow getting worse with all their players leaving for other high schools in Memphis. A very underrated prospect moves very fast for his size, and his releases off the line are insane. A very good pick-up for Brentwood Academy.
    • Great post and on point about the LB's. I would look to see Mason Batten get alot of reps and fill one of the LB's spots. Defensive and offensive line should be very good.  On the offensive side, Tate Surber has weapons all around him.  Backfield could see a mixture of RB's but I would anticipate Timmy Airline and Colt Norden getting the majority of the totes.  Norden will also be a big threat down the field in the passing game along with Cole Brown, Jacobi Melton, and Martez Teague.  Jacobi Melton is probably the fastest kid on the team. He can flat move.   As far as the offensive strategy, the weapons are for sure there to run that 4/5 wide no huddle.  But, do we have the depth to run a fast pace, no huddle and keep kids fresh for four quarters?  Time will tell.  One thing is for sure, the pieces are there to make a deep run, but we don't want to put the cart before the horse. 
    • McKenzie has to replace some very good players on defense especially @ linebacker. I am hearing the roster numbers are way up so far this year . A couple players from the 2022 team are back out for their senior year I  heard. Hearing the main offensive philosophy  maybe  moving toward a no huddle 4/5 WR and very fast paced. After exceeding  expectations last year and even holding their own in the championship game with what this team has back they  should be deep into the playoffs again this year. The defensive side of the ball is what I will be paying close attention too. I thought down the stretch last year, their defense was what really carried them through the playoffs. 
    • I'll post it on this thread instead of starting a new thread.  Humboldt's Stephon Shivers hit the tinder portal and will transfer to Brentwood Academy. Good to see this happen for Hayden Williams, as it'll give him a laser focus mentality to develop players for now on.
    • McKenzie has 30/38 of their roster back this year, according to TSSAA website.