Region 3-4A

chsOL68

I have talked to a few "higher-ups" at Central and everything will be resolved shortly and Cruze will be back before the start of the season. He will attend summer school from what I was told. Again this is just what I have been told. Have also heard the rumor that Coach Helton ummm how can I put this nicely....."helped" some people out over the last couple of years and their son(s) have wound up playing football at Central. Again I am not trying to start some BS on here but just voicing what I have been told by a few people that are involved and being questioned by the T$$AA. If this is incorrect or inaccurate I apologize now but this is what I was told.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here are my predictions for the upcoming season. Terribly sorry to have been away for so long, but I've had to "re-evaluate" my views about Powell :P

1) Powell will be number one this year because they have a ton of talent coming back and a new, energetic, coach who is obviously the most brilliant mind (as stated recently by even his own player and his former coaches) when it comes to football. Yes, he may be new, but he knows the system and has great assistants coaching with him who with combined experience and knowledge probably knows a lot more about football than any team in this division. Let's just be honest, a Knox County team is due a championship.

2) Maryville, simply because they have great coaches and some returning players who have already committed to great D-I schools like UT.

3) Alcoa---oh wait, they aren't even in this division are they? But with that great, new head coach (man, I didn't think there were anymore out there) and all that talent, I guess I just thought they would fit here perfectly.

3) Oak Ridge---dang, I know they aren't even in this division either.

3 and 4) This one is hard because I think Central and Halls may break even this year. Seems Central may have some "chemistry" problems, while Halls is continuing to work on and upgrade their program.

5) I'll give Clinton a break and put them above the rest if they don't change divisions. Like Central, they probably have some "chemistry" problems, but I think the changes in their assistants will improve their standing and they may even beat Halls this year.

6) West....maybe if their basketball coach considers helping out the football team?

7) Lenoir City

8) South Doyle-I'm still waiting for Clark Duncan to step in and step this program up.

Now I could be wrong about any of this, you know, but I do believe I won't be wrong about many. Afterall, there's no harm in wanting the best, playing the best and being the best. :) Nonetheless, I certainly wish every team the best of luck in the upcoming season.

Your an idget,

There is no way powell is going to edge out central or west, so what makes you think you guys are going to beat maryville :thumb: , you had big UT last year and what did he do?

I will beleive your predictions when I see them.

I have talked to a few "higher-ups" at Central and everything will be resolved shortly and Cruze will be back before the start of the season. He will attend summer school from what I was told.

I'm hearing very similar things. I hope it is resolved so he can get a second chance. As I understand it he has never been in trouble in the past. Unless a student does something that is violent or hurtful to another student or faculty member, they deserve a second chance, in my opinion.

HTV, I know that his brother was a Powell player before going to Central. Does he live in Powell or did they move?

Honestly, i'm not sure if they moved in to the Central zone or not. There have been a few of those Powell kids who started at Central while living in the Powell zone and have since moved to the Central zone.

I'll see if I can find our, or maybe one of the Central guys on this forum knows for sure.

Actually, Cruze's older brother was a QB at Central. Don't think he ever played at Powell. The Cruze family lives in the Central zone. I think they moved in a couple of years ago.

Medman, Bird (the older brother) actually started high school at Powell, from what i've been told. He didn't transfer to Central until sometime later on. The family did live in Powell, again from what I understand. If memory serves he went to Central the same year that Jason Chavis did.

I wasn't as close to the program then as I have been over the last 5 years. I'm sure somebody who has been around for a while can clarify.

Edited by HTV

HTV--couldn't quite remember. I believe he was a WR one year and the QB his senior year. Didn't he go on to be the starting QB at Maryville College? I just can't recall if he was at Central 2 or 3 years. Thanks

Yep, he did go on to play quarterback at Maryville College.

• 1 month later...