JC boys season ends with a question?

blued

Is it time for coach Flynn to step down? It has been discussed in the stands through whispers and quite discussion by numerious JC fans. It is well known that the boys team has exellent talent that has not lived up to its potential. Who's falt is that? It is also understood by most, that the coach seems to be unable to make proper substuitons at the proper times. This is the major reason for many of losses by JC. The regional semi final game against Clay Co. is a prime example. Our team was up by 11 in the second quarter and playing very well with the players on the floor. The coach pulls three or maybe four of the starters. By the end of the second quarter Clay Co. ties the game. The momentum was lost and never regained. The reason for the comeback is soley due to the substuitons. The one player that should have been set down remained on the floor making error after error! This is not the first time this has happened. In most ever game lost this season there has been one common factor- poor substuiton.

In the game against Friendship Christian, there was very little subsutition and the results was a win.

This is not a personal vendetia against the coach who I consider a fine person. He is just lacking as a coach.

Edited by blued

Is it time for coach Flynn to step down? It has been discussed in the stands through whispers and quite discussion by numerious JC fans. It is well known that the boys team has exellent talent that has not lived up to its potential. Who's falt is that? It is also understood by most, that the coach seems to be unable to make proper substuitons at the proper times. This is the major reason for many of losses by JC. The regional semi final game against Clay Co. is a prime example. Our team was up by 11 in the second quarter and playing very well with the players on the floor. The coach pulls three or maybe four of the starters. By the end of the second quarter Clay Co. ties the game. The momentum was lost and never regained. The reason for the comeback is soley due to the substuitons. The one player that should have been set down remained on the floor making error after error! This is not the first time this has happened. In most ever game lost this season there has been one common factor- poor substuiton.

In the game against Friendship Christian, there was very little subsutition and the results was a win.

This is not a personal vendetia against the coach who I consider a fine person. He is just lacking as a coach.

Unless you guys were gonna bring LeBron James and Kevin Garnett off your bench it really didn't matter. Clay makes those kinds of runs and nothing you could have done would have stopped it. Your team did about as well as they could in district play and even beat a good FCS team. They just weren't gonna beat Clay Co. on that night.

LOL. I think he may have the wrong team too. As for jackson Co. They are a good team, and have a lot of talent, and most of it is coming back I believe. As for the coaching getting them beat against Clay Co., I am sure you would understand that they were not going to beat CC. They may have gotten ahead, but they were not going to knock them off, it often takes CC a little while to get going. However, Congratulations to JC on a superb season, and good luck next season.

You can't fault a coach for sitting players with 2 fouls in the first half, thats just trying to play for the 2nd half. As far as overacheaving, I dont think they did, I think they could have won more games myself, I think they underachived a little bit. Next year should be a really good year for the Blue Devils, and I'm looking forward to seeing them make it farther next year.

With the talent they had I looked for Jackson County to finish second in District Tourney I thought should have beat Pickett. Lets not forget that at some times during the year they showed signs of being a great ball team. They had a win over Clay County and beat a dang good FCS team that had beat Clay twice this season. They did win a whole lot of games this year and it was a success overall I guess but I just thought they would do a little more. Looking forward to next year though tons of great returning talent especially in Crowder and the Cassedy boy. Look for some new boys to step up too. My bet is Kerley will be a big help next season but then again I'm somewhat biased :(