UNION CITY -VS- MIDDLETON

M-Town Baller

If I remember right from last years state championship game,Middleton pressed Trenton the entire game,didn't have a great half court game,but was very quick and athletic.....They have a veteran coach who has been there and done that..They are playing at home...Somebody asked about UC's crowd???..500 won't be enough,but I guess will have to do.....

Union City won't be intimidated like some teams would be going in there....I'm still not sold on the district Middleton plays in..I don't really think Middle College is all that,that people keep talking about and Manassas surely isn't......But,the Tigers made up for that by playing an incredible non-district schedule,as did Union City...

I don't think Middleton will stop Weddle,he is the best 1A player in the state..Middleton fans are in for a treat..And I know you guys have seen Kemp and Chism,I have too.....Weddle is a scoring machine that can take over a game...He just needs someone or two someones to step up and get his back.....

Middleton has the edge in supporting cast,coaching and home court advantage..So,Middleton wins right?????...Not so fast my friend...I don't think Weddle wants to go out like that......

Union City-75

Middleton-71

Heartbreak in Hardeman County.....But,hey you can go see Bolivar play in the 'Boro!!!!!..... :thumb:

Kemp and Chism are Bolivar Tigers, not MIDDLETON Tigers. We don't have to see them to see great athletes!! We have a few great ones, too. (Marq Murden and JaMichael McKinnie just to name a couple.) Our boys will show up not only to play, but to WIN!! By the way, we will go to see Bolivar play in Murfreesboro, but that will be in addition to our Middleton Tigers. We are from the same county and we will support each other, just like last year!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrbigster,

I am looking for your prediction and why. You seem to know a good bit about UC. Who do you really think will win and why. You have seen what we have done to Middle College. MC is very talented. I really like their coach. He seems to have some class. I really do not think he is a good coach. He has to much talent not to do anything with it.

this is going the most undoubtably one-sided game ever to be played on a court in the history of basketball. Middleton has never seen a team like union city before. there is no question that marquis "JESUS" weddle is going to break 50 by halftime. "X-man" robinson is probably going to get at least 3/4 of the rebounds in the 1st half. (the reason im only talking about the 1st half is because none of the starters are going have play in the 2nd.)

i feel sorry for the middleton players, because people are probably trying to tell them they have a chance of winning. (poor guys...) The only positive for middleton is that they dont have to drive all the way to union city to watch their boys get slaughtered.

I just hope that nobody gets hurt in this very unfair game monday night.

UC: 84-5

Y do u even post? You post the most idiotic things in the universe. Yes i believe UC will win but be reasonable.

I'm going to tell UC before anyone from LC start complaining. UC you all better get there early. When I mean early, I mean waiting in line for the doors to open, since Middleton already sold out of the allowment. I figure the doors will open around 5 but have not heard. Be prepared to walk too. This will be the biggest event in Hardeman County since Bolivar will be playing in Nashville. So just be prepared to walk, and stand in line if you want a seat.

I've seen both play a few times, and Middleton is nowhere near as athletic as Humboldt!

I agree with you JW..Humbolt is the most athletic team i have seen play all year..Middleton had alot of trouble with Martin Westview in that xmas turniment and if Martin would had kept feeding the ball to that bigman they have..Westview would had pulled the stunner..I think Middleton ended up winning by like 8 or 10 points..Not sure..And i do know that Union City beat Westview by like 40..So i Union City will bring their A Game and will be ready to play..I pick Union City by 12.......................

.........................................Union City 78..........Middletom 66 and Weddle will get 35 plus

I agree with you JW..Humbolt is the most athletic team i have seen play all year..Middleton had alot of trouble with Martin Westview in that xmas turniment and if Martin would had kept feeding the ball to that bigman they have..Westview would had pulled the stunner..I think Middleton ended up winning by like 8 or 10 points..Not sure..And i do know that Union City beat Westview by like 40..So i Union City will bring their A Game and will be ready to play..I pick Union City by 12.......................

.........................................Union City 78..........Middletom 66 and Weddle will get 35 plus

You must be out of your mind. UC by 12 thats crazy. Your going back to a tournament that did not matter. You can't go by who beat who by how much. Every team matches up different. Teams can have off nights. Weddle may get 35 but it most likely will be in a losing effort. He is a 1 man show.

Mrbigster,

I am looking for your prediction and why. You seem to know a good bit about UC. Who do you really think will win and why. You have seen what we have done to Middle College. MC is very talented. I really like their coach. He seems to have some class. I really do not think he is a good coach. He has to much talent not to do anything with it.

M-Town i know that Middleton is a great team with a great coach..But if you think Middleton will win this game by 15 or more your out of your mind!!..I think you failed to mention Shane Sisco and his dad Marty Sisco who has 3 gold balls of his own and is a legend..One of the best coaches ever in the state of Tennessee..And Middleton WILL NOT hold Weddle under his average..If you can remember Union City played Boliver without 3 of their starters earlier in the season and only lost by 7..And the game was tied with about a minute and a half to play until Boliver hit their Throws down the stretch to win..If you want my opinion i think Middleton's players and their great coach is trimbling at the knees and is verrrrryyyy worried about Union City and i think you are as well..If Weddle does get held under his average it will be because someone else stepped up and took some preasure off him or its a blow out and Sisco takes him out early..Either way Union City Will Beat Middleton because of their players have so much experience under preasure situations...If and only IF the refs call a fair game..Because if it gets lopsided like Lake CO. is talking we might have to beat 8 instead of 5..And i have heard from many people that the Refs were horrible over there so we will just have to see want we?

Yall can talk bad about Weddle and what he is or isn't going to do until your face turns blue..... but he doesn't have anything to prove! You'll be hard-pressed to stop him in a loser-go-home game! I've seen him play the last few years and 6 or 7 games this year, and he is certainly the most talented shooter I've ever seen. It doesn't matter how tight you guard him or how many hands you get in his face, he'll knock down his shots! Last year and the first of the year all he did was stand around and shoot (that's all he had to do). Since he's been being double-teamed the whole season, he's also become a great shot-maker! By saying this, I'll go ahead and warn you, it's not easy to hold him to his average.

Yall can talk bad about Weddle and what he is or isn't going to do until your face turns blue..... but he doesn't have anything to prove! You'll be hard-pressed to stop him in a loser-go-home game! I've seen him play the last few years and 6 or 7 games this year, and he is certainly the most talented shooter I've ever seen. It doesn't matter how tight you guard him or how many hands you get in his face, he'll knock down his shots! Last year and the first of the year all he did was stand around and shoot (that's all he had to do). Since he's been being double-teamed the whole season, he's also become a great shot-maker! By saying this, I'll go ahead and warn you, it's not easy to hold him to his average.

well he scored 45 and UC still lost, let him shoot all he wants middleton is way to athletic, that gym will be packed with middleton fans who will be in union city's ear all night long

Kemp and Chism are Bolivar Tigers, not MIDDLETON Tigers. We don't have to see them to see great athletes!! We have a few great ones, too. (Marq Murden and JaMichael McKinnie just to name a couple.) Our boys will show up not only to play, but to WIN!! By the way, we will go to see Bolivar play in Murfreesboro, but that will be in addition to our Middleton Tigers. We are from the same county and we will support each other, just like last year!

O.K. Mr Obvious.......You post like I don't know Kemp and Chism play for Bolivar or that Middleton and Bolivar are in the same county...Please......Give me a little credit for knowing a little bit about basketball in West Tennessee......

I was in Murfreesboro last year and saw the championship games and was very impressed with the teams from Hardeman County,but more importantly the crowd support for both programs....I have alot of respect for the programs and liked the way they played...Tough and hard nosed and refused to lose...I am not one of these posters that just make gargage up and make stupid, way out predictions...I'm sure what made you a little hot under the collar was the Bolivar statement,but get over it..If pressed I can trash talk with the very best of them.....

I know the Tigers have played some great teams out of the district....But just being quite honest Middelton's district does not compare with Union City's...The Tigers would not have had such a gaudy record in District 14A....If you or others are going to try to sell me on the strength of your district,save your breath...Me or noone else from teams in 14A are going to listen...We have seen tough teams..Most every night and especially the last two-three weeks....Union City didn't play the sisters of the poor during the pre-district schedule....

I have given props to Middleton all year...I think you guys are underrated,and have been all year....I appreciate your enthusiasm and support for your team,but don't make your program look any less than it is by talking junk.....If me or anyone else predicting Union City to win hurts your feelings,get over it...You are going to hear others predict UC to win also.....But you know what???...Whoever wins on Monday night,the sun will come up Tuesday morning and life will go on...In the big scheme of things,it is only a basketball game...

Good luck to the Tigers and Tornadoes,in what could have been a really great state championship game.....The power resides in the West and the state

champion will come from there.... :thumb:

Don't trash Weddle...You probably haven't seen him play,unless you saw him in Bolivar for the HOF games vs Bolivar and Haywood....He lit up Bolivar for 27 points on 9 3-pointers,when he was the ONLY option UC had due to players being out for the football playoffs and he lit up Haywood at Brownsville for what at the time was his career high 41 points......

I saw someone posted your guys heights..Union City will match up much better with Middleton than Humboldt...Humboldt has been the most athletic team Union City has faced all year other than Bolivar and Liberty....I thought they were more athletic than Haywood and much,much quicker....

Edited by backinthaoc

UC is a very good team with a very likely Class A Mr. Basketball on the roster.

I have close family there that are alumni w/ kids in school now.

Props to UC.

But, I believe Middleton will take this one if they come to play. Just my opinion, but it looks as though it's likely to end up that way this go around.

If Weddle doesn't win it something is very wrong...But I have seen stranger things happen.....

It will be very difficult to go into Middleton and win,but it can be done...Union City has played in some hostile gyms before,it won't be anything new...And the gym is not what is going to win the game.....The players and coaches will..Middleton has a great program with alot of tradition.....But so does Union City.....