Lake County vs. Madison Academic

Lake County travels to Jackson Saturday for their first sub-state appearance since 1994 I believe. I might be wrong, but I think that is right. I know it has been a long time! Madison beat Trinity by 20 or so points tonight at Middleton. They have a good outside shooter and a good post player from what I have heard. I don't know much about them though. I can't say who I think will win, but if our girls come out ready to play I think it should be a good game. Best of luck to the Lady Falcons! Does anyone know for sure where this will be played? I think they are trying to get it approved to be held at Parkview Middle School. I also heard Liberty and Jackson State.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lake County plays ball like in they did in the region tournament they will win. Greenfield played Madison twice last year and won both games with pretty much the same teams. One game was 20 points and the other was a close one at Madison. Madison is a good team but Lake County can beat them. Good luck and I hope to see the Lady Falcons and Lady Jackets in Murfreesboro.

Lake County 55

Madison 50

Go Lady Jackets

What does Madison have? I thought I heard someone say they have a couple big girls. If our girls play like they have been playing, it should be a good one. Our girls are pretty pumped up and ready to go. I hope they are ready! We have had it rough in sports this past week. First both Tennessee men and women lose and then our boys and girls lost two heart breakers and to top it all off, Tennessee men lose to Kentucky. It has been rough for Lake County fans who are also Tennessee fans, which most are! Only good has to come from this and if our girls win, it will make up for all of it! Good luck to your girls also. I don't think you will have much problem with Trinity. I think we beat them in camp this summer by 25 or 30. Who knows though? It's tournament time and I believe we proved that ANYTHING can happen come tourney time! Good luck to LC and Greenfield!

Lake County travels to Jackson Saturday for their first sub-state appearance since 1994 I believe. I might be wrong, but I think that is right. I know it has been a long time! Madison beat Trinity by 20 or so points tonight at Middleton. They have a good outside shooter and a good post player from what I have heard. I don't know much about them though. I can't say who I think will win, but if our girls come out ready to play I think it should be a good game. Best of luck to the Lady Falcons! Does anyone know for sure where this will be played? I think they are trying to get it approved to be held at Parkview Middle School. I also heard Liberty and Jackson State.

Last sub-state appearance for LC girls was 1997 at USJ. Lady Falcons lost in OT after blowing a substantial fourth-quarter lead for the second straight year. Came a freakin' huge thunderstorm that night that flooded Bogota, and we had to all drive from Jackson back to Lake County in it. And to top it all off.....I was sick as a dog, but somehow still got stuck keeping LC's book that night. I remember that night all too well.

A sub-state venue in Class A has to have capacity for at least 1,000. (Guess that doesn't apply to Middleton, but I digress...) I doubt a middle school gym would fit the bill, but I'm sure Liberty would work fine.

Last sub-state appearance for LC girls was 1997 at USJ. Lady Falcons lost in OT after blowing a substantial fourth-quarter lead for the second straight year. Came a freakin' huge thunderstorm that night that flooded Bogota, and we had to all drive from Jackson back to Lake County in it. And to top it all off.....I was sick as a dog, but somehow still got stuck keeping LC's book that night. I remember that night all too well.

A sub-state venue in Class A has to have capacity for at least 1,000. (Guess that doesn't apply to Middleton, but I digress...) I doubt a middle school gym would fit the bill, but I'm sure Liberty would work fine.

Yeah that is right Wes. I was a that game and remember quite well. It has been since 1994 that Lake County girls upset 31-0 Gleason right? 1994 keeps coming up somewhere. I think that is when LC beat Gleason in region and went on to second round of state where Oneida beat us. I think that is right. Wes, correct me if I am wrong. That sounds right though. I don't know for sure where the game will be held. We will know for sure tomorrow.

Yeah that is right Wes. I was a that game and remember quite well. It has been since 1994 that Lake County girls upset 31-0 Gleason right? 1994 keeps coming up somewhere. I think that is when LC beat Gleason in region and went on to second round of state where Oneida beat us. I think that is right. Wes, correct me if I am wrong. That sounds right though. I don't know for sure where the game will be held. We will know for sure tomorrow.

That's pretty close. 1994 was when we beat Gleason at the last second in the region finals and we stormed the court at Trenton. We then beat Adamsville at home in sub-state and went to state, beating Moore County and then losing to Oneida (and Lady Vol signee Brynae Laxton). Gleason also advanced to state that year, but they lost to Wayne Co. (I think) in the quarterfinals.

In '96 we beat 31-0 Gleason in regional semis, lost to Bradford in regional finals, then lost to USJ in sub-state. In '97, we won the district, beating Bradford on our home floor; as a result, Gleason had to play Bradford in regional semis and lost, we lost to Bradford in regional finals and then lost to USJ again in sub-state. We probably should have won both of those games against USJ. Bradford won it all both years.

If you play Madison, you better have a good bench. They will run players in and out. They also have more than just 2 good players. But DEFENSE wins championships. Ask Crickett at TCA. Avg. 24 pts a game. Last night 8 pts.