Oliver Springs or Unaka

BBALLTN

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea we bring out the best in most of you from up that way and we really enjoy it, by the way tell all the fans to wear light clothes cause it will be about 98 degrees in the hot box and the fans our right on top of the floor, and bring a ham sandwich know where to eat and no motels to stay in so when its over you can hurry and return to Elizabethton...GO LADY BOBCATS... :thumb: LOL

Really would be surprised if the atmosphere would hurt Unaka. They also play in a gym that is usually packed and has plenty of noise. Sure they might not have the majority of people yelling for them but noise is noise. The thing that will seperate OS from Unaka is talent and experience. District 1 and 2 are not overly loaded with good teams, especially District 2 as evident from District 1's number 4 team beating District 2's number 1 team by double digits. Unaka did not beat Cloudland as was earlier posted. They did beat Hampton once in the regular season and in the District tournament. Not to put Unaka down but this is not one of the better teams they have had. It has a chance to be much better as the youth on the team improves. Really can't see either Region 1 team advancing. Unaka has done well to get to the sub state but again they weren't really challenged until the Regional final. Hope they play well and make the game interesting but just can't see them beating OS. As many times it has been posted, strange things happen, but don't think the odd makers would be much in favor of a Unaka win.

screen, Whereas I agree that Unaka will have more than their hands full, I think that Hampton, who defeated Greenback by 25 earlier this season, has an Excellent chance of advancing.

My bad on stating Cloudland lost to Unaka. I still stand by my comment that Unaka, Cloudland, & Hampton combined didn't play the schedue Oliver Springs did during the regular season.

Did any of those teams play

Livingston Academy twice?

Clarkrange once?

Oak Ridge once?

Franklin County once?

Coalfield three times?

Oneida three times?

Knox Webb once?

Did any of the above teams play in the Mid South Tourney? My point is, typically teams that schedule powers certainly have an advantage during the tournies.

Also, I was talking more from a Class A stand point than AA. Almost every year the Single A representitives from East Tennessee comes from the Knoxville area for the Single A tourney.

Wow, we all four posted independently at exactly the same time. The OZ folks have a way of bringing that out in us "Hillbillies".

coachh17, screenandroll, krichunaka, and CycloneFan (dem der is my cuzins),

Do you reckon that if der is no plaz to ate or sleep that we can pik up some roadkill an pitch a tent.

Kazam, My expectations of the Lady Rangers is very high. I just don't boast about what could happen. I know they can and I am very confident but to get on here like you all and seal the deal well thats not me. Thank You for being the good host and wishing us a safe trip. Hope its a good game either way.

I think YGR and FootFan1 both got "racked"! :lol: I'm thinking after they suffered this fate, a few screws were lost and they have somehow gotten lost on Coacht. Don't worry folks, they probably don't have the physical ability to "rack" anyone, so for the time being we should all be safe. However, if anyone shows up at a gym near you sporting a nice set of antlers, BEWARE. These just might be your guys! They will probably be wearing clothes off the rack and racketball shoes? Still racking my brain to determine if Unaka can win in the Bobcat Den, if they did it sure would create quite a racket! :P

Kaz Rack