OC Lady Rebel Year

GHvolrebel

I want to congratulate the Lady Rebels of Obion Central for their season. Even though they fell one game short of the state tournament, they played with heart and soul. Their hustle was outstanding. They gave their fans a big picture of what tournment play should be like, even though it was district through sub-state level. Fan support at D'burg, Ripley, and at Hillcrest was great. With a season like we have seen, this has to be one of the toughtest districts and regions in the state. The two seniors will be missed greatly, but the team will only have to "reload", and not "rebuild". Knowing them, they will simply work harder to get to the "boro" next year. With the team that is coming back, that should be a very strong possibility. Even though the outcome is difficult to swallow, they truly played with nothing left on the floor to be ashamed about. I would not be surprised at all to see Jackson Northside winning in the finals over Hillcrest having seen OC play both teams in the tournaments. For those of us in the northWest, we got to see state tournament play without traveling to Murphy Center. No apology from here. :thumb:

I want to congratulate the Lady Rebels of Obion Central for their season. Even though they fell one game short of the state tournament, they played with heart and soul. Their hustle was outstanding. They gave their fans a big picture of what tournment play should be like, even though it was district through sub-state level. Fan support at D'burg, Ripley, and at Hillcrest was great. With a season like we have seen, this has to be one of the toughtest districts and regions in the state. The two seniors will be missed greatly, but the team will only have to "reload", and not "rebuild". Knowing them, they will simply work harder to get to the "boro" next year. With the team that is coming back, that should be a very strong possibility. Even though the outcome is difficult to swallow, they truly played with nothing left on the floor to be ashamed about. I would not be surprised at all to see Jackson Northside winning in the finals over Hillcrest having seen OC play both teams in the tournaments. For those of us in the northWest, we got to see state tournament play without traveling to Murphy Center. No apology from here. :thumb:

Great post....and GREAT job Lady Rebels, Thanks for the memories.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

Congrats to Obion Central's Lady Rebels on an outstanding season. Some didn't think these ladies would get past the district 1st round and they were just a few minutes away from another state tournament. A great post-season run from Obion Central that had the Lady Rebels defeating the likes of Dyersburg, Milan and playing three of the toughest 2A teams in the state last week in Westview, Jackson Northside and Memphis Hillcrest :D

You ladies showed a lot of heart in these games and left everything on the floor.

Abby @ Jennifer, you ladies had outstanding careers wearing the Lady Rebel uniform and your leadership qualities will definately be missed :(

Best of luck to both of you at the next level as I know you'l do great :D

Lady Rebs of 2006-07, 13AA will again be competitive next season as everyone should be better. Continue to work hard, believe in each other and continue the Lady Rebel basketball tradition in the new facility at the Palace in Troy next season

Congrats again 06' Lady Rebels from Redbirdfan(yall probably don't know me :thumb:

and best of luck next year..

No doubt treefitty, the Opportunity is definately there for these Ladies to do some great things in the next few years. Maybe one of the more talented FR. classes coming in as well.. Prince Edward's biggest problem will be trying to find enough playing time for all the talent coming back. (that's a problem most coaches would love to have though)

The Palace in Troy should be rockin' next season !! :thumb:

No doubt treefitty, the Opportunity is definately there for these Ladies to do some great things in the next few years. Maybe one of the more talented FR. classes coming in as well.. Prince Edward's biggest problem will be trying to find enough playing time for all the talent coming back. (that's a problem most coaches would love to have though)

The Palace in Troy should be rockin' next season !! :(

Has a date been set for the wrecking ball yet???? I would love to attend that ceremony!!! :(

I am predicting a Mem Hillcrest vs. Jax NS/Austin East winner final....

Has a date been set for the wrecking ball yet???? I would love to attend that ceremony!!! :P

Some wanted it done a couple of weeks ago, but someone reminded them that basketball season was still going on :o

WesCHarge's home away from home will soon be ashes and rubble!! :(

The Palace in TROY will be electrifying! B)