Weekly Carter Co. --- Top 5 (Final)

osubrutus

Lost in a world of Baseball, Childcare & Domestic Chores, I have returned for one final poll.

1. Hampton - Congrats on the last to first place finish. Good Luck in the State!!

2. Unaka - Another bottom to top finisher. Sub-state losers. Played their best game. Congrats to MJ for finally playing like she was capable.

3. Cloudland - Didn't quite meet expectations a great season none the less. Ranked ahead of Betsy for losing to a State participant.

4. Elizabethton - Great season dampened by not making the Sub-State. Don't know if they could have handled A-E's pressure anyway.

5. Happy Valley - Met expectations by reaching the Regionals. Not bad considering up & down guard play.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brutus... I was just wondering how you put Unaka and Hampton ahead of Elizabethton, Cloudland maybe. Is single A equal to double A in stainght ? I don't think that if Unaka played Elizabethton that they would win, it is possible but not I don't believe so. Hampton did lose to Eliz this year and Cloudland won for the first time in a while. Not that any of this really matters anyways the five teams come from two conferances and wont see each other much if at all. If they do it wont mean a thing come March next year.

On another note did anyone here about the region I AA all tournament team?

Carter County Top 5 !!! Where exactly is Unicoi County located in Carter County!?

Sub-states for both Hampton & Unaka. Hampton a state tournament bid.

I guess that it is just hard for me to say that Unaka and Hampton are better teams that Elizabethton and Happy Valley when they are not in the same conference. Yes they went deeper in to their post season, in there own right they are good teams. I will be pulling for Hampton all the way I like Coach Oliver and he has a good group of kids. They should be tough next year, the players and coaching staff will have this year to build on. I guess this will all give us something to talk about during the off season.