AA preseason rankings

l-tizzle8004

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USJ...

Moving up to 2A will have no effect on the winning tradition of USJ baseball.

The Bruins have been playing 2A teams for many years and winning.

I watched all the championship games last year, IMO they could

have beat Lipscomb and won the 2-A championship. They will

lose some games this year but it's the last game

they play that matters most....

USJ...

I don't know enough about Lipscomb to respond there. I agree that USJ will be in the hunt this year in 2A. I do think it will be more difficult for them to get to the state in 2A. The playoffs before the state will be much more difficult than in years past. If they get there, winning it shouldn't be any tougher though!

USJ...

They could have beat Lipscomb (IYO)? Really! How soon we forget. Lipscomb totally dominated the state tournament out scoring their opponents 47 to 6. This year's team looks to be even better. Moving up to 2A in the state tournament for USJ will be a shock.

They could have beat Lipscomb (IYO)? Really! How soon we forget. Lipscomb totally dominated the state tournament out scoring their opponents 47 to 6. This year's team looks to be even better. Moving up to 2A in the state tournament for USJ will be a shock.

Lipscomb is a very good ball club, but the 47 to 6 speaks more to the competition than anyting else. At any level, that kind of discrepancy is glaring. Lipscomb is a solid program year after year. They will be in the hunt again this year. However, if they can walk through any STATE tournament at that pace, it shouldn't be the shock you mentioned at all! No reason to misrepresent the difference in A and AA baseball. We've all seen both.

Lipscomb is a very good ball club, but the 47 to 6 speaks more to the competition than anyting else. At any level, that kind of discrepancy is glaring. Lipscomb is a solid program year after year. They will be in the hunt again this year. However, if they can walk through any STATE tournament at that pace, it shouldn't be the shock you mentioned at all! No reason to misrepresent the difference in A and AA baseball. We've all seen both.

The shock I wrote about refered to USJ move to AA. Not Lipscomb walking thru the state tournament. I know USJ has a great program and I wish them the best this year, but I do not expect to see them in Murfreesboro this year. Only time will tell.

The shock I wrote about refered to USJ move to AA. Not Lipscomb walking thru the state tournament. I know USJ has a great program and I wish them the best this year, but I do not expect to see them in Murfreesboro this year. Only time will tell.

[/quot

I know exactly what you were saying. I was talking about the same shock you were. I said if the tournament is such that Lipscomb can walk through it like you described, then it will not shock anyone to play in it! It's not like Lipscomb is in a league of their own. As I said, they are quality ball club. Leave it at that. As far as I know the mound is still 60 feet 6 inches from the plate in all classifications.

2-A ball is not new to USJ, they have been playing 2-A teams for years.

Last year they played 20 :o games on their schedule that were either 2-A, 3-A

or Div II. The Bruins will continue to compete.

USJ and Goodpasture ( to name a few) moving up

will only make 2-A ball stronger. :thumb:

Edited by Gilligan2

Lipscomb went on hot streak at the end of the year and against who? Garbage teams in one of the weakest state tournaments in years. Don't look at Lipscomb, look at the teams around them. CPA stinks the big one but they beat Lipscomb twice last year and now they are in the same district. But I expect Ezell-Harding to be the team to beat out of Lipscombs district. Especially, with Huff, Trumphour, and Bobo combination. Not to mention a second year coach who has turned their hitting prgram around drastically. There will be good games so hold on tight...

please be quiet until ezell makes it to state. haha, that is funny. ezell harding, i sure hope you are joking. let me list the pitchers, where to start, hmmm. ok. taylor merry ( lipscomb signee) josh holt (86-87mph), zach green ( if healthy could be the ace), chris baumgartner (4 year starter) Daniel lyons, and zach rogers. now i sure hope huff can play all the posistions for ezell because that is all they have. o yes and jason hull to bat clean up for lipscomb. enjoy ezell