bolivar

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Stealth...that was Lipscomb basketball. Rarely do they have the athletes, but ALWAYS have execution. You can say that the game was at Lipscomb all you want, but that was not their gym....the good old TSSAA negated the whole reason these teams scramble for the region championship.....However...great game Bolivar, great team, awesome fans and fan support, great town. That is what Tennessee high school basketball is all about. You have the DL family pulling for you in the 'boro.

I was at the game and i was not impressed. This Bolivar team looks nothing like a 2 time defending champion. The best player on the floor tonight was #2 Slater for Lipscomb. He is one of the smartest and hardest playing players i have ever seen. To me, it looked as if Bolivar overlooked them though. Either that or they are really lazy. Chism just stands around on defense most of the time. David Lipscomb is a much better coached team. I even heard a Bolivar man call their coach stupid. Bolivar just overpowered Lipscomb on the boards the whole game and came out on top. This was a very fair called game with Lipscombs heart and great shooting keeping them in the game. Lipscomb will be back next year b/c juniors played the whole game. Congrats to Bolivar and Good luck in the boro. I don't see the 3 peat happening though.

where are u going with this...

The game would have been unbelievable had it been in the DL high school gym. The college arena is nice but you don't get the atmosphere that earning the home court should give you. I am really proud of the great turnout by both teams. The DL students section did a wonderful job and made a lot of noise. We are so proud of the Mustangs! This was a great season. So much fun to watch. It was a shame to see Rob, a senior, go down with an ankle injury a few games ago. He came in tonight and hit a big 3 but he is struggling. Slater got smacked in the face and played the rest of the game with gauze in his nose to stop the bleeding. You can't teach size, so the guys had to work hard to make up for it. This was an awesome game and I don't think Bolivar had any idea it would be so tough. This will get them ready to go and play tough in the state.

Thanks to the Mustangs for a wonderful year. Thank you to our seniors: Trent, Rob, and Nsilo!

A few things.

1. DL played a great game , as did Bolivar.

2. DL's defense really shut down Bolivar. Say all you want, but I didn't except Bolivar to go into stall mode with 4 1/2 minutes to go in the 4th. It was smart, but wasn't excepting them. I guess they figured out that they couldn't do much against DL's defense. (Chism did have his fair share of points in the paint though, but not as much as I thought he'd have).

3. The reason I am convinced that Bolivar really stayed in this game was their hard pressure defense that got the the Mustangs at the end. DL kind of got away from the "slow down" game towards the end, and Bolivar took back the lead and kept it within 1 or 2 until there was less than a minute to go and DL had to foul.

4. The refs didn't call much and let the guys play physical. Which helped both teams a lot, but ended up helping Bolivar in the end. Josh Slater had to go out of the game at least twice that I saw because he was bleeding (nose and elbow).

5. DL exceeded most expectations from CoachT posters.

Great game.

Great season.

GO MUSTANGS