Jackson -Central Merry Basketball

westtennbob

I have to take my hat off to JCM. They had an awesome season when many people never gave them much of a chance to win many games this year, but yet they came out night after night proving people wrong and playing excellent basketball. This is a JCM team made up of 1 6'4 player and one guy 6'3. and they battled against many people. sometimes giving up 5 or 6 inches. then they go to Memphis Hamilton. The #6 team in the NATION and cut the lead down to just eight point with a little less than 2 minutes to go. This team had a lot of heart. Thanks for the great season. and good luck to all the seniors as they continue their careers in whatever they do.

Dee Toles

Mario Stewart

Ricky Borner

Jae Hill

Jonathon Tyus

Jay Perkins

Volunteer[/url'>General' post='825977433' date='Mar 6 2006 - 11:27 PM']

To lose by 12 points to the #6 ranked team in the country on their own home court is nothing to be ashamed of. It`s clear that JCM came to play. Awesome season for the Cougars!!! We are proud of you. :thumb:

I was at the game. Hamilton was never threaten. I was falling asleep, but the dunks kept waking me up! JCM was just undersized. They did show heart and played a good game.

yea congrats to the cougars on a good season...i don't recall jcm having a record this good since i was a sophmore on the team back in 93-94...congrats to coach starks also...who did a good job,,,with the team but memphis had a little too much for them.....great season

I just want to add my congratulations to Coach Starks and the JCM team for a fine season. The young men on the team are very fortunate to be playing for Coach Starks. He is a gentleman and shows the highest degree of professionalism and sportsmanship. If the football team will share some of their athletes with him...he might be able to really turn things around in Jackson.