Union City VS Cloudland

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Cloudland's record may not stand out this team couldn't be clicking any better than at the right time.You are looking at a team who was picked in some poles to finish 4th in there conference.This is a team who has no superstar all of there players are on the same page and recognize that in order for them to win all 9 of there players have to play together thats what makes them tough. This team also loves playing the slow game of basketball they will settle for a score of 10 points on the scoreboard as long they get the win and in order for them to do that they will slow you down and hold the ball as long as possible till they get the perfect shot.Even though they are not that big they get alot of production out of there bench and they do play physical on the boards and throughout the whole game and that is what you have to respect out of this team.

Remarkable job of how Cloudland has overcome the odds this season and has turned what thought to be a losing season around to a first round state tournament bid.

I guess that should show teams and players around here that heart and determination will get you as far as you let it take you !

Edited by JIMA6578

it is ironic that cloudland is in this bracket. however, u win the games taht count, u get tehre. i do feel that there are many other teams that came from a district where only one or two could go but others were better than teh teams that are still playing(Lake County for example) i know very little of cloudland, i hear they are small and that's probably y. good luck to both teams

I would really like to see Cloudland pull the ultimate upset but that may be asking a little much. They will have to play the best game of their young lives. UC can play, Mr. Basketball candidate M. Weddle had a really bad night against Middleton (defending Class A Champs). He only scored 7 points and UC was still able to pull out a miraculous 1 point win at the buzzer. He is very capable of scoring 30-40 points on a good night. You have to limit what the other 4 get.

Don't blink Cloudland, you will find yourselves playing catch up real quick. I'll be pulling for you, go get (HIM) them.

Even though Cloudland's record may not stand out this team couldn't be clicking any better than at the right time.You are looking at a team who was picked in some poles to finish 4th in there conference.This is a team who has no superstar all of there players are on the same page and recognize that in order for them to win all 9 of there players have to play together thats what makes them tough. This team also loves playing the slow game of basketball they will settle for a score of 10 points on the scoreboard as long they get the win and in order for them to do that they will slow you down and hold the ball as long as possible till they get the perfect shot.Even though they are not that big they get alot of production out of there bench and they do play physical on the boards and throughout the whole game and that is what you have to respect out of this team.

Remarkable job of how Cloudland has overcome the odds this season and has turned what thought to be a losing season around to a first round state tournament bid.

I guess that should show teams and players around here that heart and determination will get you as far as you let it take you !

You said that in some poles Cloudland was picked to finish 4th in conference. Well, they actually did finish 4th in the conference. It was 1) UH and Unaka in a tie, 3) Hampton, 4) Cloudland. It is pretty astonishing that they were the #4 seed IN THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENT and have not lost a game in postseason yet.

Edited by Lord Vader

O.K. Red...I'm sorry...You are probably right....He or she may be in kindergarten so I'll be glad to make it up to him or her and buy them a sucker at the State tournament..Good luck to both U.C. and Humboldt though..but I'm hoping Humboldt goes all the way!

u dont have to buy me a sucker, but you count on me following my team all the way to State. I guess i'm not as experienced as you on the message board, but I'm smart enough to only talk trash when the team I encourage is winnning aka football and basketball. why dont u go talk on some Lake county boards, wait they dont have any up right now because they r done for the year. your the only one still talking about them. dont worry I'll be gone after this year to college, a place where you wouldnt know anything about. good luck on upcoming seasons.

Edited by HolderOfAllKnowledge

so cloudland hasnt played anyone? does anyone happen to have scores of games played handy? where is cloudland? from the talk being thrown out there, it seems UC is picked to win this one...is it a fluke cloudland is in this tourney?

You can look at Cloudland's schedule on here and see they are 15-18 for the season winning the last 7 games they've played - they seem to have peaked at the right time. They have found ways to win as of late and I'm sure hope to continue on the winning way. Just remember anybody can be beat on any given day - If Weddle had a bad night once it can happen again. Just let the first round be played before you predict the winner.