Bolivar @ Lipscomb

wareagle23

This is the first game that I thought the 1.8 multiplier has kept a private school out of state competition. Clearly David Lipscomb would be at Murfreesboro next week under the old setup as there are NO teams in class A that are the caliber of Bolivar.

Lipscomb was in 8-AA the previous 4 years and made it to the AA semi finals of the state last year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Lipscomb was in 8-AA the previous 4 years and made it to the AA semi finals of the state last year.

You're absolutely right Coach. They lost to Raleigh Egypt in the semifinals last year and MLK (from that same district) lost to Bolivar in the same round.

What are you going by it cant be in the score box slater 15 kemp 14 wow who led whose team to victory kemp can control a game without scoring thats what great point guards do

...Rattled.

Congratulations and good luck to Bolivar, and congratulations on a great season to DL.

Kemp looked like the second best point guard on the floor tonight in Nashville. I believe Slater took the number one spot tonight.

im definately gonna have to disagree with this because i think the point guard that leads his team to a victory is always the better one. josh slater had his share of turnovers and couldnt hit the shots when it counted. and at the end of the game he just wouldnt give up the ball when he really needed to. kemp was smart enough to know that he wasnt shooting his best last night so he gave the ball up so his team won because of it. also kemp played defense 10x better than slater last night so there is no way u can say slater outplayed him. but i guess most people dont care about defense anymore

i'm gonna have to say that after watching the game last night mlk couldve easily beaten either team

im definately gonna have to disagree with this because i think the point guard that leads his team to a victory is always the better one. josh slater had his share of turnovers and couldnt hit the shots when it counted. and at the end of the game he just wouldnt give up the ball when he really needed to. kemp was smart enough to know that he wasnt shooting his best last night so he gave the ball up so his team won because of it. also kemp played defense 10x better than slater last night so there is no way u can say slater outplayed him. but i guess most people dont care about defense anymore

i'm gonna have to say that after watching the game last night mlk couldve easily beaten either team

i would like to see the total assists and rebounds other than points from the game. kemp never got his shot going, wonder why. kemp did play well, and got some steals from playing defense on lipscomb's 2G. the main reason i attended the game was to see a matchup of point guards guarding one another, which didn't happen, atleast on the bolivar end. kemp did get one steal off of slater on a double team near the end of the half, but kemp only played slater on a couple of possesions. either way, both are great players, one going off to memphis, the other has a summer of ball and his senior year to improve his stock, which in my opinion seems to be rising.

I was surprised that this game stayed close. Great game by Dl. I think it stayed close because Bolivars shots didnt fall for them the entire game. Bolivar tends to score in streaks and feed off the crowd a lot and its hard to do that when shots dont fall. Here lately they seem to play just as good as who theyre playing and not pushing on to end the game earlier. They know Mitchell will play with them so i expect them to be ready and win with a good over all effort.

MLK did not earn the right to play in the game. Lipscomb took 2 of 3 from them this year and they were where they deserved to be. Watching

I would agree with earlier posts that the Slater kid looked better in this one game than Kemp did. If you look at the underlying skills you understand why Kemp has signed with #3 Memphis and the Slater kid will sign with a mid-major program after next year (he is a young junior, just 16).

I watched Kemp all thru warmups and he shot great. In the game, he never really got many shots. Probably because we couldn't guard Chish at all and he didn't have to try. Only remember him taking three shots in the half-court offense and he got fouled on two of them (converting all four free throws). He did make five steals guarding the two guard which he converted to layups. Total offense of 14 points. I was disappointed to see that he did not guard Slater on defense.

Josh Slater makes the entire Lipscomb offense go. If he can't penetrate, we do not get many open jump shots. He did this fairly effectively. He shot good but not like he can. Number 23's defense had some to do with that. He did lose one three that he hit because of a foul underneath as the shot went off and uncharacteristically missed four or so free throws. Total offense 15 points. He also had to leave the game twice because of blood. Slater did guard Kemp most of the time he was in the game.

I would agree with earlier posts that the Slater kid looked better in this one game than Kemp did. If you look at the underlying skills you understand why Kemp has signed with #3 Memphis and the Slater kid will sign with a mid-major program after next year (he is a young junior, just 16).

I watched Kemp all thru warmups and he shot great. In the game, he never really got many shots. Probably because we couldn't guard Chish at all and he didn't have to try. Only remember him taking three shots in the half-court offense and he got fouled on two of them (converting all four free throws). He did make five steals guarding the two guard which he converted to layups. Total offense of 14 points. I was disappointed to see that he did not guard Slater on defense.

Josh Slater makes the entire Lipscomb offense go. If he can't penetrate, we do not get many open jump shots. He did this fairly effectively. He shot good but not like he can. Number 23's defense had some to do with that. He did lose one three that he hit because of a foul underneath as the shot went off and uncharacteristically missed four or so free throws. Total offense 15 points. He also had to leave the game twice because of blood. Slater did guard Kemp most of the time he was in the game.

I'm not knocking Slater at all, but Willie just can't have a fantastic game every outing. There is no player at any level of play that has a A+ game everytime.

He might not have had his best game...but he did lead the Tigers to victory in a game that was looking pretty iffy until the 4th.

And Wayne finished it with those very important free throws (in the 4th). Without those at that time...who knows?