Bolivar and Mitchell

wareagle23

After seeing the last match up between these 2 great teams, I would have to say Bolivar. My reasons speak for themselves.

1. Wayne Chism was leading the first half with points and rebounds until his injury

2. second half 6'2 kemp guards young and mtchell only beats bolivar by 1 without the big man in there

3. And I believe Brandon Powell is overrated.

Powell's pretty good. He and Jones (injured) lit us up in the first quarter back in Nashville. They cooled off somewhat after that. But Powell is good. His shooting could hurt our zone and open things up for T Young. One of the keys for Bolivar is to get off to a good start. The last two years when we played R. Egypt we got a lead and held on. Mitchell is not the type of team you can come back on. If we get off to a good start, then it will be a good game. If we come out sluggish, see Brentwood Academy.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bolivar fans yes it's true big wayne was having a wonderful aggressive game the last time they met...and i hope he bring it wednesday because thornton is playing his best ball of the year....also if you look at the last game willie only guarded that when thad was in foul trouble....and he was flopping on every bump to try to get him fouled out...if u think willie kemp can guard thad u are out of your mind...willie will be an excellent college guard but thad has superstar written all over him...

I think bolivar wins by a small margin. I dont know much about mitchell but I seen bolivar play sycamore and it seemed almost as if they toyed with them and sycamore was, on some peoples, list a state contender. Bolivar plays to their competion. Good luck to Bolivar. prove our region is best!

I think bolivar wins by a small margin. I dont know much about mitchell but I seen bolivar play sycamore and it seemed almost as if they toyed with them and sycamore was, on some peoples, list a state contender. Bolivar plays to their competion. Good luck to Bolivar. prove our region is best!

thaddeus young will dominate

if Willie Kemp comes out against Mitchell like he came out against Sycamore, Bolivar to win by 10 or more

bolivar fans yes it's true big wayne was having a wonderful aggressive game the last time they met...and i hope he bring it wednesday because thornton is playing his best ball of the year....also if you look at the last game willie only guarded that when thad was in foul trouble....and he was flopping on every bump to try to get him fouled out...if u think willie kemp can guard thad u are out of your mind...willie will be an excellent college guard but thad has superstar written all over him...

I know you guys are sick of this...I prob would be too...but indulge me this:

The game is on the line, and will likely be a tight game. But both Wayne and Willie thrive under these pressure games and to say Willie Kemp can't guard anyone is...well I won't call it anything out of respect, but you know what I think. Many other people have said the same in the past.

I realize we are talking about a great player in Thad. So I'm not knocking him or expecting nothing but his best. But Wayne's injury in that last game changed the whole dynamic of Bolivar's play. But Mitchell won...and no crying here. At least we get to see two hopefully healthy, great teams have at it Wednesday!

I don't know much about Thornton, but I know I like it when people doubt Wayne's ability in the big games--now that's an underdog! And a lot of people have really doubted him (and some dissed him) this season. But most of them are at home now.

Bolivar EXPECTS Mitchell to bring it, so they will play up to it. Now that thinking HAS scared me this year. It's not always been pretty, I agree. But they usually get it done.

Mitchell is a good team, and its going to be a good game. Bolivar can not win with just Kemp and Chism. Madden, Rhodes, along with others need to step up and give good minutes. I dont think Bolivar will play their best game of the year, but they will win by a few shots. BUT if bolivar has a game where everything i clicking and everyone gives great minutes..it could be scarry :D