Bolivar and Mitchell

wareagle23

bolivar fans yes it's true big wayne was having a wonderful aggressive game the last time they met...and i hope he bring it wednesday because thornton is playing his best ball of the year....also if you look at the last game willie only guarded that when thad was in foul trouble....and he was flopping on every bump to try to get him fouled out...if u think willie kemp can guard thad u are out of your mind...willie will be an excellent college guard but thad has superstar written all over him...

I agree, Andre Thorton is going to be the deciding factor. Young will get his. Powell is a very good shooter. The problem with ANY team that relies on outside shooting too much; i have been at every game for the last 2 years at state and one thing is always true espically for the first game, nobody shoots well in the Murphy Center. The arena type being different from a regular gym throws off most of the shooters. I know Bolivar and Mitchell have played in arenas of this type and might be used to it but still, i don't expect either team to shoot well from outside.

Mitchell by at least 5 it's gonna be one heck of a game with 5 DI signees on the floor.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell is a good team, and its going to be a good game. Bolivar can not win with just Kemp and Chism. Madden, Rhodes, along with others need to step up and give good minutes. I dont think Bolivar will play their best game of the year, but they will win by a few shots. BUT if bolivar has a game where everything i clicking and everyone gives great minutes..it could be scarry :)

Judging by past history, I believe they'll all step up for no other reason than the championship is on the line. They get up for the big games (again-dangerous way to play) and any one of these games could be these Seniors final shot in a Bolivar uniform...so I believe they'll leave it all on the floor and pull out all the stops. That is not to say Mitchell won't. I'm looking forward to it for sure!!!

Just I know BCHS is capable of it if they bring it.

Guest catfish-hunter

POWELL THORNTON YOUNG KEMP CHISM. That would be my all-star team. Oh and they are playing each other. I have to go with Memphis in this 3 vs. 2 match-up. Ill be rooting for bolivar though. :thumb:

POWELL THORNTON AND YOUNG

Remember the key word in what I am about to post and what you'll soon read:

Bolivar wins this game because of the fact that they've been here before and they know what it's like to win the close games in the 'Boro. Mitchell finally got beyond the substate by beating Fayette Ware by 50. That does not help them in this kind of environment. If Mitchell beats anyone in the 'Boro it won't be by 50, especially in this opening round matchup. If any of you want to know why Bolivar wins this game then please pop in a copy of the film from their games the past two years in Murfreesboro against both Raleigh Egypt & MLK.

EXPERIENCE!!!!! It means plenty when it comes to winning the close games in this type of atmosphere. Bolivar has done it and Mitchell is unproven (despite the fact that they beat Bolivar during the regular season the champs were still playing without Chism in the crunch time).

I know a particular team will have to bring their "A" Game.

If not.

mitchell 83

Bolivar 76

They'll (BCHS) bring it and they'll win.

Experience, an A game and a total team effort who don't want to lose in the 1st round means a win against a fine Mitchell team.

I think this bunch will get incentive due to the fact they don't want to play their final game as a Bolivar team. :D I hate to predict like that-especially in tourney-but that's my guess anyway.