Information on Humboldt

triathlete

What does Humboldt bring to the table?

I watched Humbolt earlier in the year in a loss at UC and watched them beat UC for the region championship. They seemed to be have improved alot and are at the top of their game. Starters have good size and some size off the bench, great athleticism, all around solid.

Well me being a Union city fan will be very honest with you Cosby people..They can flat out play some ball and like i said all year long..Their the most athletic team i saw play all year and it don't matter to them if your record is 50 and 0 or 1 and 50..They will play to win,and believe me their not intimidated by your 34 and 1 record..I say Humboldt will win this game 78-68..No problem..Lets keep it in west Vikes.

Well me being a Union city fan will be very honest with you Cosby people..They can flat out play some ball and like i said all year long..Their the most athletic team i saw play all year and it don't matter to them if your record is 50 and 0 or 1 and 50..They will play to win,and believe me their not intimidated by your 34 and 1 record..I say Humboldt will win this game 78-68..No problem..Lets keep it in west Vikes.

OK has anyone said anything about our record intimidating people. NO WE DONT BRAG ABOUT OUR RECORD. EVERYONE ELSE KEEPS MENTIONING IT SO IT MUST MATTER TO Y"ALL. No one from humbolt has even been interested in the cosby team except for the record and the "overratedness" Well we are there and so are you guys so both teams are doing something right. THIS IS WHY I DONY UNDERSTAND WHY COSBY GETS THE BAD REP, WE HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD BEHAVIOR WISE THIS YEAR. ITS EVERYONE ELSE TRASHING US.

also being a union city fan, i agree that humboldt is a great team. jsut as stated above, they are tall, fast, agressive, and talented. they give UC a run for their money every matchup. UC slacked at humboldt and at trenton and let humboldt come back and take the win at teh end of the 4th. from waht ive seen at these games alone, humboldt is ready to play. teh only thing cosby can hope for is that they can draw some fouls. good luck to both teams, i would like for UC to have another chance at humboldt, but if a team beats humboldt taht is not as good as humboldt by chance, im all fot hat too(make it easier for UC to bring home the gold ball)

expect great things from humboldt and from union city if u make it far enough to play them

Humboldt is a team that LIKES to run up and down the floor...but they can play either game...Middle College gave them some problems slowing the game down but Humboldt still managed to win by 9...and I promise you Middle College is better than some of the teams in the tourney now...One thing that is to our advantage when you make Humboldt play in the half-court is rebounding...against Middle College, who started guys at 6'7, 6'4, a couple of 6'2 guys, and abt a 5'11 point guard that could jump, we had 53 total rebounds...one guy with 16 rebounds, and another with 14...26 of our 53 rebounds were offensive...against a team as athletic and tall as Middle College, Humboldt was STILL able to pull those numbers off...So, I figure any game Humboldt plays in, the rebounding battle is going to be lopsided, as it almost always is...but, if you get hot from the field...then there's nothing to rebound (Ex. Lake Co beating us by 20 in Humboldt)...So, if Cosby plans on winning this game...they better shoot a high percentage because the boards are property of Humboldt Basketball...and if Humboldt gets hot from the field...well...better luck next year

Like red said...if humboldt (toylon smith) is hitting their shots from the outside...it is over. They came our against union city one game and shot what seemed like 98%. They couldnt miss.

I think about the only things you can do are (1) pray they don't hit their shots...(2) try to get rose, epperson, and anyone else you can, to foul out. In the regional championship against Union City, UC almost got them fouled out quick enough.

I think Humboldt will get killed....but only if toylon and rose don't play.

Humboldt by at least 15.

To beat Humboldt Cosby will have to make some shots from the outside to open the paint up..And your guards will no doubt have to put the ball on the floor and be able to drive the lanes and draw some fouls..And believe me they can be took off the dribble because their big men CANNOT move their feet against good guards that can take someone...That is the only weakness i see in that whole Humboldt team..And Cosby you better tell your boys to put a body on them guys and block out well..That will be your only chance..And when the game is over win or lose..You will see what i am talking about..good luck to both teams.

To beat Humboldt Cosby will have to make some shots from the outside to open the paint up..And your guards will no doubt have to put the ball on the floor and be able to drive the lanes and draw some fouls..And believe me they can be took off the dribble because their big men CANNOT move their feet against good guards that can take someone...That is the only weakness i see in that whole Humboldt team..And Cosby you better tell your boys to put a body on them guys and block out well..That will be your only chance..And when the game is over win or lose..You will see what i am talking about..good luck to both teams.

regular season is over..anything can happen now..i think this game will be a great one..be really fun to watch from a fans point a view....lets get em cosby and bring that gold back home...