Top 4 in AA

1Coach_B

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn's schedule is kinda weak, why does that mean they can't play? They have got to be tired of losing at the 'Boro--not that that's enough to win, but if they play well and ALL of the players play as a team they could do something. Clearly Beau Brown is the go to guy, but he is certainly not all that they have.

Your post kinda reminds me of how Haywood might feel too.

Don't get me wrong...Coach V is my friend but I still want Bolivar to 3-peat...

but Haywood must have the same mindset that you're speaking of w/ McMinn.

They've also got talent and they must be tired of making that trip upi there just to turn around and come home too.

Anyway....just a thought. Anybody's game now.

By the way...has ol' Smooth Juker gone into his hibernation period??? I sure haven't seen him post in a few days. Last time he did, I've got to hand it to him...he reallly hooked up the people about the Regional Championship game.

Oh well...just wondering.

When did Liberty beat RE this year????????? You sure you don't have your teams mixed up and please don't say in a scrimmage.

No! there is no schedule mix up they defeated Raleigh Egypt on November 18th. Do your homework and you would know this and it was not a scrimmage. By the way use Coach T for more than talk, look at team schedules bhscoach. The answer was in the question you are on the site that gives you all that information. Duh? :lol:

No! there is no schedule mix up they defeated Raleigh Egypt on November 18th. Do your homework and you would know this and it was not a scrimmage. By the way use Coach T for more than talk, look at team schedules bhscoach. The answer was in the question you are on the site that gives you all that information. Duh? :lol:

Ahh go to sleep topdoggnbball. What are you doing up at this hour??? Talking about a scrimmage. And who does homework nowadays? (I wish more of my kids did!) Besides, didn't Hollow Rock-Bruceton beat them that night?

Hey wait...uh, what time is it anyway?

OK.

Nevermind! :lol:

Just messin' w/ ya is all! You're right.

FF

November 18th was the night. There would have been a bigger crowd but JCM played Melrose that night across town and most people were there. No, it was not a scrimmage and Liberty beat them straight up.

Yeah, you're right.......I remember I had a tough time deciding between the JCM/Melrose game or the Raleigh Egypt/Liberty game, and regrettably I went to the football game.

I was speaking more about Haywood's Jarvis Varnardo than McMinn about the defense...the Tomcats are 4-0 against AAA schools this year, but in my opinion I honestly don't believe that there is a vast difference in the skill levels of AA and AAA teams in West TN basketball. There are certainly even some A teams that can hold their own with the "big dogs"...the Tomcats lost one to A Union City this year, but handed AAA JCM 2 losses and beat out Kingsbury as well. Not to mention the 78-67 win over 6A Alabama Champ Bob Jones.

I agree that the winner of the Haywood/Liberty game will be the definite favorite to advance to the Championship game. I wouldn't count the winner of McMinn/Alcoa out, but I'd definitely say it's a long shot against the Tomcats or the Crusaders. At that I haven't seen McMinn or Alcoa play, I'm just basing this on strength of schedule.

Yeah, you're right.......I remember I had a tough time deciding between the JCM/Melrose game or the Raleigh Egypt/Liberty game, and regrettably I went to the football game.

I was at that football game, too. Probably the best sports night in Jackson in a long time. That R-Egypt v/s Liberty game went right under the radar because at the time not many people knew how good either team was. I think Melrose had three D-1 recruits on that football field and JCM had 1. Liberty has one D-1 signee and R-Egypt has 1 (football player on the basketball team) and the top Junior in the state. Great night for Jackson. However, I have no clue why I am talking about it now, then again, I can always talk football and basketball. :thumb:

When did Liberty beat RE this year????????? You sure you don't have your teams mixed up and please don't say in a scrimmage.

Are you kidding. You act as if Liberty would shy away from RE. Ever since they first suited up 3 years ago, they have played one of the toughest schedules in Tennessee. The coach and the AD have a great mentality when it comes to playing playoff calibur competition. What first year program opens up with the 2003 Northside team? Liberty's non district schedule is brutal. Look at baseball28's post up there, they have beat just about any team you call a power house in AA. If Liberty would have been in any other district last year they would have been in the state tournament last year. Just so happens the district they were in featured Bolivar and Humboldt.

Liberty's young team beat Bolivar by 17 last year. If you seen the team Bolivar had on the court last year, you know not many teams were able to play with them let alon thump them like that. They also made Bolivar fans the quitest I've ever seen them when they jumped out to a 20 point lead on Bolivar in the first half a second round game of the region tournament last year. Of course Bolivar's big game experience came through for them and they shut Liberty down after that. This team is legit, always have been.

Are you kidding. You act as if Liberty would shy away from RE. Ever since they first suited up 3 years ago, they have played one of the toughest schedules in Tennessee. The coach and the AD have a great mentality when it comes to playing playoff calibur competition. What first year program opens up with the 2003 Northside team? Liberty's non district schedule is brutal. Look at baseball28's post up there, they have beat just about any team you call a power house in AA. If Liberty would have been in any other district last year they would have been in the state tournament last year. Just so happens the district they were in featured Bolivar and Humboldt.

Liberty's young team beat Bolivar by 17 last year. If you seen the team Bolivar had on the court last year, you know not many teams were able to play with them let alon thump them like that. They also made Bolivar fans the quitest I've ever seen them when they jumped out to a 20 point lead on Bolivar in the first half a second round game of the region tournament last year. Of course Bolivar's big game experience came through for them and they shut Liberty down after that. This team is legit, always have been.

Hey now Prep...don't go knocking my guys around!!!

Ah, I'm just messin' with you man!

Hey now Prep...don't go knocking my guys around!!!

Ah, I'm just messin' with you man!

Firefulmer............do you ever go to bed?

You remind me of that commercial they had about NBA championship last year. I think it was Rip Hamilton of the Pistions staying up all night tossing and turning.......worrried about that gold championship ball. :huh: