Farragut and Catapano

PKnCo42

I have heard many things about Catapano the lefty pitcher at Farragut. I am just trying to figure out how good he really is and how Farraguts chances are this year at making a state championship run. I know that they are always a top team and always have a good shot at a state championship but ive heard from numberous people that this years Farragut team may not live up to the expectations this year as it has in the past..

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard many things about Catapano the lefty pitcher at Farragut. I am just trying to figure out how good he really is and how Farraguts chances are this year at making a state championship run. I know that they are always a top team and always have a good shot at a state championship but ive heard from numberous people that this years Farragut team may not live up to the expectations this year as it has in the past..

If Farragut falls short of recent success it won't be due to Catapano. He was good enough to be the #2 starter on a national top 5 team two years ago. He was good enough to be recruited by a number of major DI schools.

He pitched against us last year in Regionals. He obviousily has velocity on his fastball, but he also has good location. Location is sometimes overlooked be a lot of people. They just care about the speed of the fastball and the break of the curveball. He will definitly find lots of success on the mound for Farraguat, plus a D1 scholarship to go with that.

I'm not sure on what Farraguat is bringing back to the table this year. They did great last year after they put us out, I would look for them to make a pretty good run this year. Hitting and Pitching has always been a good key part of their game, I'm not sure how they will hold up on the pitching end after Catapano, but their hitting should be strong.

Rob competed in the 18 yr old perfect game world series as a 17 year old last summer and defeated the highest rated team according to Baseball America, the East Cobb Braves, who had four draftees in their lineup. The Admirals will once again compete with anyone in the state as long as Rob is their ace hurler. In addition, they return a few capable sticks in their lineup and are, as always, well coached. Farragut will, once again, be a state-contender, but not without a knock-down dragout scuffle with teams such as SD, Halls, DB, SH, Jeff. Co who all return great line-ups and aces who are very capable of shutting down hitters on a consistent basis. Should be a fun year.

Winners Inc Posted Mar 10 2006 - 09:44 PM

who is farragut's number 2? i believe they have a great shot at state this year, but can all their pitchers get it done against the greatest competition when rob isn't on the hill?

Lawson Cheek is number 2, he proved himself last year when he came in relief last year against halls during the region final down 8-0 and held them to one run the rest of the game and let the admirals win 12-9. He has been a very consistent pitcher and pitched today against william blount and won 8-3. Farragut has a pretty deep staff after him as well.