George Pitts leaving BA for KING?

krichunaka

Yea…I agree. I would say it will be much easier to be a team player when you don’t have to care them around on your shoulders!! :D:lol: (just a joke) :P

And you can get up off your knees with Coach Burns it’s not going to work. I’ve kept him updated on all your posts this year!!! ;) I think he said something about having a job for you over there at King…something you were very familiar with while @ THS. Only problem is they have bottles instead up cups. Bummer!! :lol:

As long as i get the job. It works for me. Do they have the padded chairs like they had a Tennessee High also because i dont want to have to pull splenters out of my butt. But hey Atleast ill get to keep your boy company!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was funny. You know it really doesn’t matter who you are…this is all just opinionated fun to me. I respect a person that speaks out for what they believe even if it isn’t politically correct! On that note…do you think Coach Pitts is using King for a stepping stone or do you think he is merely using this opportunity to add to the legacy that he has already started…all of the above…none of the above…other????

I thought it was funny. You know it really doesn’t matter who you are…this is all just opinionated fun to me. I respect a person that speaks out for what they believe even if it isn’t politically correct! On that note…do you think Coach Pitts is using King for a stepping stone or do you think he is merely using this opportunity to add to the legacy that he has already started…all of the above…none of the above…other????

All the talk on here is that he has accepted the job. Last official news I read was in the Tennessean that he was visting King last weekend. Is it a done deal?

If so...unless Pitts gets another job soon as in the next year or 2 at say ETSU or something in that range, I don't believe this is a stepping stone. I think he wants to live in this area and I think he doesn't have many years to keep moving up. While he is only in his 50s I think...I think to move up in the college ranks you have to start earlier and move up quicker....

It is definitely not impossible for him to wind up at ETSU.

A couple of Examples. VMI (D 1) head coach Duggar Baucom spent several years as a high school coach, came to Tusculum College (D 2) in 2004 and led Tusculum to 2 straight conference titles and appearances in the NCAA D 2 tournament.

Bruce Pearl was at Southern Indian (D 2) from 1992 to 2001, went to Milwaukee Wisconsin (small D1) in 01 and I think we know the rest of the story. Anything is possible and I would never underestimate George Pitts.

Edited by devilfan11

I think it is a stepping stone for both Pitts and the program at King College. Pitts will be a great coach at King at the Divisions II level and with the players that are coming in, and ive heard rumors of some big dawgs, they should be a top team NATIONALLY in a few years. Im sure after Pitts builds this program up at King he will have many Division 1 offers come his way. He doesnt need ETSU, id put money on it that if King plays ETSU next year, King will win!!!!!!

I think it is a stepping stone for both Pitts and the program at King College. Pitts will be a great coach at King at the Divisions II level and with the players that are coming in, and ive heard rumors of some big dawgs, they should be a top team NATIONALLY in a few years. Im sure after Pitts builds this program up at King he will have many Division 1 offers come his way. He doesnt need ETSU, id put money on it that if King plays ETSU next year, King will win!!!!!!

F I N A L L Y we find something we agree on!!!! :lol::lol: