Forrest vs RBS

TopDawg83

Fine, if you want to believe that is why they were applauding so be it. The history of RBS and Macon County, Gordonsville, and Westmoreland would tend to make one believe otherwise.

I'll be the first to say, NO there is no written rule anywhere that says teams from the same district or region have to openly cheer for one another. In fact in today's world I would be surprised when I saw that happening.

But I don't think it is necessary to openly cheer against them either. I honestly hope that it was them showing support for a great season by RBS but I'll bet if you ask any RBS fans that saw their actions they would not have believed it was done in that manner.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and this is mine for what I saw today. Plus NO coaches were around their teams that I saw where these girls were sitting.

Oh well, life goes on!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, if you want to believe that is why they were applauding so be it. The history of RBS and Macon County, Gordonsville, and Westmoreland would tend to make one believe otherwise.

I'll be the first to say, NO there is no written rule anywhere that says teams from the same district or region have to openly cheer for one another. In fact in today's world I would be surprised when I saw that happening.

But I don't think it is necessary to openly cheer against them either. I honestly hope that it was them showing support for a great season by RBS but I'll bet if you ask any RBS fans that saw their actions they would not have believed it was done in that manner.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and this is mine for what I saw today. Plus NO coaches were around their teams that I saw where these girls were sitting.

Oh well, life goes on!

Well I agree with most of the things you are saying I wasnt pulling for either side in your classy arguement. I was just presenting the fact that it could have been my way our your way. Do you know what I mean? And I dont know the history between these teams and to tell you the truth I dont care. All I care about is the Lady Rockets. But if you saw me you probly know I was happy to see RBS get eliminated just because they are playing my team but man I still have respect for RBS and I know they are a great team. They made it to state and that is a huge accomplishment for any team. But I want to thank Forrest and RBS for the awesome game which they played today. Goodluck Friday Lady Rockets.

Oh well, life goes on!

I agree with you TopDawg in that a team should not openly cheer against another team at any game. I can understand these girls not wanting RBS to win today because they are teenagers and yes, jealousy does play a part in it. These teams would have given anything to be there playing today but they also probably didn't want a team from their district or region to do well in the tournament. I am sure this happens all the time at the state tournament, but it is disappointing that they would openly cheer against RBS.

These teams can wanna beat each other when during the season, but they should root for each other in the postseason when a team is doing really well...I'm always hoping that Macon County Football succeeds and after we play lafayette in basketball and baseball i'm alwasy hoping they do good in baseball...There is no reason why everyone can't root for the teams they're closest too...