West Tn

westtennbob

I have seen a lot of state toruneys and the officiating varies, but I do not believe Madison has officiating to blame. Shooting less than 32% has the bulk and then 4 of 17 from 3pt range. Refs do not have a lot to do with missing 13 3's. Especially in a one point game. Refs make bad calls all the time, but in a one point. But both teams shot 25 free throws, but Forrest converted 21, while Madison hit 17. Couple more and they win the game.

I was supporting Madison, but nothing about that appears the refs took the game from them.

i am not talking about just this game , anytime we in west tn go there ,You know as well as i do it is true , i live in Trenton

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a lot of state toruneys and the officiating varies, but I do not believe Madison has officiating to blame. Shooting less than 32% has the bulk and then 4 of 17 from 3pt range. Refs do not have a lot to do with missing 13 3's. Especially in a one point game. Refs make bad calls all the time, but in a one point. But both teams shot 25 free throws, but Forrest converted 21, while Madison hit 17. Couple more and they win the game.

I was supporting Madison, but nothing about that appears the refs took the game from them.

Thanks for that post. I didn`t get to see the game. But I heard the Jackson radio and after the game they were going off on the officiating. I wish Madison could have won, but am still proud of their accomplishment for a 3rd year school.

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825983359' date='Mar 10 2006 - 06:52 PM']

Thanks for that post. I didn`t get to see the game. But I heard the Jackson radio and after the game they were going off on the officiating. I wish Madison could have won, but am still proud of their accomplishment for a 3rd year school.

It is that way every year a west Tn. team goes east for any sport.

No doubt, in the state tournament they "let 'em play", much like you expect to see on the next level. Kids have to be not only physically tougher to take some bumps, knocks, and sometimes even knockdowns. They have to be even tougher mentally to avoid becoming rattled because they are not getting the calls they want and are probably used to getting. In the past the saying was to "basketball is a non-contact sport". No one wonders why it isnt said anymore- because it is filled with a lot of physically rough play. The toughest teams = the best teams. Coaches should do what is necessary to prepare their kids for all aspects of playing in front of the bright lights: bumps bruises, knocks, and knock downs included

Iwas at the game today. So if your theory is correct, why did the officals feel they had to call 3 touch fouls on us when they were bringing the ball up the floor against our press? Doesnt sound like the "let 'em play" you like to talk about. Sounds like the good old double standard.

The way the brackets were drawn, the best teams are in the finals. The only semi-upset was Forrest over Red Boiling Springs, and Forrest did what it took to win down the stretch.

Jackson County IS the best A team there. Forrest will have to pull off a miracle to win.

We have an All-West Tennessee AA final.

Shelbyville and Wilson Central are the best two AAA teams there.

All you have to do is look at the scores. They are low scoring and close. The officials are doing a good job of NOT becoming a part of the game.

Madison had a chance to win, they just were unable to convert. Not bad for a third year school that is loaded with Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors. They will get their chance next season. :lol:

I was at the Madison game yesterday. I was sitting right beside the radio guys from 101.5 and the officiating was horrible. When the Jackson Sun is even making comments in the paper about the terrible officiating then there is a problem. The offciaiting overall at this tournament was been way below par. I have seen some well officiated games, but Madison was one of the worst. THe radio guy actually slammed his pen on the table and it flipped onto the court. But officiating in West Tennessee is not going to get better so we had better just stink it up and get used to it.l

I was at the Madison game yesterday. I was sitting right beside the radio guys from 101.5 and the officiating was horrible. When the Jackson Sun is even making comments in the paper about the terrible officiating then there is a problem. The offciaiting overall at this tournament was been way below par. I have seen some well officiated games, but Madison was one of the worst. THe radio guy actually slammed his pen on the table and it flipped onto the court. But officiating in West Tennessee is not going to get better so we had better just stink it up and get used to it.l

Just the fact that the Jackson Sun would even make a comment about the officiating tells me it has been pretty good. They have no clue about sports coverage, period. Haven't had any since Dan Morris left the sports department.......anyway, having watched the first 3 days of the state tournament, the officiating hasn't been that bad. The one lady, has no clue, but other than that it has been no better or worse than usual.

North Side down 2, under two to play......pulling for North Side.......