Region 4-3A

War Eagles

I believe PC and WH will fight it out for the top...Greenbrier will be my 3rd place team...Now who gets that last play-off spot...I believe it'll either be Sycamore or Station Camp...Sycamore I believe will have a better team than last...actually I know that they will...and I believe Station Camp is due for a playoff appearance...I believe that they improve a little every year and I believe it's about time for them, but I don't believe it's this year...I believe SC will finish 5th and Sycamore get that last playoff spot...Now Macon lost Dallas and it's going to be awfully hard to replace him, and I just don't think they'll do it...If they can fix there passing game then they might have a shot, but very doubtful...I look at them finishing 6th and Dekalb at 7th just for them being like usual...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe PC and WH will fight it out for the top...Greenbrier will be my 3rd place team...Now who gets that last play-off spot...I believe it'll either be Sycamore or Station Camp...Sycamore I believe will have a better team than last...actually I know that they will...and I believe Station Camp is due for a playoff appearance...I believe that they improve a little every year and I believe it's about time for them, but I don't believe it's this year...I believe SC will finish 5th and Sycamore get that last playoff spot...Now Macon lost Dallas and it's going to be awfully hard to replace him, and I just don't think they'll do it...If they can fix there passing game then they might have a shot, but very doubtful...I look at them finishing 6th and Dekalb at 7th just for them being like usual...

I would like to see some of these teams in spring practice. Does anyone have any dates?

Guest catfish-hunter

Macon's passing game improved greatly last year from the moment Kirby took over in the second half of the Station Camp contest.

Station Camp was a 6-5 playoff team in 2004 that lost in the opening round to a very good Tyner bunch.

Look for Sycamore to make a deep run in the 2006 playoff (if everybody is healthy) . Sycamore returns several starters this year. Austin Lohin (QB/DB) is the playmaker on this Sycamore team and he has a great ability to run the ball (4.5 40) and pass the ball too. Lohin also plays on defense too and is just a great athlete. He should get several picks this year. John Clanton and Zach Holden are the two receivers Sycamore will rely on this year. Both are very quick and fast. Willie Vanderford (TE/DE) is a great player on both sides of the ball. Willie can catch the ball good and get several sacks, too. Look for other players such as Keely Ray(best TE in region), Derek Cannon, Matt Carrigan, Dallas Beerman, and David Lane to make big impacts on the gridiron, too.

Better alert the press 'cause according to The Tennessean, that's faster than Mr. Young from Texas. :o

Sycamore should finish 2nd in this region. I also heard to look out for Willie Vanderford for Sycamore. The guy got 225 12 times!

Yeah, but can he PLAY? :angry:

Guest catfish-hunter

I feel like I should intervene here on this Austin Lohin matter. Lohin can play, hands down. In fact when healthy he is the one of the best quarterbacks in the entire region (the only one that is possibly better is DeAunte Mason from Pearl-Cohn). Lohin has great running ability and makes solid decisions (both as a quarterback and as a point guard on the basketball team). What hurts Austin is that he doesn't have the best arm in the world. He can throw it don't get me wrong but he is no Josh Garza (Sycamore's starting quarterback from 2002-2004). Garza could run it and when it came to throwing it he was a very accurate passer (especially on the run). Garza was also a guy who got it done everytime Sycamore needed a big play with the game on the line. Austin Lohin has yet to have that sort of a defining moment as the quarterback at Sycamore. Notice the word "YET". Austin Lohin is also a very good defensive back. In fact he was named the All-Region 4-3A MVP Defensive Back for the 2005 season by the coaches across the region. He and John Clanton (3INT's in one game vs Marshall County last year) combine to give Sycamore the best group of defensive backs in the entire region. What is Austin's lone downfall????? I would have to say it has been the injury bug. That is something that the kid totally can't possibly control. That's why at the start of this post I included the words "WHEN HEALTHY". Sycamore is a very dangerous football team with Lohin on the field. In fact Austin Lohin is a player that is worth 14-points per game by himself. Why do I say that???? Offensively he is going to make a play to account for a TD and defensively he is a shutdown DB that is a big play saver. If he stays healthy throughout the season this year then Sycamore is going to be a playoff team come November. If he gets hurt and has to miss some big games (Sycamore plays White House, Greenbrier, and Macon County in a three week span of time in the month of October) then it will be very difficult for Sycamore to be a playoff time once November arrives.

Guest catfish-hunter

Good post Catfish.

Had a source tell me that you guys are looking very good in the weight room right now. That's great to hear because with the physical style of play that teams like to play in this region strength is a must. That combined with the returning experience from last year's team should result in better success in '06.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS AND I HOPE TO SEE YALL SCRIMMAGE BEFORE THE START OF THE SEASON ;)

Guest catfish-hunter

The defense should be a team strength once again seeing as the Tigers return Jonathan Hudson at linebacker (he was among the state's leaders in overall tackles last year).

Everyone keep this young man as well as his family in your prayers because he fell off of a boat into Dell Hollow Lake yesterday and nothing has been found :lol: