Region 4-3A

War Eagles

Sycamore's annual blue and white game went well last night. Their was a pretty good crowd there last night. Austin Lohin made several touchdown passes in the first two quarters and played good on defense the second half. Willie Vanderford did an excellent job at tight end getting one or two TD catches and at defensive end getting several hard-hitting tackles. Derek Cannon did a good job at running back also. The X-Factor for this team would be Zach Holden. Many teams don't know about him with his blazing 4.5 speed. He had two TD catches last night. Also watch out for O'Neal Hogan. This kid is a freshman and had some good hits last night. I think Halstead and his staff will have this team ready to get into the playoffs after missing the playoffs the past two years.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it is a little of both we have a very special coach who has made an impact on alot of the players and another who moved may not be with them. I also think they wanna add more to the staff. Time will tell.

It is often said that coaches have an impact on kids lives. And for some it is occasionally good to hear you made a diffremce. Something that is often not said is how the kids make an impact on the coach. This is what it is all about isn't it, the kids. I hope when i look back i can count many lives i've changed for the better and more kids i have had a hand in making successful. I will not count the wins and losses. Wins can not come by and visit after you have retired or come by after games and show you there wife and kids and tell you of their successes, only the kids you have coached and the kids you have raised can do that. For all you players out there you have no idea how much of an impact you can have on your coach. I for one would donate a kidney to any player i have coached. That is how much the players i work with mean to me. With all this said SHS should make a run. They have the heart and desire to be a great team and I wish coach Halstead and the boys all the luck in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

1. White House

2. Pearl Cohn

3. Sycamore

4. Station Camp

5. Greenbrier

6. Macon Co.

7. Dekalb Co.

Not real sure about Sycamore - they have a good coach - he learned from the BEST "White House". Pearl Cohn can't beat a well coached team, unless they have John Henderson, Santonio Beard, & Buck Fitzgerald. No discipline kills the best talent. Greenbrier lost everybody but the waterboy. White House lost Ricky Ladd, but the majority of the team is intact from last year & have a great back in Justin West. Those holes that were created by departing Seniors have been filled by experienced personell. Station Camp, I heard lost a tailback (Tony)? The Tony guy I hope is gone - he's a thug. He took several cheap shots at White House last year, including punching people in the neck while the refs weren't looking. None the less, this is a very good coached & hard playing region. There are several well established rivalries & some that are new, but are burning into huge rivalries fast. Can't wait for the season to get started, so White House can hang another region title at the field.

1. White House

2. Pearl Cohn

3. Sycamore

4. Station Camp

5. Greenbrier

6. Macon Co.

7. Dekalb Co.

Not real sure about Sycamore - they have a good coach - he learned from the BEST "White House". Pearl Cohn can't beat a well coached team, unless they have John Henderson, Santonio Beard, & Buck Fitzgerald. No discipline kills the best talent.

The predictions are very respectable. I don't quite know what you mean when you say Sycamore's coach learned from "the BEST White House". Could you clarify that one for me please because as far as I know Halstead has never had any affiliation whatsoever with White House football???? I believe White House is a very well coached football team year in and year out. With that having been said I see in your post where you said "Pearl Cohn can't beat a well coached team". Last year PC did not have a Santonio Beard, John Henderson, or Buck Fitzgerald on the field and they beat White House in what was a very hard fought football game (the score was 14-7). I suspect that is going to be the game that decides the winner of this region this upcoming season.