First Game

C's Dad

After being an avid reader of coacht for several years I finally have a reason to post. Today my daughter will pitch her 1st High School game (she is a freshman at JCHS). This is what all the travel ball and 4 years of sat or sun trips to club k have been for. I hope that it meets all her expections and fulfills her dreams, because with or without that 1st pitch she has already meet mine. I wish her and every other 1st timer the best of luck today and in the future! :unsure:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After being an avid reader of coacht for several years I finally have a reason to post. Today my daughter will pitch her 1st High School game (she is a freshman at JCHS). This is what all the travel ball and 4 years of sat or sun trips to club k have been for. I hope that it meets all her expections and fulfills her dreams, because with or without that 1st pitch she has already meet mine. I wish her and every other 1st timer the best of luck today and in the future! :)

<_<:P:P

<_< C's Dad, I know the feeling, I have 2 daughters that pitch, 1 for D1 college and the other a Junior in HS. I know how you've put in thousands of hours for the opportunity to feel sick with worry every time that she takes the mound. You've spent the last few years convincing her she's unhittable and to stay calm on the mound, while you pace the sidelines. I know how you will frown at a poor pitch selection, because you've called 10,000 and know exactly what she needs to throw, but the coach does not ask you. I know how everyone tells you it's a team game, but you know in the paper tomorrow that it will be your daughters name as the winner or loser of the game. Its a great ride that only a pitchers parent can understand. Enjoy you've earned it. (By the way it never gets better even in college)

After being an avid reader of coacht for several years I finally have a reason to post. Today my daughter will pitch her 1st High School game (she is a freshman at JCHS). This is what all the travel ball and 4 years of sat or sun trips to club k have been for. I hope that it meets all her expections and fulfills her dreams, because with or without that 1st pitch she has already meet mine. I wish her and every other 1st timer the best of luck today and in the future! :P

You've really pulled my heartstrings! Having a senior this year - a word of advice - don't blink because it will be over before you know it. Have a wonderful ride! <_<

You've really pulled my heartstrings! Having a senior this year - a word of advice - don't blink because it will be over before you know it. Have a wonderful ride! :lol:

I love your post! i have a young daughter that has just started pitching and I can only imagine how that will be. My older daughter had her first ever high school at bat this weekend and all I prayed for was contact. No strike out and I would be happy. She had 2 strikes on her but managed to hit the ball to center field for a base hit and rbi. We all had a nice sigh of relief because now we can enjoy the next 4 years.

After being an avid reader of coacht for several years I finally have a reason to post. Today my daughter will pitch her 1st High School game (she is a freshman at JCHS). This is what all the travel ball and 4 years of sat or sun trips to club k have been for. I hope that it meets all her expections and fulfills her dreams, because with or without that 1st pitch she has already meet mine. I wish her and every other 1st timer the best of luck today and in the future! :lol:

C's Dad,

You've really struck home with this post. I, too, had a daughter pitch her first high school game yesterday. I am pleased to announce four innings of no hit relief, but you are correct.....it would not have mattered, she has already surpassed my expectations and given me more joy and pride that I deserve. I could not help but reflect on the 5 years of preparation through travel ball and pitching lessons that she put in to get her to this point. I also hope it meets her expectations, and just hope somehow that time can slow down a little. Based on how fast the last five years have gone by....I suspect the next four will go by even faster.

C's Dad - as you can read from the previous posts you really touched alot of folks today. I am a parent of a senior who pitches and will pitch in college. I am the "pacer" of our team. Everytime she takes the mound, I have to get up. I love and hate every minute of it. She has surpassed all my expectations thats for sure, I am just so proud she gets to do what she loves. - GOOD LUCK to all the teams this season and to the "pacing" parents........

C's Dad - as you can read from the previous posts you really touched alot of folks today. I am a parent of a senior who pitches and will pitch in college. I am the "pacer" of our team. Everytime she takes the mound, I have to get up. I love and hate every minute of it. She has surpassed all my expectations thats for sure, I am just so proud she gets to do what she loves. - GOOD LUCK to all the teams this season and to the "pacing" parents........

Thanks Debi,

I have found the trick for those pacing parents.....I used to think it was silly when I saw parents scoring ballgames on those little hand held computers. I got one myself and gave it a try. I found it to be therapuetic! Dad's got to have something to keep him busy!

After being an avid reader of coacht for several years I finally have a reason to post. Today my daughter will pitch her 1st High School game (she is a freshman at JCHS). This is what all the travel ball and 4 years of sat or sun trips to club k have been for. I hope that it meets all her expections and fulfills her dreams, because with or without that 1st pitch she has already meet mine. I wish her and every other 1st timer the best of luck today and in the future! :thumb:

Which JCHS?