who's going to state in single A

UHS ranger

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colafield has great talent but are struggling to be a team. If they can do something to unite tehn Coalfield will be unstoppable but they have a ways to go. If coalfield beats OS on tuesday, then that will be a good step up.

I think it's worth noting that Grace has already defeated Coalfield this year.

When Cascade played Forest, I didnt give them much chance, but they have been improving more and more. If they get consistent with there bats they will be tough in the tournament. BIG IF !!! Good Luck, Levi and Cascade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Colafield has great talent but are struggling to be a team. If they can do something to unite tehn Coalfield will be unstoppable but they have a ways to go. If coalfield beats OS on tuesday, then that will be a good step up.

Coalfield has some great talent and OS does too. They both have a chance to make it to state.

Question for Unaka fans. How much do they have back from last year because Swearengen seemed to carry them when he pitched and that made them a very good team.

As for Region 2-A

Rockwood is very talented, but very young. If they peak at the right time then they could make a sixth Spring Fling trip in eight years.

Harriman is also young, but Cummings is a true ace on the mound and they are capable of beating anyone in the state when he pitches. The key is to make the region and have him ready for Monday and Friday.

Cosby had beaten Rockwood twice, but how many times has a team done well against the Tigers in the regular season only to see David Lane's squad come back and win the region/ Cosby, however, is capable of knocking off Rockwood or Harriman either one in the district tournament.

Oliver Springs is the most experienced group as they have 11 seniors with most of the starters being seniors. So far this year the Bobcats have found ways to win whether it's 3-2 or 15-12. They do need to quit kicking the ball around if they want to make it to Murfreesboro, but they are definitely battle tested.

I don't know if Coalfield or Sunbright has enough pitching to win the district title, but if they make it to the region then they have enough pitching to make it to the state with a win on Monday, loss Wednesday and win again on Friday.

My gut tells me two teams from Roane County will advance to the sectional with one of those traveling to Stoney Creek for a third straight year.

Edited by goosevol

Question for Unaka fans. How much do they have back from last year because Swearengen seemed to carry them when he pitched and that made them a very good team. (edited)

My gut tells me two teams from Roane County will advance to the sectional with one of those traveling to Stoney Creek for a third straight year.

Losing R.S. and McInturf from the pitching staff hurt depth wise but this years ace can be just as good... this years number 2 pitcher throws hard but lacks some high school pitching experience but he is doing well... offensively (at third on defense) we replaced Pasquale with a freshman, but he is a big kid and can fill those shoes

and to your second point I hope your gut is right and I think we have a decent shot of holding up our half of that bargain..

Edited by unakafan07

i was reading on another thread that a Forest player threw 21 k's in one game

Mikie Minor threw 21 k's as Forrest Rockets beat a good Huntland Hornets team 12-1. If the Rockets continue to hit the basebal as they have been lately they will be tough. (116 runs in last eight games!) No one will beat Mikie with that kind of offensive help.