HUMBOLDT VS. GRACE BAPTIST

bed2i

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC didnt have competition today, and Cosby just isnt good and ive been trying to say that all along. But i was expecting more out of Grace, lol they are really gona have to do somethin when they play Humboldt. Humboldt will be just to much.

Oh yeah, Grace couldnt score in the first quarter if their life depended on it, but they did out score ER by 23 after the first quarter. But you are right Grace will have to play better to beat Humboldt. I was suprised by their start they acted as if the already won, that wont be the case firday, youll see a whole different team. Who will guard Eldridge?

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Oh yeah, Grace couldnt score in the first quarter if their life depended on it, but they did out score ER by 23 after the first quarter. But you are right Grace will have to play better to beat Humboldt. I was suprised by their start they acted as if the already won, that wont be the case firday, youll see a whole different team. Who will guard Eldridge?

my guess is toylon smith...he'll probably guard eldridge...it'll be hard for him to get an open look

They just show a lot of emotion every game. And yes, we expect to see a diff. team Friday. Smith, Johnson, or a guy off the bench can guard Eldridge, but we might just play zone; you never know.

Better tell your boys to come with it. Humboldt is no doubt the most athletic in this thing, it's obvious they can win it. But Grace has talent also, im just not sure they can keep up with Humboldt's athletic ability. Davis will be guarded by either Toylon or the 2 guard(dont kno his name) but he is very quick and has size. If Carter gets taken out due to foul trouble or any other reasons, it easily could become a dunk contest on behalf of HHS. :thumb:

Better tell your boys to come with it. Humboldt is no doubt the most athletic in this thing, it's obvious they can win it. But Grace has talent also, im just not sure they can keep up with Humboldt's athletic ability. Davis will be guarded by either Toylon or the 2 guard(dont kno his name) but he is very quick and has size. If Carter gets taken out due to foul trouble or any other reasons, it easily could become a dunk contest on behalf of HHS. :unsure:

McMasters does a good job of staying out of foul trouble for a guy his size. I wouldnt be suprised if Humboldt threw bodies at him tryin to draw the foul. Grace should take charges all day long. I dont think ill see a dunk contest by just one team. If Humboldt presses Grace will get some dunks. DIlts Van Horn and McMasters can all throw down. Grace is very solid at quickly breaking a press and getting easy baskets.

Yeah it worked against Cosby, and that was their "star child" that only had 14.

gawl what was he like 6 for 32? Thats unheard of. If your off your off, pass the rock.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

my guess is that humboldt is going to bring the ball in the paint straight to yall's big guy at first and draw fouls..the charges aren't going to work...humboldt's players are too smart to just keep running and try and dunk over the guy that's just standing there waiting to take a charge...but i don't know much about grace so i'm not sure what's going to happen...all i know is that ya'll have that big guy and i heard that he's kinda clumsy and young...but other than that i have no idea what grace has...i still see humboldt coming out of this one with the win...i usually don't make any predictions but this one ill say humboldt wins 79-61

...all i know is that ya'll have that big guy and i heard that he's kinda clumsy and young...

Yes he is young, but far from clumsy. He is a very good shooter and will even bring the ball up the floor sometimes. He is very skilled for a 15 yr old his size. I think he will be smart in the paint. Remember it is every teams goal to ge him in foul trouble. It could go either way, if he gets a couple early blocks Humboldt might settle for sub-par shots, or they might get him in foul trouble where he is on the bench.

Yes he is young, but far from clumsy. He is a very good shooter and will even bring the ball up the floor sometimes. He is very skilled for a 15 yr old his size. I think he will be smart in the paint. Remember it is every teams goal to ge him in foul trouble. It could go either way, if he gets a couple early blocks Humboldt might settle for sub-par shots, or they might get him in foul trouble where he is on the bench.

i agree...but toylon smith for humboldt has a very good floater...which he shot that over wayne chism a lot of times...some didn't make it over him of course but i would say at least more than half of the time it didn't get blocked and scored...so if toylon can do that against tennessee signee chism...then i think he'll be able to do that to yall's guy...but we'll have to see what happens

McMasters does a good job of staying out of foul trouble for a guy his size. I wouldnt be suprised if Humboldt threw bodies at him tryin to draw the foul. Grace should take charges all day long. I dont think ill see a dunk contest by just one team. If Humboldt presses Grace will get some dunks. DIlts Van Horn and McMasters can all throw down. Grace is very solid at quickly breaking a press and getting easy baskets.

gawl what was he like 6 for 32? Thats unheard of. If your off your off, pass the rock.

Manning is not the star child.

Blakely (#11) is probably the best player on the team. Some talk of him going D-1, may likely go D2? He plays for Charlie Benson's TN Travelers team.

He didnt have a great game tonight, my understanding is that he was sick. I thought that affected him a bit, he seemed a step slow. He spent the entire halftime break sick.