HUMBOLDT VS. GRACE BAPTIST

bed2i

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought for people to chew on.....

The only TEAM to beat Union City with ALL their players available to them is Humboldt.....

Union City lost to Bolivar,Haywood Co.,Liberty,Trigg Co. Ky., with their football players still in the playoffs...Lost to Forrest City,Ark.,..with Tony Mosely suspended over X-Mas holidays...Lost to Lake Co. with M.Weddle,X.Robinson,T.Mosely and M.Evans suspended and Humboldt,the second time they played(the game after the Lake Co. loss) with T.Mosely suspended....Then Humboldt beat Union City in the district tourney and region finals with their whole roster intact.....You also have to factor in this...M.Weddle got hurt midway through the second quarter of the Humboldt game in the district tourney,Humboldt was up big when he got hurt though...But also remember Humboldt was down 16 points to Union City in the 3rd quarter of the game in Humboldt and came back and won...You never know what could have happened in the district tourney game had Weddle not gotten hurt....(Humboldt was ahead of UC by 16 when Weddle went down with the injury)So really,the only game UC lost when at full strength was the region final classic where Humboldt beat Union City 86-83.....

That total includes a win over Haywood Co. in Brownsville late in the year.....

AC..Quit crying...I was at that Humboldt game and Toylon Smith went out of the game also...U.C. has a great team and so does Humboldt..We could have played this State tournament in West Tenn..We have said all along that we had the toughest district in the State..Then teams representing our district are undefeated against all teams outside our district during the region tournamt,sub-state and now the State..Cosby may have been ranked #1 in the State but would have been in a dog-fight with Trenton for 5th place in our district..No doubt U.C.,Humboldt,Lake Co and Halls were all better..

well all i got to say it that union city had already won 1st after that decicive victory yesterday....so with that being said this game is a battle for 2nd place in the A state tourney :D

Union City did not win first place yesterday after beating Cloudland by 37. Taking nothing away from Cloudland, they were just no match for UC. If anything, beating Cosby by 20 was more impressive than beating Cloudland like a red-headed step-child. Humboldt will beat Grace and will play UC for the golden ball. You cannot go ahead and say UC is the champs because they have lost to Humboldt three times. I do not want to hear any more excuses on who was suspended or who was hurt; Humboldt won three of four, plain and simple. It will be a really good game, and good luck to both teams. I am taking Humboldt by 7 for the golden ball.

Humboldt by 25 to 30... Carder Mcmasters is sorry.. he isnt goin to stop anyone. Humboldt will run and shoot like they did yesterday Mcmasters isnt goin to be a factor again. Humboldt will be to much and the game will be over at the start of the third quarter.

Humboldt 87 Grace 47

Edited by lakecountyfan007

Humboldt will continue to do the same thing that they have done all year; they will hit the boards strong and take it to the post whenever they want to. McMasters cannot guard all three of Humboldt's big guys, just one. If y'all want to slow down the game, go ahead; we have seen it all and can handle it all. We can play the half court offense just as good as getting out and running in transition. Just because you slow the pace will not result in a win. Humboldt over Grace 79-64.

Humboldt by 25 to 30... Carder Mcmasters is sorry.. he isnt goin to stop anyone. Humboldt will run and shoot like they did yesterday Mcmasters isnt goin to be a factor again. Humboldt will be to much and the game will be over at the start of the third quarter.

Humboldt 87 Grace 47

1. Who is Carder?

2. Carter McMasters has played better than anyone from Lake County in the State Tournament.

humboldt shot very good tonight....but they got rebounds at will which helped them alot...they wont be able to do that as easy against grace....and the post players for humboldt wont be able to do their turn and shoots with carter mcmasters defending down low....but humboldt will still be able to get good looks from three because their guards are MUCH quicker than grace's....should be a tight game throughout....however carter is going to have to score more than he did tonight

Score,he cant hit a layup.

AC..Quit crying...I was at that Humboldt game and Toylon Smith went out of the game also...U.C. has a great team and so does Humboldt..We could have played this State tournament in West Tenn..We have said all along that we had the toughest district in the State..Then teams representing our district are undefeated against all teams outside our district during the region tournamt,sub-state and now the State..Cosby may have been ranked #1 in the State but would have been in a dog-fight with Trenton for 5th place in our district..No doubt U.C.,Humboldt,Lake Co and Halls were all better..

I don't know who is crying my Green and Gold friend.....Just stating the facts and putting losses in perspective.....Like I said in the post,Humboldt had a big lead in the game when Marquis went out....Had he played the whole game who knows???It could have gotten close or it might have gone the way it did...Humboldt is a very solid team...Beatable,not by Grace,but beatable..Union City did beat Humboldt in Union City,was up by 16 points in the 3rd quarter in Humboldt and lost in a 3 point classic in the region championship....With Weddle,UC is stronger and if Humboldt can come from behind in the third quarter of a game,why couldn't UC come from behind down 16 before half????.....

Oh my bad, have Lake County players been rebounding, scoring, and altering shots lately? Will they do any of that tomorrow?

Yall about to lose to Humboldt by 40 points. If lake county played yall we would beat yall by 42. We beat humboldt this year and humboldt is goin to embaress yall. By the way please talk carter mcmaster out of goin pro after the season. haha. Maybe after the season he can work on his layups.