SMYRNA FOOTBALL IN 06-07

smyrnajoker0855

That is what happened with Jeremy Mimms at Blackman. It is hard to go from being allowed to "run" the team and skip practices to having to follow rules. What Wells did was the right thing. Mimms "should" have been the top back in the area. He had the size, stamina, and tools to be better than Gaston Miller.

he does not have the o-line, agility, desire, or dedication to be gaston miller. he will not be gaston miller.

if gaston miller had mimms size, BIGTIME

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why did he quit so many times and Shadowens "let" him keep coming back? Shadowens has a "history" of letting the big dogs have free reign on the team. This has caused problems over the years. Why do you think there is so much turnover on his staff? They get sick of the lack of discipline, favoritism, and the fear of being caught for "recruiting".

Wasn't there a problem with Sonny Gray and his "lack" of practice this last summer? I don't think that Shadowens could be compared in any way to Ferguson. I don't think Ferguson is HC material, but he is a really good man. He is a very good assistant . Shadowens has more talent than OHS does, so the coaching is easier for him. As for what kind of a man he is, maybe we could ask MD ?

No problems with Sonny he did exactly as he was instructed and showed up on time and ready to go for practice as scheduled. Ignoring Sonny's baseball potential would be an ignorant thing to do and coach Shad handled it well.

No big dogs on the team that I have seen over the past several years. last years team was about as blue collar as it gets.

coach shad is not a man that goes around shaking peoples hands and smiling in their face and then stabing them in the back the moment they leave the room.

he is not a man that constantly talks about the very people he is supposed to be working for behind their back so he may not be perfect but let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Also except for riverdale his record is better than every school in the county over the past 4 years so he must know something!

One other thing as far a coaches leaving smyrna??

seemed to be no problem for close to 10 years! That is right he kept pretty much his entire staff together for about 10 years. I would think you would expect some to leave after that.

Glad to kow you judge Oaklands coach not capable of being a head coach but an assistant. I am sure with your track record they will fire him immediately.

I challenge anybody to go back and read your post. You are on of the most jealsous,petty negative people on the entire board.

You think you and ever team around you is perfect yet you spend all your time trying to tear down others you are quite frankly one of the most negative miserable posters period.

And once again I believe Blackman has bigger fish to fry than worrying about Smyrna like maybe ------- winning a game.

And by the way Mims yardage against Smyrna in 2005------- 26 yards total less than 2 yards per carry.

If I remember correctly (NVM, I know this is correct), the whole football season Fball didn't claim his beloved Blaze. It wasn't 'til football was over and well into Basketball season (when Blackman got on their win streak) 'til he claimed them. I really don't blame him, I would be ashamed too.

ahhahaahahahahahah....yeah he was doing a Bill Clinton on us, wasn't he?

ahhahaahahahahahah....yeah he was doing a Bill Clinton on us, wasn't he?

"Since I went to Central High School as a youngster, so its not like I can truly support any Murfreesboro team...I like to support individuals I have watched grow up from pee-wee football and who went through Central (since its been a middle school). I support individuals, I don't have a team"

^Thats not a direct quote, but CLOSE to it, I might dig up the post just for kicks :thumb:

"Since I went to Central High School as a youngster, so its not like I can truly support any Murfreesboro team...I like to support individuals I have watched grow up from pee-wee football and who went through Central (since its been a middle school). I support individuals, I don't have a team"

^Thats not a direct quote, but CLOSE to it, I might dig up the post just for kicks :thumb:

DANG........you are GOOOOOOOOOD, 802! I just know when I pressed him for his team, he waffled like he was at IHOP.

Then why did he quit so many times and Shadowens "let" him keep coming back? Shadowens has a "history" of letting the big dogs have free reign on the team. This has caused problems over the years. Why do you think there is so much turnover on his staff? They get sick of the lack of discipline, favoritism, and the fear of being caught for "recruiting".

Wasn't there a problem with Sonny Gray and his "lack" of practice this last summer? I don't think that Shadowens could be compared in any way to Ferguson. I don't think Ferguson is HC material, but he is a really good man. He is a very good assistant . Shadowens has more talent than OHS does, so the coaching is easier for him. As for what kind of a man he is, maybe we could ask MD ?

being caught for recruiting???? who everyone that has played or will play is in smyrna's zone, leave that alone just because we have talent doesnt mean we recruit

if u wanna get to the point it wasnt coach shad that let tony back on the team it was the players asking coach shad to give him a second chance!and he allowed it, he even voted with the staff and players,

sonny's lack of practice ? he was there every week weather it be during baseball going over plays in class then go to baseball after school, then baseball ended the next day he was in full pads, so the lack was never there, dont hate on the kid cause he is d-1 easy,

being caught for recruiting???? who everyone that has played or will play is in smyrna's zone, leave that alone just because we have talent doesnt mean we recruit

if u wanna get to the point it wasnt coach shad that let tony back on the team it was the players asking coach shad to give him a second chance!and he allowed it, he even voted with the staff and players,

sonny's lack of practice ? he was there every week weather it be during baseball going over plays in class then go to baseball after school, then baseball ended the next day he was in full pads, so the lack was never there, dont hate on the kid cause he is d-1 easy,

I agree about Sonny...

partially agree about the recruiting deal...

Not going to say any names but I'll give hints! lol...

Our best WR's little brother used to tell me all the time how Coach Shad wanted him to go to Smyrna and that he would pick him up everyday if he wasn't in the zone...he said Shad used to call him everyday.....I also heard that our next year's starting RB used to get contact from Smyrna...

I agree about Sonny...

partially agree about the recruiting deal...

Not going to say any names but I'll give hints! lol...

Our best WR's little brother used to tell me all the time how Coach Shad wanted him to go to Smyrna and that he would pick him up everyday if he wasn't in the zone...he said Shad used to call him everyday.....I also heard that our next year's starting RB used to get contact from Smyrna...

What a joke coach shad picking up players!!!

Ask anybody at Smyrna and that will make them laugh.

Your starting wr little brother told you that??? Ever occur to you he is just blowing off steam maybe trying to exagerate his importance?

I have been around Smyrna football a long time and Smyrna has had lots of talented players and not once and I mean never have I seen any player ride to practice with coach Shad.

You are in dream land my friend but a friend of mines little brother told me that a guy told him that A ROD is really 22 and lives with coach Thomas ( This is sarcasm for those that don't catch it) so it must be true!!

By the way phone calls are tracable so if that is true why don't you report it.

Go ahead you just made a very damning accusation on an open board that smyrna hc called a player out of zone "EVERYDAY" so its clear cut, why don't you make your name public go to your coach and then go to the tssaa since you have such evidence as coach Shad calling 'EVERYDAY".

My bet is you won't becuse you know and I know it never happened and so there is nothing to prove.

It is easy to get on here anonymous and say all this crap but once it is time to name names and go public the bs stops.