Hillsboro tops Franklin!

72owl

Watched Hillsboro beat Franklin 5-4 Wednesday afternoon. Todd Barnett of the Burros was masterful on the bump and executed a suicide squeeze to perfection. His battery mate, Josh Dunn, put on a blocking & framing clinic behind the plate as did Casey Dykes of Franklin. Not gonna see much better high school catching than I did yesterday. The Rebels still have the big bats from 1 thru 9 but don't appear to have quite the pitching they did last year on their way to State. Looks the 11-AAA race is wide open this year. :lol:

Watched Hillsboro beat Franklin 5-4 Wednesday afternoon. Todd Barnett of the Burros was masterful on the bump and executed a suicide squeeze to perfection. His battery mate, Josh Dunn, put on a blocking & framing clinic behind the plate as did Casey Dykes of Franklin. Not gonna see much better high school catching than I did yesterday. The Rebels still have the big bats from 1 thru 9 but don't appear to have quite the pitching they did last year on their way to State. Looks the 11-AAA race is wide open this year. :lol:

I have seen Todd Barnett pitch the past 2 years and he is one of the better pitchers in the district. All he needs is a semi-decent defence behind him.

Hillsboro pitcher did pitch and field a good game. He's by far their best player Hillsboro has.

Franklin's freshman pitcher was behind on most every hitter and Hillsboro pitcher got ahead of most every pitcher. Hillsboro is much better than last year but they are still Hillsboro. The Rebels first 7 inning game of the year and it looked like it. Franklin HS committed more errors, walked more batters than Hillsboro and that's how Hillsboro got the victory. Hillsboro did not beat anyone last Tuesday, Franklin beat themselves.

Hillsboro pitcher did pitch and field a good game. He's by far their best player Hillsboro has.

Franklin's freshman pitcher was behind on most every hitter and Hillsboro pitcher got ahead of most every pitcher. Hillsboro is much better than last year but they are still Hillsboro. The Rebels first 7 inning game of the year and it looked like it. Franklin HS committed more errors, walked more batters than Hillsboro and that's how Hillsboro got the victory. Hillsboro did not beat anyone last Tuesday, Franklin beat themselves.

Well, if that was Franklin's first 7 inning game of the year, that's their coach's fault. That's called not being prepared. The game I saw, Hillsboro made 3 errors (2 outfield, 1 infield) that led to Franklin runs. Franklin also had the tying run on 3rd in the 6th with no outs & in the 7th with 2 outs and both times, Hillsboro players made plays to keep the run from scoring.

Sounds to me like you flat got beat and don't want to admit it. If Barnett shut Franklin down, what's Francescon and Goodenow going to do?

Edited by 72owl

72owl, I know the difference between getting beat and beating yourself. I'm not sure you do. A team beats themselve generally when they commit 4 errors, walk 5 or 6, hit two and commit 3 unearned runs. That's how Franklin played last Wednesday.

On the other hand, it seems Independence showed you guys what a beating is and the last time I looked they do not have a single Senior playing.

72owl, I know the difference between getting beat and beating yourself. I'm not sure you do. A team beats themselve generally when they commit 4 errors, walk 5 or 6, hit two and commit 3 unearned runs. That's how Franklin played last Wednesday.

On the other hand, it seems Independence showed you guys what a beating is and the last time I looked they do not have a single Senior playing.

Did I say I had any affiliation with Hillsboro? I actually went to that game to watch Franklin. All I know is what I saw. What's your point about Independence? I know they have some talented sophomores & juniors and will be a team to be seriously reckoned with in the future. That's good to hear about Kuchar, BTW. He's a nice player. MY point is that this district is way more balanced than last year and anybody has a shot at anybody else on a given day.

Evidently, Hillsboro must be doing something right. I heard they beat McGavock & Tom Wright 2-0 today.

• 4 weeks later...