Liberty/McMinn Central

jndfan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected and have already admitted to it...Central actually hung for a half and then yall ran away with it...its a shame they just aren't that deep though...congrats to yall on a big win...and I hope you were somewhat impressed with East Tennessee Ball...imagine what we could have done with some depth...

Not impreesed at all and my imagination is not that good. :angry:

I was impressed....I've watched several of the top teams from that area this year and I'm impressed with a lot of things. One is the way they can shoot the lights out from the outside. They are fundemently coached....solid, and are very patient on the floor. I saw a lot of talent out there in the McMinn game. I would never take anything away from that kind of basketball team. The team that Mitchell beat to get to the championship game.....Goodpasture, was a tough team. I read somewhere on here that Mitchel took it easy on them....I disagree..... press Mitchell and the come apart. Because of their size....they get tired. Good pasture had time when the went after Mitchell....they kept it close that way.

Liberty is a very unique team.....the majority of those kids have played together all their lives, and coached by none other than Dexter Williams......even in middle school. We have a freshman....Ricky Williams that was coached under Dexter back in Middle school.....so with that said....this run could go on for a few more years at least.

Well, I appreciate those nice comments...I was truly wrong by saying Liberty's depth would not be a factor against McMinn Central...I was blown away by how deep they are...West TN Ball is a whole nother game...but the East can ball too...one thing I will admit though...competition out here is nothing compared to the west...

I will show a little class if you learn the game of basketball. :angry:

Don't show class because of me, show class because of the team that fought with all their heart and came up short...I gave your squad props...you could do the same cuz we did some good things...

Not impreesed at all and my imagination is not that good. :lol:

Wouldn't expect you to be you seem to know nothing about talent...

Well, I appreciate those nice comments...I was truly wrong by saying Liberty's depth would not be a factor against McMinn Central...I was blown away by how deep they are...West TN Ball is a whole nother game...but the East can ball too...one thing I will admit though...competition out here is nothing compared to the west...

Well..I'll have to admit.....I am very partial to the "Saders". We lost to Bolivar 3 times this past season...as everyone well knows. In those loses I feel that we beat ourselves in 2 of those games by not hitting our shots. We should have won the second game....had it won by five 15 seconds to go when the ref blew a charging call. It's on film....we got ripped by a ref, but if we had've hit our shots that wouldn't have been a factor. Not taking anything away from Bolivar, they had a great team this year....I really enjoyed watching Willie, and Wayne , and the boys play....but I think deep down inside even they know they didn't really beat Liberty....we beat ourself. The third game probably shouldn't even been played because of the death of the twins father....to many emotions for a game like that. But it must go on. I just don't see anybody in west Tenn. or across the river beating those kids....any time soon.

Again, congrats to yall, yall have an excellent team...I look for yall in the championship game next year...but I have heard whispers that Alcoa will be the team to beat from the east next year...I have heard rumors that they are very deep and will be talented next year...though if Liberty is as deep as they were this year, nobody will be beating them...

BluNWhiteH8Tribe........I've been waiting for this day since January. By the way, its amazing how many post you have on Coacht. Do you have a life? Anyway, I went back and found our conversation when I said that if McMinn Central played Bolivar (or any other West TN team that was good- Liberty Tech in this case) it would be a LAUGHER! I even said it might be worse than there beating they took from Ridgeway a few years back. Your response stated, that McMinn Central was a different team now, and Ridgeway had Mr. Byars (currently at Vanderbilt, formly at Virginia). My response was that Central still had the same coach, and the same style of play (jacking it up on offense, and depending on their athleticism on defense). BOY WAS I RIGHT! You seem to act like you know it all......it's time to EAT SOME CROW! Your lack of knowledge of the game of basketball was revealed when you said McMinn Central had a shot to win it. Like I said then, and I will say now "your an idiot".

As long as McMinn Central continues to schedule weak non-district opponents , and put more emphasis on offense than defense.....they will continue to make the state tournament because of more talent than most local AA teams, but not ever win a state championship.

By the way, I wish Beau the best, but he can't play mid or high D1. Anyone that watched him play in the state tournament had to see that. He is one to the worst defensive players I have ever seen, and he jacks up way too many 3's.... he really cant shoot at all. I would like to see his 3 pt. shooting percentage for the year. Blake Derrick out played Beau.

BluNWhiteH8Tribe........I've been waiting for this day since January. By the way, its amazing how many post you have on Coacht. Do you have a life? Anyway, I went back and found our conversation when I said that if McMinn Central played Bolivar (or any other West TN team that was good- Liberty Tech in this case) it would be a LAUGHER! I even said it might be worse than there beating they took from Ridgeway a few years back. Your response stated, that McMinn Central was a different team now, and Ridgeway had Mr. Byars (currently at Vanderbilt, formly at Virginia). My response was that Central still had the same coach, and the same style of play (jacking it up on offense, and depending on their athleticism on defense). BOY WAS I RIGHT! You seem to act like you know it all......it's time to EAT SOME CROW! Your lack of knowledge of the game of basketball was revealed when you said McMinn Central had a shot to win it. Like I said then, and I will say now "your an idiot".

As long as McMinn Central continues to schedule weak non-district opponents , and put more emphasis on offense than defense.....they will continue to make the state tournament because of more talent than most local AA teams, but not ever win a state championship.

By the way, I wish Beau the best, but he can't play mid or high D1. Anyone that watched him play in the state tournament had to see that. He is one to the worst defensive players I have ever seen, and he jacks up way too many 3's.... he really cant shoot at all. I would like to see his 3 pt. shooting percentage for the year. Blake Derrick out played Beau.

Yeah, this is just somethin to do...it wasn't really a laugher, it was a game for about a half and then Central just ran out of gas...I don't act like I know anything, I base everything I posts on numbers and what I see and I also take into account how well a team is playing at the time and try to project what they will do if they progress at that current rate...I'm willing to bet the only time you saw Central was when they were putting hurtings on your beloved Blue Raiders, who have been out of play for many weeks now...Central did not play well at all the entire state tournament...Central had a shot to win it and when it came right down to it, Liberty was just too deep...I wasn't really wrong as you continuously state...I said Central had a shot to win it...I never said they would win it...so it looks as if you are the idiot...Central has played a pretty consistent over the last few years with tough Christmas tournaments every year to see where exactly they are at...I will agree with you about scheduling tougher opponents...but I disagree with you when you said Beau can't play mid or high D1...like I said, he didn't have the well of a tournament...Beau did some great things this year and IMO, he is capable of playing at mid to high major D1...but thats just my oppinion...but if saying Central had a shot to win the state tournament makes me an idiot, then I'm guilty as charged...

Edited by BluNWhiteH8Tribe

Yeah, this is just somethin to do...it wasn't really a laugher, it was a game for about a half and then Central just ran out of gas...I don't act like I know anything, I base everything I posts on numbers and what I see and I also take into account how well a team is playing at the time and try to project what they will do if they progress at that current rate...I'm willing to bet the only time you saw Central was when they were putting hurtings on your beloved Blue Raiders, who have been out of play for many weeks now...Central did not play well at all the entire state tournament...Central had a shot to win it and when it came right down to it, Liberty was just too deep...I wasn't really wrong as you continuously state...I said Central had a shot to win it...I never said they would win it...so it looks as if you are the idiot...Central has played a pretty consistent over the last few years with tough Christmas tournaments every year to see where exactly they are at...I will agree with you about scheduling tougher opponents...but I disagree with you when you said Beau can't play mid or high D1...like I said, he didn't have the well of a tournament...Beau did some great things this year and IMO, he is capable of playing at mid to high major D1...but thats just my oppinion...but if saying Central had a shot to win the state tournament makes me an idiot, then I'm guilty as charged...

Yes, thats what I'm saying..........McMinn Central never had a shot to win state.......thats what I said a few months ago, and thats what I'm saying now. In my opinion, having a shot to win state means that a team is capable of beating anyone in the state (obviously in their classification). McMinn Central could not have beaten Bolivar, Mitchell, or Liberty......that was obvious if you watched any of those teams in the state. All I am saying is that you where talking all this stuff a few months ago about McMinn Central "having a chance to win state", and I told you then like I'm telling you now "no they do not have a chance." And yes, losing by 25+ is a "laugher"......just like the laugher a few years ago against Ridgeway.

And yes, I did watch McMinn Central play other than their games against Cleveland (Bearden tournament, McMinn County (both games), Region Tourney, and state tourney. And yes, McMinn Central beat Cleveland this year (I don't know if I would call it "putting hurtings on them"), CONGRATULATIONS.......ITS ABOUT TIME!

Like I said before, I wish Beau the best. I hope he makes to a mid to high major D1 school, but in my opinion he wasn't in the top 15-20 players at the state tournament. He has a long way to go in my opinion.

I think its great that you love your school, but when your wrong admit it!

Yes, thats what I'm saying..........McMinn Central never had a shot to win state.......thats what I said a few months ago, and thats what I'm saying now. In my opinion, having a shot to win state means that a team is capable of beating anyone in the state (obviously in their classification). McMinn Central could not have beaten Bolivar, Mitchell, or Liberty......that was obvious if you watched any of those teams in the state. All I am saying is that you where talking all this stuff a few months ago about McMinn Central "having a chance to win state", and I told you then like I'm telling you now "no they do not have a chance." And yes, losing by 25+ is a "laugher"......just like the laugher a few years ago against Ridgeway.

And yes, I did watch McMinn Central play other than their games against Cleveland (Bearden tournament, McMinn County (both games), Region Tourney, and state tourney. And yes, McMinn Central beat Cleveland this year (I don't know if I would call it "putting hurtings on them"), CONGRATULATIONS.......ITS ABOUT TIME!

Like I said before, I wish Beau the best. I hope he makes to a mid to high major D1 school, but in my opinion he wasn't in the top 15-20 players at the state tournament. He has a long way to go in my opinion.

I think its great that you love your school, but when your wrong admit it!

If I was wrong, believe me, I would have no problem admitting it...but if you are in the final 8, among the most elite in the state, you have as good a chance as anybody...anything happens come tournament time...as a fan of the game of basketball, I would hope you have come to know that by now...the defeat was by 23, not 25+ by the way...and Central actually hung for a half and a lil bit of the 3rd quarter and actually came back in the 4th but then Liberty just pulled away...I never predicted Central to win state...I did predict them to get there, but not win it...the least you could do was recognize the fact that they had a shot to win it...I thought Cleveland did some good things this year considering all the talent they lost from last year and I recognized it...you could do the same for my school...

If I was wrong, believe me, I would have no problem admitting it...but if you are in the final 8, among the most elite in the state, you have as good a chance as anybody...anything happens come tournament time...as a fan of the game of basketball, I would hope you have come to know that by now...the defeat was by 23, not 25+ by the way...and Central actually hung for a half and a lil bit of the 3rd quarter and actually came back in the 4th but then Liberty just pulled away...I never predicted Central to win state...I did predict them to get there, but not win it...the least you could do was recognize the fact that they had a shot to win it...I thought Cleveland did some good things this year considering all the talent they lost from last year and I recognized it...you could do the same for my school...

OK....your not going to admit it...thats fine. Congratulation to McMinn Central for getting to the final four. Let me remind you that my comments are based on things you have said about McMinn Central throughout the year. You thought they had a shot to win it, and I didn't. I thought my opinion was made a fact when Central got beat by 23 (excuse me...instead of 25+) to Liberty. I believe if Central played Liberty, Mitchell, or Bolivar 10 times each....they would lose all 10 games to each. I am not trying to bash McMinn Central, but I am totally in disagreement with your comments. I am agreeing to disagree.

Again, congrats of the final four.

Well at least we can agree on something, lol...you have your oppinion, I have mine...and for what its worth, good luck to your team next year, I think they will do much better...

Again, I must disagree......I'm still trying to figure out how Cleveland won 20 games this season, considering they had no post play..... they will lose 4 starters, and return 1 senior (Preston Scoggin) next year. They will go threw another year of not having any size, but next year that want have experienced guards. They could possibly be playing alot of freshmen and sophmores. So how do think they will do much better??????? Just wondering?????