grace eagles VS. union city tornadoes

bballchamps

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weddle is due for a hot game. Union City by 8. Union City was once a power house in basketball. I think Weddle restores some of that shine back in th program tommorrow.

Union City 68

Grace 60

Both teams can drop 3's all day, but I think Union City pulls away on foul shots with under 1:00 left in the fourth.

the part about the foul shots with under 1:00 left in the fourth sounds like it could very possibly be right to me as well, but it could very well go either way

I'm goin with union city big and this is why...U/C got beat by humbolt 3 out of 4 times and i believe that Humbolt had to much size and atleticism..Lake county killed humbolt this year because they match up with them better than U/C does..But L/C is a little big but not to big and that is the reason U/C did what they did to them this year and i believe that grace is alot like lake county besides thier not as atletic, but i believe Grace will play right in to the hands of Union City and the tornadoes will win this one running away....Good luck to both teams and i hope i"m wrong and we will all see a great game.

Davis Elderidge(did I spell it right?) is insane...Skogen being a Mr. Basketball Candidate instead of Elderidge is an atrocity...

I voted for Eldridge over Skogen and now that I've seen him here I feel good about my vote. I voted Weddle #1 and will stick with that though.

Alright, I don't know much about UC to be honest... i've seen them play once earlier this week, but i think the team they played against had never seen or touched a basketball before. I do know about Gracethough, it's tough to make a prediction for this one, but i think that when it comes down to it..it's gonna be very difficult to beat Grace who has 4 senior starters that will do everything humanly possible to win. and the other 6'10" kid will hold his own down low. If UC is hot outside, it will be tough for the eagles, b/c i don't think UC will be takin it inside too much. To be perfectly honest i think Humbolt was and Grace is better than UC. (but that doesn't always = a Win) Eagles by 8

I'm goin with union city big and this is why...U/C got beat by humbolt 3 out of 4 times and i believe that Humbolt had to much size and atleticism..Lake county killed humbolt this year because they match up with them better than U/C does..But L/C is a little big but not to big and that is the reason U/C did what they did to them this year and i believe that grace is alot like lake county besides thier not as atletic, but i believe Grace will play right in to the hands of Union City and the tornadoes will win this one running away....Good luck to both teams and i hope i"m wrong and we will all see a great game.

First off, I dont see a blowout. I tihnk Grace matches up better with Union City than they did Humboldt. You even mentioned how UC struggled with Humboldts size, Grace has more size than Humboldt.

Carter will have a shorter weaker guy on him, and Davis will be able to shoot over whoever is on him. Weddle will have a quick 6'3 guard on him (Van Horn).

Although Grace isnt as athletic as UC, they arent really slow (ask humboldt) and they arent really easy to run on because of their size.

If Grace controls the tempo like they did against Humboldt, Grace wins. If it turns into a track meet, UC wins.

Congrats to both teams for making it this far. You have done your schools and communities proud.

First off, I dont see a blowout. I tihnk Grace matches up better with Union City than they did Humboldt. You even mentioned how UC struggled with Humboldts size, Grace has more size than Humboldt.

Carter will have a shorter weaker guy on him, and Davis will be able to shoot over whoever is on him. Weddle will have a quick 6'3 guard on him (Van Horn).

Although Grace isnt as athletic as UC, they arent really slow (ask humboldt) and they arent really easy to run on because of their size.

If Grace controls the tempo like they did against Humboldt, Grace wins. If it turns into a track meet, UC wins.

Congrats to both teams for making it this far. You have done your schools and communities proud.

Well said....

Only thing i want is some justice. People want to make it out like west tennessee in single a basketball doesnt exsiste. Why i say that is because look at the rankings everyone ranks temple and grace ahead of anyone from west tennessee. I'm not just a lake county fan i'm a fan of west tennessee. I wrote on here with a cast of other people that district 14a is the best in single a and as of now my prodiction is right. People like commander said that we were blanced and he think that other teams like grace and temple and cobsy are better. Well and about the mcmasters kid i'm just sayin if your ranked number one in the state then you should back it up. I know it isnt his fault but it everyone that puts expection on him and he might not be ready for that yet. He might be the number one player in the state when he becomes a senior. But when you score 7 points and miss layups and your 6'10 i dont think that makes you the number one player in the state considering how tall someone is. He might have the potental to be that kind of player but he isnt right now. Ricky Taylor is a soph and he is in alot of people's mind the best soph in the state. And why are you considerin my age to be 8 because i'm a critic? Ok i'm hard on him but why isnt anyone talkin about a west tennessee player. And i can answer that for you you cant. Everyone has proformed to expectation and it's hard to bust on them. Good luck to grace and wayne co. but i'm rootin for union city and humboldt. i'm honest.

1. No, your prediction was wrong. Always wait to start talking like that. I was planning an defending Grace all day long, and then congratulating Humboldt in the win, since we all knew it was coming. If you thought Grace was gonna win, you need to start picking lottery numbers for me (and I will start playing the lottery.)

2. Any more stupid comments about Carter McMasters? Does you need ANOTHER tip-in slam to prove something to you?!

u guys no nothing . Humboldt will win it all. Because the pg of Grace baptist cant defend toylon smith. The post players cant touch ej epperson . Or the DEREK SAIN LOOK FOR A FIGHT BECAUSE WE WONT LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gET ready For the spankin of your life if i see there i will laugh in you face

You have egg on your face, and crow in your plate.

I can tell u will be crying after the game

Directions: Open mouth. Insert foot. Repeat as needed.

I hear somethin.....

WHAT IN THE WORLD......

OH NO IT CANT BE......

YEA THA VIKINES IN THA HOUSE

I think it means grace is in trouble

Still doin' good.

It's hard to keep up a 6-9 shooting pace from three land....

Humboldt was down by 16 points to Union City mid-way thru the 3rd quarter of one of the Vikings wins over UC.....

Awesome.

Come on Humboldt, shut Eldridge down. I was trying to cheer for Grace since they are a local school, but they wouldn't accept support from a public school. RRRRRRRRRackem Humboldt.

I think everyone in the Grace Community appreciates support from wherever it comes from, except if it comes from the Taliban. All I was saying was that usually people associated with public schools pull for other public schools when they are matched up with private schools. Public school support is awesome.

3:37 to go.......65-56 Grace Eaglets

Please keep calling the Golden Eagles the "Eaglets". You really shouldn't be bitter that they whooped your South Pittsburg "Wenches".

Any questions about who the REAL Mr. Basketball canidate from the east SHOULD have been? This is gonna be a great game. UC and Humboldt are very similar teams. Humboldt has a little more size and UC shoots the ball better. Should be a classic.

Bump.

Davis Elderidge(did I spell it right?) is insane...Skogen being a Mr. Basketball Candidate instead of Elderidge is an atrocity...

Atrocity? No.

Should Davis have had the nod? An emphatic YES,

I voted for Eldridge over Skogen and now that I've seen him here I feel good about my vote. I voted Weddle #1 and will stick with that though.

Ok.

Bump.

Edited by Grace Golden Eagles