grace eagles VS. union city tornadoes

bballchamps

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea who will win, and it's obvious that Union City has a great team. However, I'll be pulling for Grace. And not because of the East vs West thing. And not because Union City beat Cloudland. And not because Union City, should they win, would not be deserving; any team that's still playing is certainly deserving.

But I got to meet some of the Grace players and their Coach in the media room just after Unaka's championship. You could see the hurt, the disappointment, but they were so respectful, so dignified, and this, right after losing what was probably the biggest game of their lives.

Nothing but First Class young men. So, I hope that the players that were there, then, can experience the thrill of a State Championship. And if they win, I have no doubt they will conduct themselves just as impressively in victory as they did in defeat two seasons back.

First off, I dont see a blowout. I tihnk Grace matches up better with Union City than they did Humboldt. You even mentioned how UC struggled with Humboldts size, Grace has more size than Humboldt.

Carter will have a shorter weaker guy on him, and Davis will be able to shoot over whoever is on him. Weddle will have a quick 6'3 guard on him (Van Horn).

Although Grace isnt as athletic as UC, they arent really slow (ask humboldt) and they arent really easy to run on because of their size.

If Grace controls the tempo like they did against Humboldt, Grace wins. If it turns into a track meet, UC wins.

Congrats to both teams for making it this far. You have done your schools and communities proud.

The size thing won't matter.....If McMasters was a Wayne Chism or Jarvis Vanardo it might,but he's not....Not yet anyway...If a 6'10 guy can't dunk a tip-in then he really doesn't need to be playing....I wouldn't put too much stock in Xavier Robinson being a "shorter and weaker guy"...Van Horn and McMasters both fouled out against Humboldt chasing those quicker guys around....Union City will not be outcoached by Grace like Humboldt was....Union City is a better fundamental team than Humboldt...Union City got caught in games with Humboldt trying to run with the Vikings.....Had Humboldt had one of those days where they hit everything they throw up,as they have the last couple of weeks,Grace would not have beaten them...But they didn't...That's the beauty of the state tournament....Had Humboldt came out in the second half and worked for good shots,instead of chunking up 30 footers,they would have cut that 13 point lead down and won the game...They pannicked and that's coaching...But,you know what they say about woulda,coulda,shoulda....Remember,the best team doesn't always win..It's been said many times on here this week.....Grace WAS the better team on Friday though....

I think Union City and Grace will play a great game today....Lot of traditon that Union City brings to the table,going for their 4th state basketball championship...The Union City crowd will be there loud and strong....Union City has been behind one time this tournament..I'm sure they won't go the entire game today with the lead,but I do think they will win.....M.Weddle is due another one of those 30+ games,but personally,if Weddle scores about 25 and Brown,Robinson and Mosely hit for double figures and Union City hits their avg of 75 points or higher,I see Union City bringing home the Gold Ball.....

My prediction....Union City 77

Grace Baptist 71

First off, I dont see a blowout. I tihnk Grace matches up better with Union City than they did Humboldt. You even mentioned how UC struggled with Humboldts size, Grace has more size than Humboldt.

Carter will have a shorter weaker guy on him, and Davis will be able to shoot over whoever is on him. Weddle will have a quick 6'3 guard on him (Van Horn).

Although Grace isnt as athletic as UC, they arent really slow (ask humboldt) and they arent really easy to run on because of their size.

If Grace controls the tempo like they did against Humboldt, Grace wins. If it turns into a track meet, UC wins.

Congrats to both teams for making it this far. You have done your schools and communities proud.

I dont care what anybody says.........this is a classy post.

Some people need to take notes.

1. Yes, Union City did get their butt whooped against Trousdale County in football (go Jackets), but what does that have to do with basketball vs. Grace? But hey I like it anyways! :thumb:

2. The 6 10 guy from Grace the number one player in the state? That's silly.....But not being able to dunk.....Um, clearly false.....

3. You are correct. The team Union City played in the first round (Cloudland) was at the wrong gym.

4. Union City by single digits :ph34r:

Grace by 10. Eldridge has proven that no one can stop him. People told other teams on here that he was the one to look out for and they still couldn't do anything to stop him. Carter will alter so many shots. Grace will play more control basketball and UC won't just be running off of turnovers and getting easy baskets. Grace will make them have to set up in half court and force them to play smart basketball and that will be the end of UC.

Edited by burgandyandyellowforever

Davis Elderidge(did I spell it right?) is insane...Skogen being a Mr. Basketball Candidate instead of Elderidge is an atrocity...

Too bad your an idiot fan and not someone with an opinion that matters- skogen is a better player than eldridge - the state thought so - but I guess we should go with what you think (and the unbiased grace fans right?)

Sorry RednWhite, Edridge isn't near as good a rackball player as Weddle. He is an outstanding player who knows how to take the ball to the rack when ever he wants too.

Two things that Kills " SPEED & DEFENSE " . Grace didn't have the speed, scoring ability, bench or coaching ability to over come what Union City had to offer. Anytime you coach against a coach who had ( 4 ) Gold balls in his pocket ( 1 - Kenton H. S & 3 - Union City ( Now 4 ) he has the upper hand. We ALL knew in Union City and even west Tenessee that with the Sisco family coaching our team it would take much more than any single A team had to offer to beat U C.,

Great Job Union City for winning the GOLD Ball.

Grace by 10. Eldridge has proven that no one can stop him. People told other teams on here that he was the one to look out for and they still couldn't do anything to stop him. Carter will alter so many shots. Grace will play more control basketball and UC won't just be running off of turnovers and getting easy baskets. Grace will make them have to set up in half court and force them to play smart basketball and that will be the end of UC.

You might want to take those burgandyandyellow glasses off......Way to come out of the gate with a post that was pretty much wrong.....

Welcome to CoachT.....Don't be a stranger .... :angry:

Grace..... by -16

Union City scored many points off turnovers

When Union City was "made" to play a halfcourt game,they did pretty well....

Smart basketball???...Please

Give it up to Nate Coleman......Five three pointers all season...He had FOUR in the second quarter....114 yards on 14 carries in the state football championship and 12 points on 4 of 5 threes and 1 point off his career high of 13 points...Kid comes on pretty good when the championship lights come on.....