Harrison Smith (Knoxville Catholic)

Dennis Rogan (Fulton)

Jake Reeder (Livingston Academy)

Matt Elrod (David Lipscomb)

Randall Toney (Station Camp)

Dont'a Hightower (Marshall Co.)

Sam Edgmon (Giles Co.)

Guest catfish-hunter

O.K. Harrison smith is good but he doesn't have half the athleticism as Dennis Rogan so technically Rogan is better tha smith, but smith is definitely second.

I wasn't ranking those guys I was just making a list as they popped up in my head. Rogan and Smith are both great backs whose teams should advance deep into the playoffs this year. In fact right now I have a Knoxville Catholic-Fulton matchup taking place in the quarterfinals of the playoffs this upcoming November.

I'll stay away from that argument and create a new one by saying that the best back in Class 3A is Matt Elrod from David Lipscomb.

FALCON...your post about smith not being half the ATH as rogan....COME ON Harrison is a white kid that vertical leaps 38 inches...if thats not athleticism what is???I know rogan does not have a 38 inch vertical...and if Harrison isn't that athletic than why on every recruiting board and college board hes pinned as an ATHLETE!!!! Rogan is straight RB... Sorry if I got anyone off topic...just had to make a point

just a ? There were 3 GREAT running backs in region 2-3A Dennis Rogan, Wesley smith, and Harrison smith. If you give them all the same O-lines who is the better back?

Hard to answer that one but you left someone out--- running/quarterback Wilson Cates of the 2005 State Champion LA Wildcats!!! 1500 yds. rushing from QB! Would have been a treat to see him at tailback just one game!!

I agree that Rogan is a stud. What about Carter? Don't they have a couple of good backs?

I saw Rogan and Smith go head to head last yr with the season on the line and Smith won. I don't mean just on the last play but on several plays during that game. He also beat him 3 times on the last drive.