Shelbyville vs Hamilton

mjuhb

I sure saw him at what he thought was the end of the game, pouting on the bench while his assistants worked the huddle. I am from West Tenn. He needs some emotional discipline. It was a clear foul!

i will agree to that it was a clear foul, but will defend a bit on the emotion and here comes my book lol. putting oneself in a coaches mind. in a bad angle from his position from the bench to the other end opposite corner. i can only see my players hand on top of the ball and the horn blows, and what a relief we are state champs 39 - 0 and the players start coming my way cheering and bench clearing off and then wham the ref comes out of nowhere (from my coaching eyes) saying theres a foul. all the pressure that just left is now back on and i am thinking i'm receiving a screw job by the officials, i was calm about the walk off the rebound, i was calm off the step out of bounds, enough is enough a disciplinarian coach (at least the ones i know) tells his players that it's his job to fight for them with the refs. so it's at that time he shows his emotions. it was smart for him to stay out of the huddle at that time because he was not thinking clearly (as most would not be) letting his assts. keep the team calm. and i also thought it was a good job by the refs for not calling any technical fouls because of the situation and the thought by hamilton that they had won (can't believe i said good job by refs).

so after that book i wrote i hope you can see how anyone can react in that manner. but did you notice he rebounded after the tip and was calm and coaching again instead of just sitting and pouting as you say. i would say he had emotional discipline. not trying to stir just saying that i'm proud of hamilton because they are a class act and represent tennessee well.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will agree to that it was a clear foul, but will defend a bit on the emotion and here comes my book lol. putting oneself in a coaches mind. in a bad angle from his position from the bench to the other end opposite corner. i can only see my players hand on top of the ball and the horn blows, and what a relief we are state champs 39 - 0 and the players start coming my way cheering and bench clearing off and then wham the ref comes out of nowhere (from my coaching eyes) saying theres a foul. all the pressure that just left is now back on and i am thinking i'm receiving a screw job by the officials, i was calm about the walk off the rebound, i was calm off the step out of bounds, enough is enough a disciplinarian coach (at least the ones i know) tells his players that it's his job to fight for them with the refs. so it's at that time he shows his emotions. it was smart for him to stay out of the huddle at that time because he was not thinking clearly (as most would not be) letting his assts. keep the team calm. and i also thought it was a good job by the refs for not calling any technical fouls because of the situation and the thought by hamilton that they had won (can't believe i said good job by refs).

so after that book i wrote i hope you can see how anyone can react in that manner. but did you notice he rebounded after the tip and was calm and coaching again instead of just sitting and pouting as you say. i would say he had emotional discipline. not trying to stir just saying that i'm proud of hamilton because they are a class act and represent tennessee well.

I did notice....Good post! Thanks! I feel better.

You should be proud of Hamilton. Your coach had on a different kind of shirt...LOL,I need to get one. ..... Congrats on your win. Great final game. Glad folks across Tn got to see it on TV.

Last time I checked 0.0 seconds left means game over, if your fouled after that I believe it doesn't count correct?

Backboard light has to flash to indicate when time hs expired. You could not tell if it did from the broadcast angle. Anyway it was a great game, SCHS made me a believer because I went as a big doubter. Great season, great coaching, and very classy KT is. Congrats to Hamilton as well. Some of the ref's calls down the many stretches this game had were incredulous. Jump balls instead of pushes (since over the back is not a call), the step on the line debacle, etc. Anyhow, very exciting and unexpected. I came away well entertained. :angry:

Guest TheSolidOne101188

Backboard light has to flash to indicate when time hs expired. You could not tell if it did from the broadcast angle. Anyway it was a great game, SCHS made me a believer because I went as a big doubter. Great season, great coaching, and very classy KT is. Congrats to Hamilton as well. Some of the ref's calls down the many stretches this game had were incredulous. Jump balls instead of pushes (since over the back is not a call), the step on the line debacle, etc. Anyhow, very exciting and unexpected. I came away well entertained. :angry:

Im just going by the refs saying there is 0.0 seconds left. If the foul happened before the buzzer than there should at least be 0.1 seconds left.

those officials need their license revoked....the tssaa need to pick quality referees for the state tournament because it getting out of hand.....Hamilton beat 5 shelbyville players plus 3 referees opps I mean 3 cheating boy's in stripe shirts....Go Hamilton great season....Hamilton was like Tupac today with Hamiton against the world..... :angry:

Very well stated, IceCold.

I'm so infuriated at the "hose" job that the refs put on Hamilton that (I'm sorry) I just can't help but speak out--over & over & over... It reminds me of the USA Basketball loss (THEFT) to the old Soviet Union, way back in the day, where the officials just kept coming up with imaginary calls, to enable the S.U. to win the game.

To preserve the integrity of the game, TSSAA really needs to step up and hold these refs accountable! This kind of attempted "highway-robbery" can't be allowed to stand.