AA State Champs

bigreid

Mitchell was tired. I said it before the game....Mitchell had not played a team that gives 110% for 32 minutes. They werent getting back on d in the first half, but they were fresh and BP was on fire. It become to much for them, becuase Liberty runs the whole game.

When Liberty made that big run Mitchell could barely breath. 1 play sticks out to me. #2 for Mitchell ( I forget his name) was gasping for air and had his hands on his hips on Liberty's end of the floor. The Crusaders ran down the floor, set a lil screen. and passed to Zach Williams in the corner for 3. He was #2's guy to defend on the switch, but he couldnt make it over to him because he was tired. Little things like that happend all game.

And 27 turnovers by Mitchell is because of that Liberty style of play. They get you tired and out of sync. Happened every game they played in this tournament.

Edited by PrepFanatic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchell was tired. I said it before the game....Mitchell had not played a team that gives 110% for 32 minutes. They werent getting back on d in the first half, but they were fresh and BP was on fire. It become to much for them, becuase Liberty runs the whole game.

When Liberty made that big run Mitchell could barely breath. 1 play sticks out to me. #2 for Mitchell ( I forget his name) was gasping for air and had his hands on his hips on Liberty's end of the floor. The Crusaders ran down the floor, set a lil screen. and passed to Zach Williams in the corner for 3. He was #2's guy to defend on the switch, but he couldnt make it over to him because he was tired. Little things like that happend all game.

And 27 turnovers by Mitchell is because of that Liberty style of play. They get you tired and out of sync. Happened every game they played in this tournament.

We seen that happen all season......we (Liberty fans) knew a teams endurance by how many people had their hands on their knees in the 2nd quarter of any game. I haven't seen a team this season or in the tournaments that can run with them.

Edited by P.A.Lin-Z

That sounds about right! Heck, I'm guessing...Thad probably took only 5 or 6 shots the entire 2nd-half!

No disrespect, but Liberty did absolutely nothing to contribute to Thad's lack of 2nd-half production, trust me! Mitchell's Coach (and nobody else) gets exclusive honors for that stunning development.

We won it far and square, yes Young didn't produce, but Liberty's defense had a lot to do with that, because Young did miss a lot of shots due to pressure applied to him. Quit trying to take this away from us, just be happy for us because we did an excellent job yesturday. WE HAVE THE GOLD BALL AND WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR TO PROVE OURSELVES AGAIN BECAUSE I'M GUESSING THE DOUBTERS STILL DOUBT!

Edited by lilromane

THANKS...I NOW BELIEVE THAT BOLIVAR HAS SOME CLASSY PEOPLE THERE. ALL I EVER WANTED FROM THE RILVARY IS RESPECT, WHEN IT WAS DUE.

LIKE I RESPECT YOU GUYS. AND WE WILL BE LOOKING FOWARD TO SWEATING IT OUT IN YOUR GYM.

Me and you were hashing it out a lil bit on the Central/Liberty board, but I have alot of respect for you all...congratulations on your state championship...and you all can get another one next year as well...

We won it far and square, yes Young didn't produce, but Liberty's defense had a lot to do with that, because Young did miss a lot of shots due to pressure applied to him. Quit trying to take this away from us, just be happy for us because we did an excellent job yesturday. WE HAVE THE GOLD BALL AND WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR TO PROVE OURSELVES AGAIN BECAUSE I'M GUESSING THE DOUBTERS STILL DOUBT!

No offense to Liberty, but their defense had nothing to do with Thad scoring 1 point in the second half...Thad was on the low block the entire first half...I think when he got moved from the low block to the point in the second half, that was Mitchell's undoing...he wasn't able to produce at that position, plain and simple...

Me and you were hashing it out a lil bit on the Central/Liberty board, but I have alot of respect for you all...congratulations on your state championship...and you all can get another one next year as well...

No offense to Liberty, but their defense had nothing to do with Thad scoring 1 point in the second half...Thad was on the low block the entire first half...I think when he got moved from the low block to the point in the second half, that was Mitchell's undoing...he wasn't able to produce at that position, plain and simple...

I see somebody's mad that their player didnt get MVP. Just face it, Liberty's defense stepped it up and created a ton of turnovers. Thadeus got frustrated and wasn't able to produce. But you can have your opinion, but I know what really happened.

I know that Jewuan Long did a great job guarding Thad, and I noticed that later on, when Dexter realized that Powell was HOT, he then put Jewuan on him........notice he went cold after that. Red showed some offense last night but the kid can play some good D too. One of the differences in the second half was that 6'6 Josh Sain and Devon Jones started gaurding Thad Young, this closed the gap on his height advantage and he just wasn't able to penetrate and shoot over guys like he did in the first half. I wouldn't solely place the blame on Mitchell's coach and you do have to give Liberty's D some credit for not allowing Thad to show up in the second half. It's just as much Thad's fault as anyone elses...........true champions rise to the occasion and want the ball in their hands with the game on the line, he should have demanded the ball when the final seconds were ticking away.

Edited by jndfan

Guest catfish-hunter

I was really impressed with #5 for Liberty. That kid is lights out from downtown. They turned up the pressure in the second half and Mitchell did take their best player, who did dominate on the block in the first half, right out of the game by putting him at PG.

Guest dare_2_dream

I was really impressed with #5 for Liberty. That kid is lights out from downtown. They turned up the pressure in the second half and Mitchell did take their best player, who did dominate on the block in the first half, right out of the game by putting him at PG.

#5 had a very nice shot on him. he was the spark that liberty needed for the comeback.

I see somebody's mad that their player didnt get MVP. Just face it, Liberty's defense stepped it up and created a ton of turnovers. Thadeus got frustrated and wasn't able to produce. But you can have your opinion, but I know what really happened.

Thad is not my player, I am a McMinn Central Fan, I am just stating facts...honestly, if you know anything about basketball, listen to what I am saying...in the first half, Thad was on the low block and was virtually unstoppable...am I right or am I wrong, be honest, don't say you're wrong just because you are in love with Liberty, be unbiased...in the second half, he got moved to point guard and thus he had one point in the second half...switching positions can affect your output...if you knew anything about basketball, then you would know that...

Guest dare_2_dream

Thad is not my player, I am a McMinn Central Fan, I am just stating facts...honestly, if you know anything about basketball, listen to what I am saying...in the first half, Thad was on the low block and was virtually unstoppable...am I right or am I wrong, be honest, don't say you're wrong just because you are in love with Liberty, be unbiased...in the second half, he got moved to point guard and thus he had one point in the second half...switching positions can affect your output...if you knew anything about basketball, then you would know that...

I agree the decision to move Thad was kind of odd, but the starting PG was in foul trouble most of the game and fouled out in the second half. While I'm not a Mitchell expert, I know Thad can handle the ball very well for his size. It take away from Thads production which in return took away from Brandons production. With Thad on the outside they didnt have to help down which opened Brandon up for some 3's. So not only did it hurt Thad, it hurt Brandon along with the rest of Mitchell.

I agree the decision to move Thad was kind of odd, but the starting PG was in foul trouble most of the game and fouled out in the second half. While I'm not a Mitchell expert, I know Thad can handle the ball very well for his size. It take away from Thads production which in return took away from Brandons production. With Thad on the outside they didnt have to help down which opened Brandon up for some 3's. So not only did it hurt Thad, it hurt Brandon along with the rest of Mitchell.

I'm glad somebody sees the point I am trying to make lol