AA MR BASKETBALL

BIGWEBB

Willie did about as much as you can do in High School. State Tourney MVP, Mr. Basketball, Two State Rings. Heck of a High School career. Talked to him on this week and he is really focused on Memphis right now. Thanks Willie for all you have done for our program and just giving the people of Bolivar something to talk about and look forward too. You will be missed.

BTW, that award gives Bolivar 5 Mr. Basketball finalist and 2 winners. Just something to think about for people who think our program is on the decline. <_<

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thad, Willie, & Wayne are all exceptional ball players...its a shame this award can only goto one person...I bet the selection committee had a heckuva time with this one...

Truhoops, I bet they had a hard time too!!!

We've all been very fortunate in this area to have the type of talent we've had recently. In all teams, for the most part!

I wish ALL these guys the best! I can't wait to watch 'em on TV and take the kids to the occasional game0s!!! They're crazy about those guys!

Congrats to Willie on getting AA Mr. Basketball. He deserved the award after leading his team to back-to-back state titles in 04 and 05 and also getting state tourney MVP last year. Willie's talent should carry him far and him being a "floor general" should too. Willie's also a class act on the floor. Good luck to him at Memphis and potentially the NBA.

Guest dare_2_dream

Man, I know you didn't ask me specifically, but Willie's best feature has got to be controlling the floor. I mean that joker RUNS the floor!

That's why I'll miss him next year.

he is an incredible ballhandler as well. he makes breaking presses look like childs play.

Willie's a pass first PG that makes plays and see's the floor as good as any player I've ever seen......and he gets a loaded Memphis team to play with. I think his streak of playing well into March is going to continue.

I do not think that he is a pass first PG. He is a great decison-maker!! He will shoot when he need to, pass when he needs to, or just simply take over the game when it is necessary!! He is very cerbal and has a high basketball IQ!!

I do not think that he is a pass first PG. He is a great decison-maker!! He will shoot when he need to, pass when he needs to, or just simply take over the game when it is necessary!! He is very cerbal and has a high basketball IQ!!

AND PrepFanatic's

"Willie's a pass first PG that makes plays and see's the floor as good as any player I've ever seen......"

You know, you're both right really.

But he is a great decision maker on the floor and can take the game over when he needs to. VERY few times when he hasn't done it and heck---nobody's absolutely perfect! Not even Willie! ;)

Uh...so you're both right???

Edited by firefulmer