Columbia Central Lions

FOOTBALL81

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b] Until you get a coach that believes in discipline and pratices what he preaches Columbia will never be a football powerhouse. There is some talent, but the total lack of discipline destroys that. On top of that there is some drug use going on by the players that seems to go unnoticed by the coaches. It's not a good situation down there from what I've heard. I was told that quite a few of the middle school players from Witthorne are going to private schools to play ball just to get away from the high school situation.

That school should be a major powerhouse as large as it is and it's a shame it's in the situation it is with the football team. I have heard complaints by the parents to the administration and higher have fallen on deaf ears.

[/b] Until you get a coach that believes in discipline and pratices what he preaches Columbia will never be a football powerhouse. There is some talent, but the total lack of discipline destroys that. On top of that there is some drug use going on by the players that seems to go unnoticed by the coaches. It's not a good situation down there from what I've heard. I was told that quite a few of the middle school players from Witthorne are going to private schools to play ball just to get away from the high school situation.

That school should be a major powerhouse as large as it is and it's a shame it's in the situation it is with the football team. I have heard complaints by the parents to the administration and higher have fallen on deaf ears.

I really liked it last year at smyrna when some of Columbias players parents were on the sidelines behind the team. There were also others standing by the fence and players were going over during the game and talking with them!! I sensed a wealth of skill player talent with little team discipline and when the talent was equal or better on the other side they had nothing to fall back on. The games they won I did not see but I would bet it was due to out talenting the other team.

Big School........good athletes year in and year out......always underachieve...

It's been that way for many years...always thought Columbia could be a powerhouse.

What is the main problem there, does anyone know? I would like to see Central win with all the athletes they do have. I think they have the potential to be a powerhouse. :thumb:

What is the main problem there, does anyone know? I would like to see Central win with all the athletes they do have. I think they have the potential to be a powerhouse. :unsure:

Again, it is the total lack of discipline that keeps them from being a winning team. Yes, the athletes are there and have been for years. Their middle school has gone undefeated for many years so the athletes are definitely there. To win you must have discipline. Weak coaching along with the lack of discipline has kept Columbia Central where it is. I was told that the administration will not listen to the parents complaints so therefore things will remain as they are. It is a sad situation to see a big school with good athletes not be any more than they are. Things will continue as they always have and more and more kids out of the middle school will go the private direction if they can afford it to play football.

What is the main problem there, does anyone know? I would like to see Central win with all the athletes they do have. I think they have the potential to be a powerhouse. :unsure:

The discipline is a problem I'm sure, but I think it comes down to putting the effort into having and maintaining a good, solid program. The facilities are horrible for a 5A school. The weight room and locker room are pathetic, and they play their games at the local park. There is no sense of stability. I think most coaches at Central do not get along and there are too many of them trying to be the head coach. I would love to see Columbia win, always have. But, until some things get ironed out, they will always be mediocre no matter how many athletes they have.

Every year that Franklin plays Central they are in a different defense on every film. Sometimes they are in 30,40,50, or 60. Multiple fronts is one thing but confusion on your defense is another. This has to do with the stability problems posted earlier. Have they had a few different defensive coordinators or is it the same one guessing at what defenses to play. Either way they have not worked. But good luck to Columbia to whatever changes they need to make. See you in the fall.

It's the same defensive coordinator that they have had for quite a few years. There is a lot of turmoil in the program apparently. Talked with a few guys at lunch that know the program better than I do. They said that it is a big problem with the coaches not getting along. In fact in one game they had one of their coaches, Duncan, go after another coach on the sidelines with his fist up ready to fight. This was during a ballgame! The head coach is apparently really weak and plays favorites with his coaches as well as his players which in turn creates more turmoil. It's just not a good situation.

HUCKFINN is very correct about the facilities being pathetic. I heard lots of talk about that during lunch. It's just not a solid program and never will be until you get total support from the administration down, upgrade the facilities, and bring in an entirely new coaching staff that works together, disciplines the players, and brings total respect to the team.

It's the same defensive coordinator that they have had for quite a few years. There is a lot of turmoil in the program apparently. Talked with a few guys at lunch that know the program better than I do. They said that it is a big problem with the coaches not getting along. In fact in one game they had one of their coaches, Duncan, go after another coach on the sidelines with his fist up ready to fight. This was during a ballgame! The head coach is apparently really weak and plays favorites with his coaches as well as his players which in turn creates more turmoil. It's just not a good situation.

HUCKFINN is very correct about the facilities being pathetic. I heard lots of talk about that during lunch. It's just not a solid program and never will be until you get total support from the administration down, upgrade the facilities, and bring in an entirely new coaching staff that works together, disciplines the players, and brings total respect to the team.

Get your story straight if you are going to post on someone. There were no fists drawn, and as for the head coach you do not have a clue of what your talking about. So until you become a head coach or know what is going on, quit posting!!!!

Get your story straight if you are going to post on someone. There were no fists drawn, and as for the head coach you do not have a clue of what your talking about. So until you become a head coach or know what is going on, quit posting!!!!

Thanks for the laugh of the day!! A quote directly from Coach Duncan himself so my sources tell me! Too funny!

Columbia football is a joke so get over it. People down there DO know what is going on and it is sad! I won't waste my time posting on this topic anymore anyway.