Why is the West so dominant?

wayne co. beat us by 13 and union city beat them by 19...is that supposed to be relevant.....humboldt beat you guys by 10 then humboldt lost to grace by 11...then you guys beat grace...so that stat means nothing

It's not relavent when you are blind to the facts......

Don't compare Culleoka with Humboldt........

What that stat meant was if a Wayne County can beat your Culleoka by 13 points it would be safe to say that Union City would have done what they wanted with Culleoka.....But,C-oka is irrelavent because they were not at Murfreesboro...

Actually UC beat Humboldt by 7,then lost by 5,10 and 3...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this isn't dominance,I don't know what is....

West teams played 11 games vs the middle and east.....

West was 9-2 in those games....

In eight of those wins the west won by double digits....

The west won by an average of 15 points per game in those 11 matchups...

The only wins were by Grace over Humboldt and Shelbyville over Raleigh-Egypt

The only other games the west loss(in 2A)was when west played west..

Bolivar-Mitchell(Mitchell +4 in OT)

Liberty-Haywood(Liberty +9)

Mitchell-Liberty(State Championship)

The west dispatched of TWO #1's....

Humboldt by 20 over Cosby and Liberty by 23 over McMinn.....

The last 6 state champions have been west teams....

10 out of the last 12 teams to compete for a title are from the west....

DOMINATION???..Yea,I think you could say that... :rolleyes:

Edited by backinthaoc

i dont see a 1 point win in AAA dominant...ill agree in AA they were dominant ive said that all year....in single A they werent dominant either..maybe union city would have been a little more tired if they didnt have to play their starters for 30 sec. against cloudland....i know their talented and they won all three but they by no means "dominated the state tourney"...they dominated AA...and won a title in A and AAA...they didnt dominate those two classes

Do you actually believe what you are saying? Union City dominated the Single A Championship this year. I really don't understand how you can say they didn't. Furthermore they had to play in the toughest single A district/region in the state. I am not from Union City and could care less if they won or not, but facts are facts!

Do you actually believe what you are saying? Union City dominated the Single A Championship this year. I really don't understand how you can say they didn't. Furthermore they had to play in the toughest single A district/region in the state. I am not from Union City and could care less if they won or not, but facts are facts!

Believe me,the hardest part was getting there....

Union City didn't win their district regular season championship,the district tournament championship or the region tournament championship......Coming in second,third and second respectively...

Wanna Know? Come to Guy B.Amis, Muse, T.R. White or Denmark on Sundays and find out.

Been awhile since I lived in Jackson......Graduated HS in 90 and moved away in 92.....do they still have the Midnight League in the Summer at TR White? Played in that one and LOVED it. Nothing like playing ball at 2 in the morning in 88 degree heat and 100% humidity.

I lived in West TN most my life and coached some in East TN......basketball is looked at differently in those two places. You don't find a ton of places to play in the East like you do in the West.

Used to be--and it seemed like things were changing when I left TN....the coaching in the East was, for the most part (not in all cases of course...but, generally) was superior to that in the West while the sheer basketball talent was better in the West. Is that still the case? Maybe. Dunno. I'm too far removed to give a good answer.