Oakland Football

ya i know coach ferg personally and he strives to make his players good citizens that suceed after they graduate

Thank you Big Dust for saying that. He truly loves and cares about the players and their futures. That is why I continue to support him and OHS....b/c he was there for my son not only in the good times but also in bad times. If my son needed him right this second, I know he would be there for him.

It is not an easy transition to make from a popular asst coach to a hard-nosed HC. It requires a different frame of mind. I really think that Coach Ferg has NOW been able to understand and to achieve that.

Edited by 2priceless

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Big Dust for saying that. He truly loves and cares about the players and their futures. That is why I continue to support him and OHS....b/c he was there for my son not only in the good times but also in bad times. If my son needed him right this second, I know he would be there for him.

It is not an easy transition to make from a popular asst coach to a hard-nosed HC. It requires a different frame of mind. I really think that Coach Ferg has NOW been able to understand and to achieve that.

hey 2p can you PM me?

dont have a good QB losing Cord Cowin,Josh Fleming,Sam Youree, and many others i just dont see the talent to be great i say they have a season like last year

Don't have a good QB!? Tyler Burnett was one of the best in the midstate. Also they do have 19 returning starters. They now have alot of experience. Also Cord Cowan and Josh Fleming didn't contribute as most people thought they would. And one player doesn't make or break a team. Sam Youree can be replaced.

Don't have a good QB!? Tyler Burnett was one of the best in the midstate. Also they do have 19 returning starters. They now have alot of experience. Also Cord Cowan and Josh Fleming didn't contribute as most people thought they would. And one player doesn't make or break a team. Sam Youree can be replaced.

He is quite correct. Sam is the only one that saw significant playing time with Bass. Cord would have but for the ankle injury, and Josh was a second string receiver. We now have the players to replenish thr ranks in all postions. Good teams are good because they have players that step up and make plays and we have those.

Ok folk....Cord Cowan was injured in the WC game. I thought until that point he had played pretty well. Was he the best athlete on the field tho? No. It was unfortunate, but we did manage to beat Lebanon w/o him. Fleming, yeah he got in the Elite 22 at the Combine, but he wasn't the top receiver at OHS . Youree was the top receiver with Blissard after him number -wise. As for Tyler, he threw for over 1,000 yds. For a 2-8 team, that isn't too shabby.

Last season we had a lot of internal issues....with some dire consequences coming out of them.

Is there life after Sam? Yes, I definitely think so. I think we have several receivers that can and will step up . Will we miss Sam? Yes......will we roll over and quit b/c he left? Certainly not. I think this crew on the team right now may have the best attitudes and drive since that scrappy 2002 team.......or the team of 98.

There will always be doubters...the key is to want to prove them wrong. I think we have the kids that can do just that.

He is quite correct. Sam is the only one that saw significant playing time with Bass. Cord would have but for the ankle injury, and Josh was a second string receiver. We now have the players to replenish thr ranks in all postions. Good teams are good because they have players that step up and make plays and we have those.

i dont agree with the Burnett as one of the top QB's in the Mid State and Josh was a starting Safety and ya Cord was a good player too bad the injury came up and i heard he is going to go play football for Memphis next year i havent been able to ask him myself becuase i havent seen him lately but is there any truth to that