How do we get fans to come to the games?

RHSInsidePitch

It all depends on the school. I've noticed in 11AAA, we tend to outnumber the HOME teams at baseball games. Except Brentwood. They have large crowds. I'm guessing that some fan bases just don't come to games.

We have a large student section that attends our home games. We also have a lot of adults that come, that do not have family playing. We really don't do much to attract anyone other than low season ticket prices.

Now, we do have a nice stadium that can hold a lot of folks. But that doesn't answer why Riverdale has low crowds. That have chairbacks!

Advertising helps us out. The local paper announces upcoming games. As well as our website. We try to get the word out to the schools when our home games are.

Maybe when it warms up, the fans will come.

Riverdale with a small crowd? If we are small i would love to see your crowds! we almost always outnumber our opponenets crowd home or away i am proud of the support at Riverdale. We do allow the kids to get in free most of them sit out in right feild though but we allow them in free a season ticket for an adult is only $10 and we put a winning product on the field i saw a game at riverdale in one of our tournaments We werent playing and i bet one team had 10 fans there and the other had about 15-20 so i do agree with you about poor attendance at baseball games as a whole but i dont think Riverdale is on of those teams with weak attendance

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People won't come right now because it is to cold. Plus it doesn't help that March Madness is going on right now and a lot of people have interest in that. But i agree with whoever posted earlier that said WIN :unsure:

EASY ONE The same way football and basketball do it.....

It is one word and starts with a c

Cheerleaders :D

EASY ONE The same way football and basketball do it.....

It is one word and starts with a c

Cheerleaders B)

Add some good hot dogs and chili :lol:

I agree with whoever said they don't it is interesting. And the cheerleaders. And it beein so cold. There are so many things that make High School baseball non-enjoyable for the fan. Yea, it's cold and at 4:30, but I think Baseball is the greatest game ever to be played but if it was more like 80 or 75 outside alot more people would attend for sure.

Guest Cutters Crazies

I go to Riverdales because they have the best cheese sticks ever, great hot chocolate for this time of year some mean nachos, and not bad baseball

I go to Riverdales because they have the best cheese sticks ever, great hot chocolate for this time of year some mean nachos, and not bad baseball

:thumb:

Some very good comments, opinions, an suggestions on this topic. At the Warren County/Riverdale game last night, I counted 28 Warren County fans and about 100 Riverdale fans. Not too bad for a cold night. Plenty of hot chocolate and coffee was consumed. Small portable propane heaters are the latest "Gotta have"

early in the season.

Baseball, like football, is played outdoors. However football games are "special". Not counting playoff games there are only 5 games in the fall. They are usually at the same time, on the same day. Football has been long-established as a community event.

In most communities baseball doesn't have that kind of stature. Because baseball season starts (and ends) so early, a lot of the season is played in worse weather than what we experience in football. By playing so early in the day you rule out a lot of casual fans. In my case my son no longer plays in high school. I cannot justify taking off from work just to see a game anymore. My son's former high school always played the varsity game first, then jv. If the varsity were playing later, I'd make a point to get by the ballfield more often.

There are some exceptions around the state. Most of those involve big schools with well-established programs. In Knoxville Farragut will get more "casual" fans than most other schools. I think Farragut's support is a combination of its tradition, location, and excellent venue to watch a game.