Mountaineers vs. Admirals

born2play1225

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mountaineers seem to lull you to sleep with seemingly sub par pitching and timely base hits. On a team such as the Farraguts and South Doyle's and the William Blounts who are used to seeing solid pitching, it seems very hard for them to adjust to the much slower, off speed oriented pitching attack of the mountaineers. Whatever works. Congratulations Heritage.

The mountaineers seem to lull you to sleep with seemingly sub par pitching and timely base hits. On a team such as the Farraguts and South Doyle's and the William Blounts who are used to seeing solid pitching, it seems very hard for them to adjust to the much slower, off speed oriented pitching attack of the mountaineers. Whatever works. Congratulations Heritage.

Heritage hit dinkers that fell in and then a long fly that killed us. Farragut just seemed to hit hard balls right at people. It was just one of those nights where everything went right for Heritage and everything went wrong for Farragut. Stuff happens. Don't be surprised if the next meeting is a little lopsided...

Heritage hit dinkers that fell in and then a long fly that killed us. Farragut just seemed to hit hard balls right at people. It was just one of those nights where everything went right for Heritage and everything went wrong for Farragut. Stuff happens. Don't be surprised if the next meeting is a little lopsided...

Don't be deceived. I was in the area, so I stopped by the game to see how Farragut looks this year. Farragut did not hit the ball hard at all. Most baserunners came from walks and hit batsmen. This was followed by popped up bunt attempts, and a general failure to move the runners. Heritage didn't hit well either, but they executed when they had to. The Farragut pitcher caught too much of the plate with a fastball and got jacked. You may call it a long fly, but it doesn't take much to go yard other than in CF at Farragut either.

I know it is early and this is only one game, but Farragut seems to be several notches below what they have been in recent years. In the past, their pitching and potent offense could make up for any weaknesses or errors against all but the elite level teams. That is no longer the case. When Catapano pitches, the opposition won't score many runs, but if Farragut doesn't score many either, the game is still up for grabs.

Bottom line: Farragut is good but not great, and good will get you several losses in District 4AAA this year.

Farragt needs to stop making excuses for losing. If the pitcher is not up to par as you might say then you need to make adjustments. Good hitters do that, but to say that Helton is a sub par pitcher, would only make Farragut a sub par team. There is no doubt that Farragut is a good team, they always have been and they always will be. But when they get beat they dont need to make excuses, they just need to tip their hats and say good game. And then to say that they just dinked the ball around would be an understatement, they faced a good pitcher and they did what they had to do to win. Helton gets a base hit and Johnson Moves him over on a routine bunt turned into a base hit by hustle, then the man behind him moves them over by doing his job and hitting the ball to the right side of the field putting them in scoring position. Then Davis takes a mistake fastball and turns it into three runs, i dont call that dinking it around the infield. I call that 9 players doing a job a.k.a-baseball.

I was at the game and watched the entire game. Farragut was not as sharp as in the past. They failed to execute and do the little things it takes to win a ballgame. On the other hand Heritage executed and scored when they had the chance. The biggest being the bunt by Young, with Bowers getting the base hit and scoring the 1st run of the game. Clinton Helton pitched a great game, he managed the ballgame better than Cheek and he came away with the win. Davis turned a mistake into three runs and won the ballgame. You might call it a flyball but it was 35 degrees, wind breezing in, I call it a HR. This game was a total team effort, right down to Goodson hitting the ball to the right side to move the runners in scoring position for Davis in the bottom of the 6th. Not many 3 hole hitters would do that for the team. Farragut will have to score more than 1 run if they want to repeat in the district. Farragut should not make excuses, this was a big win for Heritage and they should be congratulated.

The more excuses you all make, the more respect you lose.