Who will be playing for 1A title this season

timbdp

I like the way Trousdale does things, they did'nt dress alot of people but the ones they dressed were dedicated football players. You have to work to wear a yellow Jacket uniform, alot of schools would do well to take notes. Having 70 guys on you're sidelines don't mean a thing. Having 25 hard working ,dedicated FOOTBALL players means alot.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way Trousdale does things, they did'nt dress alot of people but the ones they dressed were dedicated football players. You have to work to wear a yellow Jacket uniform, alot of schools would do well to take notes. Having 70 guys on you're sidelines don't mean a thing. Having 25 hard working ,dedicated FOOTBALL players means alot.

Giving a kid the opportunity to suit up on Friday night means alot to the kids, even if they are on the sidelines. It should be a fun time for them. They are kids and still in high school. Many of them will never play orgainzed sports again after high school and these teams they play on will be what they tell their kids about. But I think the coach should keep as many players as he and his staff can coach effectively. If he has enough assisstants he should keep more, if not keep less. The trick is getting the ones with tallent to come out.

I would take as many players as I could get. A coach can change young peoples lives. Personally, I would got after every kid walking the hallway's at school wheter they ran a 4.0 flat forty or 6.8. There is strenthg in numbers. Most kids I have talked to seem to want to play only one way now. Football and kids are changing. You do not see many hard nosed ballplayers anymore. Coach Saterfeild probably had a harder time in 3A with player numbers than he did in 1A. Down here you can get away with samll numbers. The main thing I have learned from watching and studying football is you adapt your scheme to your players . Just sticking a formation with just any group doesn't work. The more players the more options.

I have heard many coaches talking about how they liked what Trousadale did and are trying it. Thats fine but his scheme will not fit every program.

Edited by BURLEY

Trousdale is lucky to have several talented kids every year,but I think they have to pay the price to suit up. I think kids should have to earn the right to be a part of any team. A team in my opinion is ,the whole group ,coaches and every single player doing what it takes to make the team better. I'm not a coach, but if I were, I would expect a commitment. The only numbers I want is the number of kids that are willing to work to make their team the best they can be. I don't care if they weigh 20 pds and are slower than Christmas, just give you,re best effort.

I would take as many players as I could get. A coach can change young peoples lives. Personally, I would got after every kid walking the hallway's at school wheter they ran a 4.0 flat forty or 6.8. There is strenthg in numbers. Most kids I have talked to seem to want to play only one way now. Football and kids are changing. You do not see many hard nosed ballplayers anymore. Coach Saterfeild probably had a harder time in 3A with player numbers than he did in 1A. Down here you can get away with samll numbers. The main thing I have learned from watching and studying football is you adapt your scheme to your players . Just sticking a formation with just any group doesn't work. The more players the more options.

I have heard many coaches talking about how they liked what Trousadale did and are trying it. Thats fine but his scheme will not fit every program.

I agree with you for the most part. You should have as many "PLAYERS" out as you can. I agree coaches should go after every kid in the hallways who will be willing to put in the time and effort necessary to be a "PLAYER". I do not like teams who field a bunch of "PARTICIPANTS" and folks who just take up space. I am also not a fan of making exceptions for great players, this does alot of damage to the TEAM and its work ethic. I think kids should be given options: do what is required or buy a ticket to the game on Friday. Saterfiled is doing a GREAT job with his PLAYERS.

I agree with you for the most part. You should have as many "PLAYERS" out as you can. I agree coaches should go after every kid in the hallways who will be willing to put in the time and effort necessary to be a "PLAYER". I do not like teams who field a bunch of "PARTICIPANTS" and folks who just take up space. I am also not a fan of making exceptions for great players, this does alot of damage to the TEAM and its work ethic. I think kids should be given options: do what is required or buy a ticket to the game on Friday. Saterfiled is doing a GREAT job with his PLAYERS.

I,m with you Riverrat, suit up the kids who are willing to pay the price. I don't like the way they do the youth nowadays, some kids work hard to excel, others do nothing, they all get the same awards. If this is what we are teaching our kids, we also need to give them all A,s on their report card. I like the earn concept. ITS LIFE

I agree with you pujo, I would want 20 boys to go to war in a football game than have 50 on the side line. Nowaday with kids they have everything and get everything they wan't. I like the kids that work for it, the ones that wan't start , but they bust there butt in practice and the weight room and prove the coach wrong and the coach is like wow! where did he come from. I know some kids like that and I praise them for it. If you wan't something out of life you have to work for it!

I agree with Pujo and the Hamptonbigdog. Look in a high school parking lot now and you'll see corvettes, mustangs, Acuras, and Supras. Mommys and daddys are buying junior and susy anything the want and when they don't have that feeder system one day, they might be in trouble. My senior year, I had to work for a 1979 Chevy Citation that had more Knots than the wishbone formation. My point is, Kids that have to work for the big prize are going to benefit more than if its just handed to them on a silver platter. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

all of the major powerhouses lost a lot of their starters, however i do believe that a most of them will still be the teams to watch. these teams are:Frienship, Trousdale, South Pittsburg, Jo Byrns, Mount Pleasant, and JCS. i pretty much mean all the powerhouses of last year except Union City. the reason for my scepticism of this team is the loss of around 20 seniors most of them starters if i remember correctly. that is a very big loss and they now have to start from scratch all over again, but who knows how good they could be. out of the east i pick Friendship to be at Murphesboro and from the west i pick either Jo Byrns or JCS to be there