Kick Returners

BIGFAN4525

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone I've talked to from Carter has said that they'll be very young and have a very long yr in 2006. Kick returners will probably be either Horsley or the Kid from Claiborne County(I can't remember his name). Watchout for the McMahan kid at Gibbs he may be the suprise player in the division.

I will be sure to let the boys know to watch Gibbs. Just don't under-estimate Rutledge. They may surprise everyone in 2006. They may be young, but those boys have played football all their lives. Rutledge has good athletes and should look better on offense in '06. Horsley will be all over the field, so good luck keeping track of him.

I guess that is what makes Fulton, Maryville, and all those great teams year in and year out so good. Think about what you are saying. If that is the case then what is Scott Co. problems. They have kids that have all those. Or maybe you are telling me that the coaches are doing a terrible job. I don't personally think that. You must have athletes with speed, size, ability, strength, and coaching to be successful. That is my opion. If I am wrong show me were, I am all for a good debate. I will admit that I am wrong if you can show me.

I guess that is what makes Fulton, Maryville, and all those great teams year in and year out so good. Think about what you are saying. If that is the case then what is Scott Co. problems. They have kids that have all those. Or maybe you are telling me that the coaches are doing a terrible job. I don't personally think that. You must have athletes with speed, size, ability, strength, and coaching to be successful. That is my opion. If I am wrong show me were, I am all for a good debate. I will admit that I am wrong if you can show me.

Fulton and maryville has 70 and 80 kids out every year while scott has 30 and 40. Scott Co has problems cause that right there they have GREAT athletes walkin the halls but cant play because they live so far away. K u wanna talk speed size and stuff like that lets talk start with Rudy Not a lick of athletic talent did it with heart and desire. Emmit Smith 5'10 ran a 4.8 40 not very strong Leading in rushing and Td's Charles Barkley 6'4 one of the best post ever played did it with heart and attitude. My 1984 team averaged a OL at 5'9 140 and 150 Won the district. Lost to maryville first round by 14 we did it with heart and deisre like our coach told us. I never said they had a bad staff and not bad players just not enough to compete in this region with 9 guys goin both ways its hard against team like AE and fulton with so much depth. o yea i almost forgot Physical look at dick butkis top 2 best LB's of all time one of the slowest players in the leauge but stil got the job done cause he had heart and wanted to hurt ppl. Ronnie Lot wasent very big or strong also. LA BELIEVED thats y they won they had talent not alot but they had heart and passion exspecailly that QB he was a warrior he played his heart out every second Best high School player ive ever seen

Edited by Old_Highlander_13

I guess those 40 players AE has is pure heart and soul. Are you telling me that Scott Co. has not had players with heart and soul for over 22 years. I think that last time Scott Co. was over 500 Scott Brummitt was playing. If I am wrong on that please correct me. I am only on this issue due to the remarks made by Running Riot ( a known Scott Co. Follower). He made the remark that if Scott Co. were in Region 1-3A then they would be a the top. Don't forget that when Fulton was a smaller roster they were still beating Scott Co. I don't think all that was heart and soul. I do see your point about playing with heart, but you must have tallent. The mention of Rudy was not a good one. He played 3 plays. It was a great story, but he was not a great player. I went to camp with Emmit Smith and he ran a 4.6 pro timing. He was being recruited out of Escambia High School in Pensecola Florida. Where Auburn made a huge run for him, but lost to Florida. You mention players with great tallent. Charles Barkley had a 42" verticle. Sure he was just 6'4", but weighed about 270. He was able to push many around. Dick Butkus was still strong and big. He also played with a passion. But he still had size, strength. Two of the points I made earlier. Once again, you need to have speed, size, strength, ability, and coaching.