The wild wild west

madisonLB

Wow. That's a lot of time left. Could he just not get control of the game?

The Bolton coach went to the that official and our coach and said that he wanted to go ahead and concede the game because it wasn't a district game and he was worried one of his players would get hurt. The refs had good control of the game in the first half. When we went up 3-0 early in the 2nd half things started to heat up and tempers were flaring. There was some questionable no-calls on a couple of hard tackles right in front of one of the refs. Our coach was just surprised because this has never happened and I think he thought he would have some imput in the game ending. But all that ref needed was the visiting, losing coach saying "we had enough" and he immediately ended the game.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my predictions for the District, Region, and Sub-state for A/AA in West Tennessee. Make of it what you want.

District Championship: D'burg-3 Westview-0; USJ-5 Northside-0; Madison-3 Haywood-1; Sheffield(automatic birth to region semis)

Region Semi: D'burg-4 Northside-0; USJ-1 Westview-2; Sheffield-3 Haywood-2 Madison(automatic birth to Region championship)

Region Final: D'burg-3 Westview-2; Sheffield-2 Madison-3

Sub-State: D'burg-2 Sheffield-1; Madison-4 Westview-2

State: Dyerburg

Madison

Sheffield will not get an automatic bid. The loser of the Haywood and Madison game must have Sheffield come in on there side of the post-tournament. So, Haywood could have to play Sheffield in the semi-finals game or Madison would have to play them in the semi-final game. There will not be a district tournament in District 15. There will only be a region tournament. Sheffield is the only team in District 16. You must have at least 2 teams to have a tournament. There is no automatic birth to the region. TSSAA rules.

Here are my predictions for the District, Region, and Sub-state for A/AA in West Tennessee. Make of it what you want.

District Championship: D'burg-3 Westview-0; USJ-5 Northside-0; Madison-3 Haywood-1; Sheffield(automatic birth to region semis)

Region Semi: D'burg-4 Northside-0; USJ-1 Westview-2; Sheffield-3 Haywood-2 Madison(automatic birth to Region championship)

Madison

The Bolton coach went to the that official and our coach and said that he wanted to go ahead and concede the game because it wasn't a district game and he was worried one of his players would get hurt. The refs had good control of the game in the first half. When we went up 3-0 early in the 2nd half things started to heat up and tempers were flaring. There was some questionable no-calls on a couple of hard tackles right in front of one of the refs. Our coach was just surprised because this has never happened and I think he thought he would have some imput in the game ending. But all that ref needed was the visiting, losing coach saying "we had enough" and he immediately ended the game.

The Bolten coach never actually went to the official about conceding the game. He went to the Dyersbug coach and said he was thinkin agout conceding the game and wanted to know what he had to say about it. The official overheard the Bolten coach say concede and called the game without talkin to either coach.

Madison

i agree with you though, either way, those scores look real accurate and i think thats the way the rest of the season plays out