Coach Pruitt leaving?

PHS99

Someone from Marion County has posted on al.com asking about Coach Pruitt returing to Plainview. Don't think that he will get the job, he has been the head coach of a lynch mob after the current coach at Plainview.The coach that got the job over his son three years ago. The coach has resigned, however, Pruitt miscalculated the reaction of the BOE and the majority of the people in DeKalb County.Only a few want him back. According to Pruitt's son ,Jeremy, Coach Pruitt wants to return home, because the people in Marion County are "different", and he doesn't mean in a good way. Pruitt's wife has stated that he doesn't like the people. He has stated that the program was nothing until he took the job and turned things around, but he just can't stand being there anymore.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone from Marion County has posted on al.com asking about Coach Pruitt returing to Plainview. Don't think that he will get the job, he has been the head coach of a lynch mob after the current coach at Plainview.The coach that got the job over his son three years ago. The coach has resigned, however, Pruitt miscalculated the reaction of the BOE and the majority of the people in DeKalb County.Only a few want him back. According to Pruitt's son ,Jeremy, Coach Pruitt wants to return home, because the people in Marion County are "different", and he doesn't mean in a good way. Pruitt's wife has stated that he doesn't like the people. He has stated that the program was nothing until he took the job and turned things around, but he just can't stand being there anymore.

Apparently you have some sort of issue with coach Pruitt which is fine, but don't miss quote him and try to turn the people of Jasper against him. Go or stay he is a good man. As far as not liking the people I beg to differ he and several of his asst. coaches are the best of friends and he has the community support which is more than I can say for when he was down there. Obviously time away from home is an issue, however Mrs Pruitt I was told said she wished he would stay here as to go back to Plainview and have to live in chaos. I also heard through the grapevine that a position in administration would probably come open in the next few months. I believe Coach Pruitt has a masters in administration. Sounds like if you guys can't find a position for him we will. I don't believe for a second he said that about the program. And as far as that is concerned 5 state championships and a period of 4 yrs where we only lost one game sure holds more ground than one semi-final game that you guys needed two Pruitts to get to. Sounds like your trying to bite the hand that used to feed you. If you don't want him leave him alone. We'll be glad to hang on to him. :thumb:

That was your first post on the T...interesting that you would make a negative post like that. It appears you joined the T for a specific reason.

Edited by wingman10

Yeah....There's definitely an agenda in this thread. If you read the forum at AL.com, the boys and girls out on the mountain are nearing a civil war. Obviously no one is moderating those threads because they say anything and everything to destroy their opponents. A difinite line has been drawn in the sand and you have to be on one side or the other. If you are the enemy, you and your family are fair game for anything. I'm glad that CoachT and his mods don't let this forum get out of hand like AL.com does. It's rediculous how these supposedly "grown" people have been acting. It's no wonder the mention of "Alabama" conjurs up certain images to people outside of the south......

As for Marion County.... we have had a long history of being a good football program. Like all HS programs, we've had great years and we've had years were we have struggled. Coach Pruitt has done some good things at Marion. However, we had football before he came and should he decide to leave, we'll have football after he is gone. We like him and obviously wish that he would stay, but that is a decision that he and his wife should make, without anyone interferring. It all boils down to a man making a living for his family. Working so far away from home has to be a strain on him and no one here would blame him if he left. But, make no mistake about it, he is welcome here for as long as he wants to stay.

Well said PurpleGrad!! I concur with your statement.

I will say this, the person that started this thread has never been to Marion Co. I spent 5 years in Jasper and I will be the first to say I enjoyed my time there. The people I worked with at the high school were great, the kids were wonderful and I made many friends in the community. I worked for and with some great coaches in a great football program,with the tradition and gold footballs to back up that statement. Good luck to the Warriors and Coach Pruitt, Randy, Paul, Zig and all the other coaches at MCHS.

Edited by wardawg2038

You wouldnt by chance go by Sadbear over on the other board would you?

Edited by volsbbfan

This post just goes to shows that the folks on the mountain never like to see one of their own do well somewhere else and they sure don't like to see the school "at the bottom of the hill" havinga successful seasons.

Whow...al.com is hopping with all the Plainview stuff...nice to see Marion listed in with the posts.

Edited by KimP

Yeah....There's definitely an agenda in this thread. If you read the forum at AL.com, the boys and girls out on the mountain are nearing a civil war. Obviously no one is moderating those threads because they say anything and everything to destroy their opponents. A difinite line has been drawn in the sand and you have to be on one side or the other. If you are the enemy, you and your family are fair game for anything. I'm glad that CoachT and his mods don't let this forum get out of hand like AL.com does. It's rediculous how these supposedly "grown" people have been acting. It's no wonder the mention of "Alabama" conjurs up certain images to people outside of the south......

As for Marion County.... we have had a long history of being a good football program. Like all HS programs, we've had great years and we've had years were we have struggled. Coach Pruitt has done some good things at Marion. However, we had football before he came and should he decide to leave, we'll have football after he is gone. We like him and obviously wish that he would stay, but that is a decision that he and his wife should make, without anyone interferring. It all boils down to a man making a living for his family. Working so far away from home has to be a strain on him and no one here would blame him if he left. But, make no mistake about it, he is welcome here for as long as he wants to stay.

Good post