lincoln co. vs coffee county

Rosie_the_Riveter

If you where in the press box you had no angle or good view of the play at first, neither did the umpire behind the plate who called her safe. Didn't say the umpire held up his middle finger, said he had it on the side of his face, like he was rubbing his eye but he wasn't moving his hand. people on the coffee side wouldn't of had a good angle at this.

I sit between the pressboxes behind homeplate about 4 feet to the first base side. The calls were right. I saw the one at home and first clearly. If you have proof on the ump about the finger thing report it. It's 1-1, rubber game at your place. Let the girls play ball.

By the way why was the fisrt baseman hunting for the bag with her foot if she had it on there to begin with?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before this goes any further,please remember this is the oldest and best rivalry in middle Tennnessee softball and it has been that with both sides mostly showing fantastic sportsmanship toward each other. Please dont get on here and ruin something that these two schools have worked so hard for over the years. Perfect example is last year in coaches allstar game Lincoln Co. Whitney Horton and the girls from Coffee that played had a great time together and realized that after 4 yrs of stiff competition against each other they could be friends. Whitney still talks about this when Coffee gets brought up.Hey maybe some things have happened this year that shouldnt bUt dont blow the greatest rivalry in high school softball{my opinion} anywhere to be found. I still say id rather watch these two teams play each other than any other teams in Tennnessee.Good luck to both teams but Lincoln Co. GET UR DUN!

Yes, a very good rivalry and both teams always play hard. Don't bicker and argue, just move on to the next game.

Obviously gomidstate, you had the only clear view of the entire field last night. I would also like to say that you really need to invest in a grammer and spell checker. Since your spelling and grammer is that of a fourth grader, I expect you probably are.

I personally missed the call at first, even though I was at the game. I was watching the runner advancing to third base. What I did see when I looked back to first base was the girl scrambling to step on the bag as the runner was returning to the base. If she thought she had made the out the first time, why was she trying trying to get her out again? I asked Hannah after the game if she was out and she said the girl never touched the bag with her foot. I believe her because she has been totally incapable of lying to me with anything close to a straight face for the last 18 years and believe me she has tried on many ocassions. In fact she has laughed several time over the last 10 years or so about how she got away a terrible call so I would tend to believe her this time.

Regardless of whether the call was right or wrong, it did not lose the game for you. A passed ball and a dropped routine fly ball cost the game. Both teams played hard and both teams made some stupid mistakes. Fortunately for us, your mistakes were a little more costly than ours this time.

For the last four years I have kept my mouth shut and wondered how a bunch of adults could act like such a bunch of babies. No one has ever lost a game because they were out played. Its always a bad call by the umpire or they just got lucky. This is Hannahs' last year at Coffee County. She got an offer to move on to bigger and better things right before the game and is excited about moving on to the next level with coach Barfield. As much as I will miss watching our daughters compete against each other, I will not miss whining and petty bickering that goes on among the parents and fans. Grow up people. It's about our girls....and it's supposed to be fun.

All I ever seem to see on here is how unsportsmanlike the Coffee County fans are. Granted there may have been a few over the last four years, but believe me when I say I've seen my share from the other side of the bleaches also. I love watching Coffee County play Lincoln County, although I would rather lose to Tullahoma than you guys. You guys have kicked our butts several times over the last four years, but I think we've made a pretty good showing ourselves.

This is my first and probably last contribution to CoachT so I would just like to say this. Call us lucky...call us rednecks....call us intense....but don't talk to me about poor sportsmanship. We can take a butt whuppin' as well as we can dish one out and to blame us for what you said was bad behavior by an umpire......seriously.

Edited by 05FAN

Obviously gomidstate, you had the only clear view of the entire field last night. I would also like to say that you really need to invest in a grammer and spell checker. Since your spelling and grammer is that of a fourth grader, I expect you probably are.

I personally missed the call at first, even though I was at the game. I was watching the runner advancing to third base. What I did see when I looked back to first base was the girl scrambling to step on the bag as the runner was returning to the base. If she thought she had made the out the first time, why was she trying trying to get her out again? I asked Hannah after the game if she was out and she said the girl never touched the bag with her foot. I believe her because she has been totally incapable of lying to me with anything close to a straight face for the last 18 years and believe me she has tried on many ocassions. In fact she has laughed several time over the last 10 years or so about how she got away a terrible call so I would tend to believe her this time.

Regardless of whether the call was right or wrong, it did not lose the game for you. A passed ball and a dropped routine fly ball cost the game. Both teams played hard and both teams made some stupid mistakes. Fortunately for us, your mistakes were a little more costly than ours this time.

For the last four years I have kept my mouth shut and wondered how a bunch of adults could act like such a bunch of babies. No one has ever lost a game because they were out played. Its always a bad call by the umpire or they just got lucky. This is Hannahs' last year at Coffee County. She got an offer to move on to bigger and better things right before the game and is excited about moving on to the next level with coach Barfield. As much as I will miss watching our daughters compete against each other, I will not miss whining and petty bickering that goes on among the parents and fans. Grow up people. It's about our girls....and it's supposed to be fun.

All I ever seem to see on here is how unsportsmanlike the Coffee County fans are. Granted there may have been a few over the last four years, but believe me when I say I've seen my share from the other side of the bleaches also. I love watching Coffee County play Lincoln County, although I would rather lose to Tullahoma than you guys. You guys have kicked our butts several times over the last four years, but I think we've made a pretty good showing ourselves.

This is my first and probably last contribution to CoachT so I would just like to say this. Call us lucky...call us rednecks....call us intense....but don't talk to me about poor sportsmanship. We can take a butt whuppin' as well as we can dish one out and to blame us for what you said was bad behavior by an umpire......seriously.

Welcome to the T.

it's not nice, lucky, to jump umps unless you have been a high school fastpitch ump yourself. i have said for years if coaches and radio announcers would umpire a few games, they would be a little more careful at handing out criticism.

I stand behind my broadcast, I callin like I see'em. Flash I said they got the call right. I was an ump for about 5 years for men's softball. It is a hard job. It is when a ref or ump makes a bad call that I will call them out. I think people that listen need to know what's happening, I have to be their eyes. Your a good one Flash keep up the good work.