Dyerburg

squirrel

Coach Joyner knows what he is doing! He has been at this for a long time! White's pitch count will vary depending on how much he threw in the off season! My kids usually started throwing in September 3 days a week to strengthen their arms. By the time season started, all of my starting pitchers were at the 100-110 (their max pitch total) by the 1st regular season game! Don't blame the coach, sometimes injuries happen and their is nothing you can do! Others time the kids push themselves too hard and cause injuries! Thats a fact of being a competitor!

Edited by dave61502

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Joyner knows what he is doing! He has been at this for a long time! White's pitch count will vary depending on how much he threw in the off season! My kids usually started throwing in September 3 days a week to strengthen their arms. By the time season started, all of my starting pitchers were at the 100-115 (their max pitch total) by the 1st regular season game! Don't blame the coach, sometimes injuries happen and their is nothing you can do! Others time the kids push themselves too hard and cause injuries! Thats a fact of being a competitor!

Well Dave then you are about as sorry of a coach as Joyner is! You can't have high school kids throwing over 100 pitches at the beginning of the season, that is stupid and selfish coaching. If you want to ruin someones career that is how you do it. J. White just came out of his boot and threw 120 pitches his first time out. Do you think that is good coaching just to get a darn disrtict win??? That kid is draftable but when coaches like you are out to get the win for YOUR personal records and achievements this is what happens. Point closed.

Well Dave then you are about as sorry of a coach as Joyner is! You can't have high school kids throwing over 100 pitches at the beginning of the season, that is stupid and selfish coaching. If you want to ruin someones career that is how you do it. J. White just came out of his boot and threw 120 pitches his first time out. Do you think that is good coaching just to get a darn disrtict win??? That kid is draftable but when coaches like you are out to get the win for YOUR personal records and achievements this is what happens. Point closed.

nice post walkoff

There is definitely no Personal record involved! If you read my post correctly then you would have seen that my kids started throwing in September! We always started with 25 pitches off the mound once a week and long toss and warm up 3 days a week! Lets see that would be 5 months of preparation to get a pitcher ready to throw 100 pitches in a game! I monitored every pitcher extremely close and I have never had any arm problems from any of my players! You know nothing personally about me and if anyone is sorry it is definitly not me, because I am not taking shots at someone I don't even know! All I cared about was preparing my kids for the season and the next level if they wanted to go that far! I never put any of my pitchers in jeopardy of an injury! Oh and by the way the least rest I have given a pitcher between games is a full 4 days and that has only been done twice in my career because of a twisted ankle situation! Read my post carefully next time! And don't assume you know everything! And if you knwo so much about pitching then where are you coaching right now?

What is Joyner thinking down in Milan? Save the kid's arm for the future. I mean high school ball isn't everything. He has the abilities to go to the next level. I understand 119 in May but in March is uncalled for.

Jon just got out of a boot (broken foot). IMO, there is no way he could have been ready to throw over 110 pitched. ;)

The problems started during Jon's Sophmore season when he threw way too much and way too often!!! :thumb:

Is there insurance to take care of getting this young man's arm fixed? In a situation like this does the school or TSSAA have coverage should surgery be required?

There is definitely no Personal record involved! If you read my post correctly then you would have seen that my kids started throwing in September! We always started with 25 pitches off the mound once a week and long toss and warm up 3 days a week! Lets see that would be 5 months of preparation to get a pitcher ready to throw 100 pitches in a game! I monitored every pitcher extremely close and I have never had any arm problems from any of my players! You know nothing personally about me and if anyone is sorry it is definitly not me, because I am not taking shots at someone I don't even know! All I cared about was preparing my kids for the season and the next level if they wanted to go that far! I never put any of my pitchers in jeopardy of an injury! Oh and by the way the least rest I have given a pitcher between games is a full 4 days and that has only been done twice in my career because of a twisted ankle situation! Read my post carefully next time! And don't assume you know everything! And if you knwo so much about pitching then where are you coaching right now?

September, that sounds a little early to me. Sure they will be ready to throw 100+ pitches. I think they may be overworked by the time the season starts though. I guess if you have enough pitching to give everyone five or six days rest between starts, it will work out o.k. If I were you I would not assume that the most qualified baseball people in this area are the coaches. Nolan Ryan said, "I never picked up a baseball until the first of the year."I don't know you or your motives, so I won't attack you personally. I the J. White case, I would say the coach has to shoulder some of the blame. He's had arm problems in the past, he's coming off a serious injury, and it's very early in the year. I think it it pretty safe to say, Milan has not been throwing since September. Good luck, and a speedy recovery to Jonathan!!!

All of you that are downing coach Joyner obviously know nothing about him. Coach Joyner would never put someones future in jeopardy for his personal record. Coach Joyner's personal record is outstanding, and i know that he cares way more about the well being of his players than his records. I played for coach Joyner and i can promise you that the only reason J. White pitched that long was because he told Coach Joyner that he wanted to stay in. So please don't post opinions that down a coach, only post the facts.

All of you that are downing coach Joyner obviously know nothing about him. Coach Joyner would never put someones future in jeopardy for his personal record. Coach Joyner's personal record is outstanding, and i know that he cares way more about the well being of his players than his records. I played for coach Joyner and i can promise you that the only reason J. White pitched that long was because he told Coach Joyner that he wanted to stay in. So please don't post opinions that down a coach, only post the facts.

I second that...

Edited by westtn2004state

The FACTS speak for themselves. The FACTS are evidence that speak much louder than words! :lol:

The facts do speak louder than words. Especially words after the fact!! No one is slamming Joyner, he's a respectable coach. However, he is definitely somewhat responsible for the injury. If a coach is going to let his players dictate how long they stay in the game to pitch, why is he called a coach? I'm not saying that this injury would not have happened if he had pulled Jonathan earlier. No one knows that for sure. Saying the player wanted to stay in the game, yields absolutely no justification for the coaches actions. Why not let the players write out the line-ups and coach the bags? If they have the final say in pitch count when does a coach stop being a spectator and become a coach?

The facts do speak louder than words. Especially words after the fact!! No one is slamming Joyner, he's a respectable coach. However, he is definitely somewhat responsible for the injury. If a coach is going to let his players dictate how long they stay in the game to pitch, why is he called a coach? I'm not saying that this injury would not have happened if he had pulled Jonathan earlier. No one knows that for sure. Saying the player wanted to stay in the game, yields absolutely no justification for the coaches actions. Why not let the players write out the line-ups and coach the bags? If they have the final say in pitch count when does a coach stop being a spectator and become a coach?

I thought the parents were the ones that wrote out the lineups in most cases in HS Baseball!

The FACTS speak for themselves. The FACTS are evidence that speak much louder than words! :justwrestle:

Yes he threw a lot of innings in 04..but if he doesnt then maybe we dont win a ring.. and the injury happened this past summer while he was playing with a team out of jackson i believe it was the Storm..and its not the coaches fault that john strikes out so many batters "10" that game and pitches 119 pitches.. take away his strikeouts and all the batters he got 2 strikes on them maybe john only throws 75-80 pitches..but everybody knows if you strike a lot out it only means more pitches thrown..and john hates losing and with it being a close game in the end he wanted the ball in his hand just like all good pitchers do..and milan won..and john will be gettin looked at by another doctor..and i just bet that you'll see john maybe closing games in the district tourney...he's not for sure done yet